Better Call Saul

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Darn. I watched one episode, thought it was boring and cancelled the 'record series' option.

What is better call Saul a prequel to?

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
This is becoming one of the shows my wife and I look forward to watching the most. We DVR shows and watch them a couple of days later to avoid the commercials, plus my wife is usually not home on Monday nights anyway. On Tuesday or Wednesday we usually have a group of shows to choose from on the DVR and our first choice is always Better Call Saul. Loved Breaking Bad, it is one of my all-time favorite shows.

I think it would be great if Walt or some of the other BB characters like Hank, Jessie, or Skyler could have cameo appearances in some of the episodes. They would not even need to interact with Saul, they could should flash through a scene like a background extra.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Darn. I watched one episode, thought it was boring and cancelled the 'record series' option.

What is better call Saul a prequel to?

Yeah, it's best to understand why Jimmy becomes Saul the attorney to criminals. Without knowing his story on Breaking Bad it's understandable why the show might be boring to some.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This weeks episode was classic, the writers really make Jimmy a sympathetic character and at the same time you know he's his own worst enemy. So you end up being conflicted about him, and that conflict hooks you. Like the way his bro. betrays him, a definite low blow , but Jim's track record sort of justifies it ,and the way Hamblin takes the fall for being the "bad guy" flips your attitude about him.
Mike IMO could be a central character in his own series.
Great lines well written ,I'm hooked ,some of the best characters I've seen since Al Swargen.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, it's best to understand why Jimmy becomes Saul the attorney to criminals. Without knowing his story on Breaking Bad it's understandable why the show might be boring to some.

From an outsiders view the main character was almost a weird comedic caricature. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh at how pathetic he was or feel bad for the guy. It was a strange vibe that kind of turned me off. It really wasn't very interesting. It reminded me of watching' Barton Fink'.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
From an outsiders view the main character was almost a weird comedic caricature. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh at how pathetic he was or feel bad for the guy. It was a strange vibe that kind of turned me off. It really wasn't very interesting. It reminded me of watching' Barton Fink'.

Slippin' Jimmy aka Saul Goodman(It's all good man) is a fascinating character. He fights his evil side with all his might but eventually succumbs to it in Breaking Bad. Walter White, the main character in Breaking Bad, on the other hand, totally embraces the dark side and relishes who he's become - a badass with power.

In the last episode of Better Call Saul, we see Jimmy betrayed by his brother which pushes him over the edge and better explains who he becomes. This is why that was such a fascinating episode.

Both Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad are psychological studies on how when the s***storms of life rain down on a man it will reveal what kind of man he is, and how one bad decision can lead to another and another and so on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"You're still Slippin Jimmy!!!"
And the ultimate kick in the balls, "I was proud of you, when you had the job in the mail room...."

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
"You're still Slippin Jimmy!!!"
And the ultimate kick in the balls, "I was proud of you, when you had the job in the mail room...."
"Slippin Jimmy with a law degree is like a chimp with a machine gun." -- what a nut-punch from your idol/big brother. Even sadder that Jimmy is headed exactly where Chuck feared he would.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Agree totally but not enough Mike. He should have a spinoff of his own. I can tell from the ending of that episode that he's headed completely to the dark side in order to provide for his granddaughter and daughter-in-law. Of course we saw the result of that in Breaking Bad. Still hoping for an appearance by Gus at some point.

Great show! Gus is one of many great characters to possibly 'introduce' in the 2nd season. I'm hoping Slippin' Jimmy crosses paths with the ultimate "wannabe": Jesse Pinkman.
images

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Just got caught up yesterday. So happy with this show! I gotta admit I doubted it at first but I am happily wrong.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The last episode of S1 was pretty anti-climactic. I was disappointed. Still a good episode, but it was the last one of the season. It should have given something to look forward to next season.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great Episode, once again Mike was most memorable for me,split a gut when the badass wannabee called him Uncle Fester

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The last episode of S1 was pretty anti-climactic. I was disappointed. Still a good episode, but it was the last one of the season. It should have given something to look forward to next season.

Agreed. It was the worst episode of the season, imo. But compared to most other shows that's still be pretty good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't find the final episode to be bad, in fact I thought as far as episodes go it was pretty darned good.
The issue for me was that it just seemed like another episode and not a season finale.
As an episode, I give it an A
As a season finale, it gets a D
And of course coming off the season Finale of Walking Dead (which was one of the best season finale ever) the bar was probably set a little too high for me...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I liked the episode, but it seemed more like the episode leading up to the finale rather than the finale itself.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I do think it wasn't as good as most of the breaking bad finales. But BCS is different. I thought it was a perfect transition into the next season because it's probably when he finally becomes Saul Goodman. So I think the 1st episode of season 2 will be more of a season 1 finale. But opening more doors for the future of the show.
:bueller: