Between WR and TE, who is back next year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
For me, the only guys I would want back is Austin, Kendricks and Harkey. I say they do a rehaul of the wide receivers and tight ends much like they did this year with the offensive line. I think the line will get better as the young guys get more experience in the NFL and in this system. Britt, Bailey, Cook, Quick can go for all I'm concerned. I know Foles has his issues but I think it's clear that the skill positions need upgraded. My #1 target is Jeffrey. He can instantly make this offense much more potent. Him with Gurley and Austin would be a good start. Thoughts?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Britt, Austin, Kendricks, Harkey and maybe Quick to see if he can return to form from his injury. That and I put some serious consideration into finding another QB to compete with Foles.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Harkey, Austin, and Marquez for special teams. I'd love to trade Kendricks because there's a solid free agent tight end class this year (Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Ladarius Green, etc.) Buy a free agent tight end. Draft two wide receivers in the first three rounds.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I say they do a rehaul of the wide receivers and tight ends much like they did this year with the offensive line.
It's not the receivers....there were plays to be made, the ball wasn't always delivered....yeah, we should continue to upgrade...a TE here, a new stud wr there...but the main focus in the draft should be QB...a serious QB.

Irish

Starter
WR- Austin

TE- Harkey

Everyone else can go be Greg Salas and Austin Pettis.

Big Willie

Starter
i will go the other way. I would not bring back Cook (at that huge cap number) or Quick (I am ready to move on). I would draft a first round WR to replace Quick and a third or fourth round WR to compete for Bailey's spot. I am good with what the Rams have to replace Cook.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
OK, good talking point @Zombie Slayer - nice one.

On the WRs
I'm keeping Austin, Bailey (on a 3 strikes and you're out contract) and Marquez (he offers so much on ST)

On the TEs
I'm just keeping Kendricks and Harkey, I may even turn Kendricks into out #1 TE

I don't want a "project" to be drafted (Quick) I want a starter from day 1

Memphis Ram

Legend
Kenny Britt for his leadership
Tavon Austin for his playmaking ability
Brian Quick because he'll be a cheap re-sign and has talent
Bradley Marquez for his special teams skills and potential

TE
Lance Kendricks because of the contract they overpaid him

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Austin and Marquez are my only locks at WR. Marquez, like Memphis mentioned, for his ST play. Britt has been a decent deep threat when I look at his limited opportunities. Quick and Bailey can go. Bailey loves the ganja and Quick ain't too quick to read a playbook. You need smart guys playing WR outside. There are so many reads, options, audibles that must be recognized in seconds. I just never see Quick playing like he knows the game if that makes sense. He also doesn't play physical as a WR IMO. His physicality only comes out as a blocker.

Michael Crabtree looks good to me. I'm sure Oakland will look to reup as long as he's healthy though. I also think Michael Floyd is on the last year of his rookie deal unless they pick up his 5th year option. I'd look at him as well. With Gurley and Austin to build around 800-1000 yard guy out wide would unlock the whole offense. Without FA help I really like Tyler Boyd out of PItt. He's a JR though.

Kendricks and Harkey would be be back. I'd look for a Heath Miller type in the Draft who could be a great safety valve and a solid consistent run blocker. Give Cook the boot and give him some stickum as a parting gift. Cunningham has a chance to be the 4th TE, but bring in competition in camp.

I see we signed Welker today. We'll see if he has any gas in the tank, but I'm intrigued with the focus being on Austin and Gurley. Should help gauge if Foles can be average or a bum.