Biggest disappointment last night...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
bskrilla said:
I feel as if I specifically remember the front four getting almost no pressure during the preseason last year, and we all know how that turned out. Color me not worried.

I'm not worried either. Pressure is created mostly by scheme as opposed to physically man-handling the opponent.

Well, if that's totally true then someone should tell D"Marco and Venturi, cause they felt differently.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memphis Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:
mojorizen7 said:
DR RAM said:
Did anybody else notice that we just didn't look like we were in shape? Conrath flashed for me a couple times, as did Brodine.
Yeah i saw Conrath bent over a couple times in huddle....looking for his oxygen tank. He did play well though vs the run. Work work work! Its good for him. Get that boy in shape :cool:

Ya know... we are all in love with Fisher. But, if we got a guy buckling over he's either sick or not working hard enough before this game! I'm not critiquing Conrath. Instead question what Fisher is doing with the cardio.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it didn't seem like the DLinemen were being rotated in and out like they would be during the season.
Yeah, I think you're right. They played in shifts.

V3

Hall of Fame
I was saying as much last night in the chat room. The D-line is supposed to be our best unit and they were horrid, IMO. I think I saw Langford have a nice play against a run but that was about it. No one else did a thing. If you can't get any pressure without the blitz, you aren't a top tier D-line. The thing is, it wasn't just the pass rush. The run defense was just as bad.

I'm not freaking out just yet, though. I realize it's just the first preseason game. But if they still look like this in the 3rd preseason game, that's when I'll start to wonder what the heck is going on.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
V3 said:
I was saying as much last night in the chat room. The D-line is supposed to be our best unit and they were horrid, IMO. I think I saw Langford have a nice play against a run but that was about it. No one else did a thing. If you can't get any pressure without the blitz, you aren't a top tier D-line. The thing is, it wasn't just the pass rush. The run defense was just as bad.

I'm not freaking out just yet, though. I realize it's just the first preseason game. But if they still look like this in the 3rd preseason game, that's when I'll start to wonder what the heck is going on.
I thought the rush defense overall was quite good actually. I think the Browns ended up averaging under 3 yards/carry.

I saw Ogletree make a few mistakes that ended up costing some big yardage...but i didn't see the Browns get free much at all on the ground.

bskrilla

Starter
V3 said:

This is just factually wrong. The run defense was just fine last night. On their first two series combined the Browns had 10 runs for 29 total yards. And 20 of those yards came on 2 runs. On the first series they had 6 rushes for 15 yards. (I think the first team D-line only played the first series)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a little concerned by what I saw last night by both our offense AND defense. Sam looked sharp but I honestly don't know how he even got a few of those passes out of his hand. And the drops? Catch the damn ball. You're supposed to be professionals.

But by far my biggest disappointment last night? Bernie fucking Kosar! Seriously. The NFL ought to ban him from EVER commenting on the game. As I said before, I would be extremely embarrassed if I were a Browns fan. He wasn't just bad. He was a humiliation to the league. All I could think of was - Is there no one who can put a sock in this guy's pie hole? OMFG!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
I'm a little concerned by what I saw last night by both our offense AND defense. Sam looked sharp but I honestly don't know how he even got a few of those passes out of his hand. And the drops? Catch the damn ball. You're supposed to be professionals.

But by far my biggest disappointment last night? Bernie fucking Kosar! Seriously. The NFL ought to ban him from EVER commenting on the game. As I said before, I would be extremely embarrassed if I were a Browns fan. He wasn't just bad. He was a humiliation to the league. All I could think of was - [hilite]Is there no one who can put a sock in this guy's pie hole?[/hilite] OMFG!
Oooh, someone did that to his daughter.

I'm 100% with you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:

But by far my biggest disappointment last night? Bernie fucking Kosar! Seriously. The NFL ought to ban him from EVER commenting on the game. As I said before, I would be extremely embarrassed if I were a Browns fan. He wasn't just bad. He was a humiliation to the league. All I could think of was - [hilite]Is there no one who can put a sock in this guy's pie hole?[/hilite] OMFG!
Oooh, someone did that to his daughter.

I'm 100% with you.

Yeah - it was a Sock. :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm also a little disappointed (now that I think about it) in the coverage units.
27 yards per kick return and 45 per punt return. There's nothing exotic or vanilla about that aspect of the game.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
I'm also a little disappointed (now that I think about it) in the coverage units.
27 yards per kick return and 45 per punt return. There's nothing exotic or vanilla about that aspect of the game.
No, they just sucked. REALLY bad lane discipline.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
Which is odd. They were vastly improved last year as opposed to 2011.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
We work on ST a lot, I suspect more than a lot of teams, but there are a lot of guys trying to make the team, so they probably just went straight to the ball to try to make a tackle.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
We work on ST a lot, I suspect more than a lot of teams, but there are a lot of guys trying to make the team, so they probably just went straight to the ball to try to make a tackle.
Suppose so. I thought that was first team, but there are a lot of new players.
There was probably a buffet of chewed ass over that one though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
Oh yeah. I'll try to look at that when I'm watching the line. Try to see what exactly happened.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
Oh yeah. I'll try to look at that when I'm watching the line. Try to see what exactly happened.
You can see chewed ass on film?
That's some quality HD you've got.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
max said:
CGI_Ram said:
bskrilla said:
I feel as if I specifically remember the front four getting almost no pressure during the preseason last year, and we all know how that turned out. Color me not worried.

I'm not worried either. Pressure is created mostly by scheme as opposed to physically man-handling the opponent.

Well, if that's totally true then someone should tell D"Marco and Venturi, cause they felt differently.

Lol. Yeah, in a preseason game this conclusion is drawn?

Look, those guys are football personalities now.

I don't see nothing to get excited about in week 1 of preseason!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

V3

Hall of Fame
mojorizen7 said:
V3 said:

I thought the rush defense overall was quite good actually. I think the Browns ended up averaging under 3 yards/carry.

I saw Ogletree make a few mistakes that ended up costing some big yardage...but i didn't see the Browns get free much at all on the ground.

Perhaps I missed a stop or two and those long runs didn't help. They sure didn't look that good to me from what I saw. I saw zero penetration with the exception of the one play from Langford. I expect a lot more than that from our front 4- especially with how high they were all picked. I hear nonstop how the Rams front four could be the best in the league. It didn't look like that to me last night.

But like I said, it was the first game so I'm not going crazy about it. I just didn't like the first taste they gave us.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Colts, specifically Luck shredded us last year, same type of deal where Fisher was super vanilla and the opposing team was trying to send a message to their fanbase.

I didn't take much stock in it then, I don't know. Just like I didn't when we were going 3-1 and 4-0 under Spags. At least we got into the endzone this time.