Beware of Mr Baker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Anyone see this rockumentary about the greatest drummer of all times. The one and only Ginger Baker. If not i say its a must see. Cream of the crop.
http://bewareofmrbaker.com/

Yes, I watched it a few months ago. He's a mean, old codger.

200.gif

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to step on anyone's toes. I saw Buddy Rich at a jazz-fest on the James River in Va in the late 70s. Guy was pretty good. And I did see the Documentary. Quite a guy Mr. Baker.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ginger Baker was a ground breaker for sure....using polyrhythms and stuff in rock music way before anyone else.
That said, like a lot of talented and very driven people, he is a selfish, entitled scumbag. Like most addicts. Talent does not give someone the right to be a total jerk. In the end he gets what I am sure he deserves....a lonely life.
My favorite part was his reaction to the Mtv idiot asking him if he thought Nirvana was the next Cream.....:rolllaugh:

fearsomefour

Legend
Not to step on anyone's toes. I saw Buddy Rich at a jazz-fest on the James River in Va in the late 70s. Guy was pretty good. And I did see the Documentary. Quite a guy Mr. Baker.
Buddy was great too....just ask him. Another A-hole. Had a chance to meet him a couple of times and his egotism never disappointed.
Forever he was praised as the best ever....as if there is such a thing. He was an all time great for sure.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Buddy was great too....just ask him. Another A-hole. Had a chance to meet him a couple of times and his egotism never disappointed.
Forever he was praised as the best ever....as if there is such a thing. He was an all time great for sure.

I believe this maybe the rule more so than the exception. During 90s because of my work at that time and the area I was in I got to meet a wide variety of entertainers and hear first person accounts of others. Mostly what would be considered country royalty but some others as well. And the majority were A number one pricks.

RAMBUSH

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Indeed another great drummer, I like the drummer for Dave Mathews band as well.

fearsomefour

Legend
I believe this maybe the rule more so than the exception. During 90s because of my work at that time and the area I was in I got to meet a wide variety of entertainers and hear first person accounts of others. Mostly what would be considered country royalty but some others as well. And the majority were A number one pricks.
Related to my work (music) at the time. Quite a few jerks and a couple that were more than just humble and normal, but, exceptionally nice and considerate people.
The coolest dude was (has since passed) a metal singer. Just not friendly but amazingly considerate and cool. I truly was in a grunt role working some preproduction show stuff. It was a hot day in San Diego and I mentioned I hadn't eaten yet. He took the time to go grab me some food and a soda. Chilled and talked music and football (I was wearing Rams sweats and he was a big sports guy, lived in LA and followed the Rams among other teams) for a good bit. This guy had legendary status in that scene, no reason for him to kick back and shoot the b.s. with a kid running cables at a show.
Another was a drummer that I ended up taking some lessons with for awhile. 30 years later he still remembers and usually can get into shows or backstage, cool dude. Heading to Denver in two days for a show as a matter of fact.