Big changes coming to NFL lockerooms....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
To be my garbageman, maybe.

Keep him away from the Rams at all costs.
I disagree. But I understand where your coming from.
Leonard Little committed a crime with tragic and real consequences and, generally, was accepted back in St Louis. It really depends how you look at it.
Frankly Incognitos' history with the Rams previously is more of a concern. His play has been clean (no dirtier than say Hayes from this last year) on the field. Was the guy really destroying their locker room? Seriously doubtful.
Little, Ryan Tucker, Dunbar, Phillips, Jenkins....The Rams have seen their share of head cases. Frankly what was going on here could be considered less serious than all of those examples listed above.
Depends on one persons perspective or another's.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Leonard Little committed a crime with tragic and real consequences and, generally, was accepted back in St Louis. It really depends how you look at it.
Frankly Incognitos' history with the Rams previously is more of a concern. His play has been clean (no dirtier than say Hayes from this last year) on the field. Was the guy really destroying their locker room? Seriously doubtful.
Little, Ryan Tucker, Dunbar, Phillips, Jenkins....The Rams have seen their share of head cases. Frankly what was going on here could be considered less serious than all of those examples listed above.
Apples and oranges IMO.

In Little's case, he made a stupid mistake (drinking and driving) and the worst luck possible turned it into a fatality. I would have absolutely supported him being run out of the NFL, IF and ONLY IF you also run out everyone else who commits the same mistake, but just has better luck. NFL won't do that, because some competing league will sign the players and actually have a hope of competition.

As you rightly point out, Incognito was a joke before this... now all this comes out, a dedicated campaign of harassment and bullying, and I'm not sure he's learned a thing.

I don't care if he'd work for veteran's minimum. Keep him off the Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend
Apples and oranges IMO.

In Little's case, he made a stupid mistake (drinking and driving) and the worst luck possible turned it into a fatality. I would have absolutely supported him being run out of the NFL, IF and ONLY IF you also run out everyone else who commits the same mistake, but just has better luck. NFL won't do that, because some competing league will sign the players and actually have a hope of competition.

As you rightly point out, Incognito was a joke before this... now all this comes out, a dedicated campaign of harassment and bullying, and I'm not sure he's learned a thing.

I don't care if he'd work for veteran's minimum. Keep him off the Rams.
I wouldn't say he was a joke. He has been a Pro Bowl player.
Would the benefit of upgrading the LG spot that much offset any potential risk? I think so.
He posses a lesser risk than resigning Dunbar in my opinion. Of course that depends on what punishment is doled out by Commish Poopyhead.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
To be fair, social media is bigger than ever.

But, yeah. Freak making everything socially correct. Have some balls! Don't like hits? Don't like testosterone? Don't play football.

I'm not saying don't work on these issues, but damn. It's a freaking sport.

Welcome to the old guys football fan club. Feel free to bristle and shake your head at todays football issues.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Maybe this whole thing is just an excuse to give the Commish a reason to invade the locker room?
Ding ding ding..... Give this member a prize. This is exactly how the machine works. Richie + Martin were !merely convenient media pawns, and us fans the dupes.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Is Goodell an asshole?...Yes. Is Incognito a bigger asshole? Double turds, YES.

Am I ignorant to football ways? No.

Was Martin an asshole too? Yes.

Lines were crossed, jokes, became non-jokes. A decent person should know this. Some of it is widespread, and some of it is totally isolated. This should be recognized and respected.

RESPECT...If we follow this one word and its meaning...we should all come out fine.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Is Goodell an asshole?...Yes. Is Incognito a bigger asshole? Double turds, YES.

Am I ignorant to football ways? No.

Was Martin an asshole too? Yes.

Lines were crossed, jokes, became non-jokes. A decent person should know this. Some of it is widespread, and some of it is totally isolated. This should be recognized and respected.

