Big Fish abruptly ended press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We can't blame anybody for injuries, but we can blame them for how we looked even outside or before the injuries. Before the injuries.. Did we look like a consistent team? We weren't heavily injured when we dropped two straight winnable games because our offense had absolutely no fire power at all. Our PFF ratings were in the toilet for both games, then we beat the Cardinals and all was forgiven, then we dropped another terrible one to the Packers, well before all the major injuries started setting in.
Yeah, when Foles was becoming increasingly inconsistent. Again, hindsight. Nobody knew he was gonna take the plunge like that. I already made a fairly lengthy post about why he was the best fit for this offense before we traded for him, which was *why* we traded for him. I guess the logical next step for you is to blame the coaching for his lack of development or for his sharp decline, but there's no proof of that.
Absolutely none of our players of our players have played consistently this season outside of Austin, Donald, Gurley and Hekker. Like you guys say, our players have to play, but who's to blame when players constantly don't come to play and can't execute for 4 years? The players have to play, but also the coaches are INTEGRAL to what style, technique, scheme and understanding of the game that these players have. If they aren't in the proper scheme to elevate their styles, or taught the proper technique or aren't taught to understand the game as it is today then they will fail and it will manifest itself in inconsistency and that seems more likely to me than our players are just not talented or smart enough to put it together or they just magically can't.
That's a lot of ifs. I don't subscribe to the theory that the players aren't being taught to understand the game, or taught proper technique. I don't even think that's in the realm of possibility. There's like 100 years of combined coaching experience - successful coaching experience - on this staff. And to follow your logic, every team with a losing record must have shitty coaches. Again - not within the realm of possibility. The only thing I can attribute to this is that we simply don't have good enough players to compete and win consistently. And sure. You can put that on Fisher/Snead if you want. Nowhere else to go with that one.
And onto the offense, you say you can't use hindsight, but why not? If we could see that options were out there, some even calling for players who went on to be insanely successful in their mocks, then these guys who have forgotten more football than I'll ever learn should have seen those options too right? You can say they had their plans, but ultimately their plans didn't work, and barring the first season since that's when he first started everything the plan hasn't worked in 3 years he's tried to execute it. When do you start losing faith in the plan's ability to execute? When do you start saying, maybe his plan just doesn't work? Like@Rmfnlt put perfectly, sometimes it's not about what happens in season, eventually it starts to come to if you believe these guys CAN fix it. You can say that it took skill to build a D this talented, but let me remind you Fisher's not the only person to build a talented team, nor would he be the first person to build a talented team that he couldn't take as far as needed and somebody else had to finish the job. Even Mike Singletary was smart enough to bring in Justin Smith, Michael Crabtree, Mike Iupati and Navorro Bowman and was credited for helping pull Vernon Davis' head out of his ass, but ultimately that still didn't change the fact that he couldn't take them to the promised land. It's not anybody's fault, but not being anybody's fault doesn't mean you should continue to make the same mistake over and over expecting a different result.
Not sure what your point is there, because you kind of meandered around until you reached your final sentence. I maintain that you can't use hindsight to criticize a draft, because nobody knew - at the time - whether or not players would have panned out, or if they were the right fit, or if taking somebody YOU liked would have negated the opportunity for someone they liked. I get it that some people have come up with good mocks, but so what? Who's to say that Jeffery would have succeeded on this team? Maybe Pead would have been better on another team, and so on. All coaches can do is stack their board with players who fit their scheme. Ragging on who they took, and when, simply because they haven't panned out NOW is using hindsight. Maybe they can't fix the things that keep breaking here. Certainly possible. As for your, "at what point do you say...." remark. I'll add to that by saying, "at what point do you stop complaining about it?"
You can say hopefully we can band together and make better choices, but you have to believe that the person is capable of making better choices, and I simply do not believe that Fisher is capable of that anymore. My next steps involve Fisher no longer being apart of this team because I don't believe he has what it takes to completely take the team out of the mire.
Yeah, you said that already.