Big changes coming to NFL lockerooms....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My point was not really about a specific guy....I listed several with character or criminal issues.
My point was if the price is right and it fills a need it doesn't matter what a guys history is to teams generally, the Rams are no exception.
I don't think Incognito is a savior for the line or the only option. I
Just think the team needs to explore any option to upgrade the line. If the cost is a good deal in relation to ability I would do it.
I think Incognito's case is going to HAVE to matter, because the specifics are just so out there right now. And it's going to be a huge deal.

The only way I can see it going away for him is sitting out the year, being as quite as he can, and maybe trying next year when the heat's off. And hopefully obtain professional help during that time.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think Incognito's case is going to HAVE to matter, because the specifics are just so out there right now. And it's going to be a huge deal.

The only way I can see it going away for him is sitting out the year, being as quite as he can, and maybe trying next year when the heat's off. And hopefully obtain professional help during that time.
Why do u think it's "so out there right now"? You don't think the media chooses what it reports on, and makes decisions on what to amplify and what not to amplify.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think he be will be suspended for a couple of games and or fined by the league and that will be it.

We will see.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Why do u think it's "so out there right now"? You don't think the media chooses what it reports on, and makes decisions on what to amplify and what not to amplify.
The 144 page report makes me think it's so out there right now.

And even if people don't read that, it's not like the media is sweeping this under the rug. And as long as they're not doing that, it's out there.

Any team who signs that moron is going to have both a huge distraction and a PR disaster on their hands.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The 144 page report makes me think it's so out there right now.

And even if people don't read that, it's not like the media is sweeping this under the rug. And as long as they're not doing that, it's out there.

Any team who signs that moron is going to have both a huge distraction and a PR disaster on their hands.
Right, why is the media making such a big issue of this when we have real pressing issues facing humanity?

You don't think there is an agenda at work here?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Right, why is the media making such a big issue of this when we have real pressing issues facing humanity?

You don't think there is an agenda at work here?
A. Why talk about sports at all when there are real pressing issues?

B. I'm not sure what this has to do with my point.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

You've clearly not even glossed over the report......there is no media amplification, no conspiracy to get Incognito. The dude is a whacked out jackass and there is a several year history to prove this. He got kicked out of two colleges and now has been kicked out of two locker rooms.

In order to play again he is going to have to show a mountain of contrition and have a really good publicist write a really good apology. What he said and did was that bad.......if you read the report you'll understand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
You've clearly not even glossed over the report......there is no media amplification, no conspiracy to get Incognito. The dude is a whacked out jackass and there is a several year history to prove this. He got kicked out of two colleges and now has been kicked out of two locker rooms.

In order to play again he is going to have to show a mountain of contrition and have a really good publicist write a really good apology. What he said and did was that bad.......if you read the report you'll understand.
and u dont seem to understand agendas and manipulation, which is why ur so bought-in to this.

jjab360

Legend

I think his latest twitter comments are going to undermine any fake apology his publicist writes up for him. What an idiot..

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think his latest twitter comments are going to undermine any fake apology his publicist writes up for him. What an idiot..
this was never about Cogs, he was a convenient lever point to gain public support for a new player 'monitoring' program

jjab360

Legend
this was never about Cogs, he was a convenient lever point to gain public support for a new player 'monitoring' program
46135638.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Are you saying that this never happened or that some of the report is false?

EDIT:

By his own admission Incognito was the one trying to manipulate things through the media by sending Martin kind text messages after this was just starting to surface while ripping him to team mates.

He "leaked" these to the press to try to make himself look good.

Someone else posted this link......I'll put it here so you can check it out.....then you can make the decision either way.

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-stuff-from-the-dolphins-investigation-updati-1522846626

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Are you saying that this never happened or that some of the report is false?

EDIT:

By his own admission Incognito was the one trying to manipulate things through the media by sending Martin kind text messages after this was just starting to surface while ripping him to team mates.

He "leaked" these to the press to try to make himself look good.

Someone else posted this link......I'll put it here so you can check it out.....then you can make the decision either way.

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-stuff-from-the-dolphins-investigation-updati-1522846626
the media has the power to highlight and exploit any human behavior they wish to. so, why not bombard fans with a story about how some player stood up against the gov't or some large corporate (bully) aggressor and won? Maybe cause a story like that would put the 'wrong' types of ideas into the minds of millions of fans. instead, we're inhumane humans who have to be monitored for our own good, and Richie was the perfect media story to leverage.

jjab360

Legend
the media has the power to highlight and exploit any human behavior they wish to. so, why not bombard fans with a story about how some player stood up against the gov't or some large corporate (bully) aggressor and won? Maybe cause a story like that would put the 'wrong' types of ideas into the minds of millions of fans. instead, we're inhumane humans who have to be monitored for our own good, and Richie was the perfect media story to leverage.
What players standing up against the government, what are you even talking about? I don't understand why everything has to be a conspiracy with some people...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I need better clarification there my friend........

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This could be a reason set of guidelines for the locker room or it could ballon into a huge pain in the butt for NFL teams. Judging from Goodell's recent rulings, the latter may be imposed....except for the Putiots. He loves the Putriots.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think he be will be suspended for a couple of games and or fined by the league and that will be it.

We will see.

I'm sort of thinking his agent will argue "time served" since he lost two game checks and was suspended 8 games total. There might even be something in the CBA that prevents additional discipline. IMO it isn't really necessary anyway, if Incognito is going to learn a lesson here and he didn't already learn it a few more games isn't going to do it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Geesh. The point here is that the "Media" makes decisions about what it presents and amplifies to the public. That then create focus and frames the public's orientation to the world. From that, the public makes decisions. These are deliberate decisions by media ownership. This is not just some organic happenstance.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Geesh. The point here is that the "Media" makes decisions about what it presents and amplifies to the public. That then create focus and frames the public's orientation to the world. From that, the public makes decisions. These are deliberate decisions by media ownership. This is not just some organic happenstance.

I disagree on that point.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Actually, with the League preparing to write some locker room rules, it will be quite a few more years before Ritchie will be accepted onto another team. I don't think a year will make that much difference. Between the media and Goodell, this is just getting started.