RESPECT...If we follow this one word and its meaning...we should all come out fine.
Goodhell doesn't respect anyone, the players, the fans, the coaches... anyone. He's got an agenda and he'll use whatever tactics are necessary to move it forward.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the nrl, the rugby league competition in australia, has had live camera feeds into the locker rooms for well over a decade. vision, no sound.

it's a great insight for the viewers.

fearsomefour

Legend
My understanding of NFL policy (which is not great I admit) is a player would have already needed to be caught more than once to be suspended. Incognito has not been suspended for PEDs or drug abuse if memory serves. If Dunbar does reoffend he will be out for an extended period.
So, I am saying Dunbar is likely to miss an extended period based on this. But that may change depending on Incognitos punishment.
Give me a better upgrade at LG at a reduced rate and I am off the Incognito bandwagon.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Incognito is a repeat offender of stupidity. Incognito is 30 years old making not only stupid, but disturbing decisions.

The difference between some of the guys you mentioned or any of the players Fisher drafts with "risks" is that those players made mistakes that they had moved on from. Incognito hasn't learned anything from his mistakes and will continue to be a poor human being. The example you list that most resembles Incognito is Phillips...you want to go down a road like that again?

Being hung up on this "cheap production" is really offbase. Every team in the NFL needs good guards but they aren't going to run out and sign Incognito just because you can get him for nothing because he's an idiot. You think this Dolphins situation is worth the production this idiot can supply? He made a ProBowl as an alternate once...we aren't talking about Larry Allen here. C'mon...enough with this silliness.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Incognito is a repeat offender of stupidity. Incognito is 30 years old making not only stupid, but disturbing decisions.

The difference between some of the guys you mentioned or any of the players Fisher drafts with "risks" is that those players made mistakes that they had moved on from. Incognito hasn't learned anything from his mistakes and will continue to be a poor human being. The example you list that most resembles Incognito is Phillips...you want to go down a road like that again?

Being hung up on this "cheap production" is really offbase. Every team in the NFL needs good guards but they aren't going to run out and sign Incognito just because you can get him for nothing because he's an idiot. You think this Dolphins situation is worth the production this idiot can supply? He made a ProBowl as an alternate once...we aren't talking about Larry Allen here. C'mon...enough with this silliness.
In American, Stupidity is not a crime, nor does it justify 24/7 camera intrusion by an overseeing entity. If you allow this in the NFL, what's next?

fearsomefour

Legend

I agree about Incognito being an idiot. Could not disagree more about Little. He killed someone and was arrested again doing the same thing....but boy he could rush the passer!! Phillips was a criminal convicted as was Tucker.
Don't want him? I get it. I don't ever disagree if there is a better option at LG. Williams at $1m or Incognito at $2 or 3m? Easy choice for me.
But that's just me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I agree about Incognito being an idiot. Could not disagree more about Little. He killed someone and was arrested again doing the same thing....but boy he could rush the passer!! Phillips was a criminal convicted as was Tucker.
Don't want him? I get it. I don't ever disagree if there is a better option at LG. Williams at $1m or Incognito at $2 or 3m? Easy choice for me.
But that's just me.

The second arrest was bogus, he wasn't intoxicated, the cop was over stepping his authority.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
But that's just me.
He was arrested again and exonerated of the charges.

You act as though that's the only route to go, Incognito or Williams...please.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
In American, Stupidity is not a crime, nor does it justify 24/7 camera intrusion by an overseeing entity. If you allow this in the NFL, what's next?
I was only speaking of the idea of bringing Incognito in...not the camera debate.

fearsomefour

Legend
He was arrested again and exonerated of the charges.

You act as though that's the only route to go, Incognito or Williams...please.
Not the only route.
What I see are a couple of FA that are better and will cost more and guys that are not as good. Could draft a guy which is a crap shoot.
I just don't see many options to upgrade the position.

fearsomefour

Legend
The second arrest was bogus, he wasn't intoxicated, the cop was over stepping his authority.
My point was not really about a specific guy....I listed several with character or criminal issues.
My point was if the price is right and it fills a need it doesn't matter what a guys history is to teams generally, the Rams are no exception.
I don't think Incognito is a savior for the line or the only option. I
Just think the team needs to explore any option to upgrade the line. If the cost is a good deal in relation to ability I would do it.