Big Games 8/6 Camp Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream
First off beautiful evening and nice big crowd out at camp. First time giving a report this season but I have been to several practices. Now this is from notes I took while watching so bare with me.

Brian Quick looks good caught just about everything thrown his way. Jenkins had a pick on Foles and continues to shine in coverage. Although I don't like all the gambles or misplays he may have at times. I do think he will play very well this year and get that contract extension.

Greg Williams continues to bring pressure from all over but despite this Foles looked better. Foles did make a bad pass to Tavon that was picked by Jenkins due to the pressure the defense brought.

Pead continues to show he wants to be on this team nice runs and catches out the backfield

Looks like the offense wanted to work on passes to the flat with either the full back or running back. Kendricks looked a little better he did have a couple drops during drills but made a nice grab in 11 on 11

To me the quick crossing route will be a staple in our offense come the regular season. It seems to be ran at ever practice

Havenstein and Brown will be just fine guys are really progressing. Aaron Donald is still unblockable. Brad Smelly the TE impressed me today a lot of good catches in drills and 11 on 11

I like what I see in Mannion he stands tall in the pocket goes thru his progressions and makes good throws. He could be the future if developed .

Foles played a little shotgun which helped keep the pressure off him resulting in some nice accurate throws.

Benny Cunningham came to play today had some nice runs. The O line can really run block. Running game will nice saw holes for Cunningham, Pead, Watts, and Reynolds.

Joyner laid a huge hit on Pead after quick toss left in which Pead gained big yards. Drew ohs and ahhhhs from the crowd and teammates

In drills QB's worked on roll out passes to Cook in the corner of the end zone. Also worked on quick slants in the redzone with Quick and Cook and Kendricks.

Gurley did reps on the side and also some running you can tell he is ready to be let loose. Bailey, Givens, and Cunningham worked on catching kickoffs

Mannion seems to be close to Foles always asking questions

Nice touch towards the end of practice offense went against defense as if it was backed up on the 10 yard while the backups screamed and made noise as if they where the crowd During that Jenkins got beat by Bailey along the sideline for what would have been a huge gain but Jenkins grabs Bailey

Well that's just some of what I saw and took notes on. If anybody else was there please add or comment on anything I may have missed.

Oh I won a 101 ESPN t shirt by throwing a mini football and knocking over a Dr Pepper bottle (y)

After practice saw Tavon driving his brand new all black Maybach

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Love all these reports you all are doing!! Big thanks for taking the time!!! Great job man!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Great job Big Game - I will be taking my son out there this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?

rams2050

Starter
I hope Tavon has invested at least some of his money in something other than a Maybach.

Wasn't there a story -- maybe last year? -- about one of the Rams who had signed a big contract and was driving some type of economy car, stating that "I'm not a rich guy?" I admired that kid; he is probably one who WON'T be filing bankruptcy papers two years out of the league.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope Tavon has invested at least some of his money in something other than a Maybach.

Wasn't there a story -- maybe last year? -- about one of the Rams who had signed a big contract and was driving some type of economy car, stating that "I'm not a rich guy?" I admired that kid; he is probably one who WON'T be filing bankruptcy papers two years out of the league.

I don't remember the article but I know that Quinn drives a pretty standard pick-up. It was newer but nothing fancy at all.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Big Game ...thanks for the report. Question, it seemed from TV, that they weren't really going full speed. Is this the speed of most practices, or just one view of 11 on 11? It's kinda hard to tell.....much appreciated again...

Big Game

Living The Dream
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Big Game ...thanks for the report. Question, it seemed from TV, that they weren't really going full speed. Is this the speed of most practices, or just one view of 11 on 11? It's kinda hard to tell.....much appreciated again...

Good point from what i could tell and from seeing other practices, they did let up a little bit and i think Fisher explained that in one of his interviews. He mentioned how they are ready to hit someone else and that they wanted them to protect themselves and protect each other.

Also at this practice i noticed we didn't see too many deep shots until "after" the NFL network coverage. Not sure if it was due to them working on routes in the flat or redzone work. But something i noticed.