Best Value Fas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
So I'm just wondering what FAs are out there that project good value...and what I mean by that are the guys that aren't going to get the big time contracts but will end up being starters/key contributors.

It seems the best teams in the league will rarely make that huge splash signing but will bring in players that kind lack the sparkle and shine but end up being really good players.

Guys like Glover Quin, John Abraham, Rashard Jennings, Anthony Fasano, Daryl Smith, Brent Grimes...etc. from last offseason.

What say ye?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan

Legend
It's really hard to speculate about this stuff when you don't know how much CAP room we'll have to play with. I'm waiting for more info. Same thing with the draft until after the Senior and East West bowl games.

As much as I love this stuff, it's way too early for me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few guys I'd look into?
1. Chris Clemons FS
2. Tarell Brown CB
3. Anquan Boldin WR
4. Geoff Schwartz OG/OT
5. Daryl Smith LB

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's really hard to speculate about this stuff when you don't know how much CAP room we'll have to play with. I'm waiting for more info. Same thing with the draft until after the Senior and East West bowl games.

As much as I love this stuff, it's way too early for me.

I'm just asking what guys do you see that you like. Cap hit isn't really part of the equation here and I'm talking about the guys that aren't going to command the big money. The Rams aren't going to NOT sign anyone so what I'm getting at is which guys appeal to you rather than those who you predict the Rams sign.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
A few guys I'd look into?
1. Chris Clemens FS
2. Tarell Brown CB
3. Anquan Boldin WR
4. Geoff Schwartz OG/OT
5. Daryl Smith LB
I could definitely get onboard with a few of those. I'm intrigued with Schwartz and Clemens. Seem like total Fisher/Snead signings.

Alan

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU refining his question:
I'm just asking what guys do you see that you like. Cap hit isn't really part of the equation here and I'm talking about the guys that aren't going to command the big money. The Rams aren't going to NOT sign anyone so what I'm getting at is which guys appeal to you rather than those who you predict the Rams sign.
I'm a little dense this morning.

I've been lobbying for Byrd but I'd settle for Clemons at FS. I'm not really excited about spending any of our CAP on big name players at other positions. Small depth pickups on the O-line would be good.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm a little dense this morning.

I've been lobbying for Byrd but I'd settle for Clemens at FS. I'm not really excited about spending any of our CAP on big name players at other positions. Small depth pickups on the O-line would be good.

Suuuuuurrreee....:cray:

Alan

Legend
No it's true, usually I'm airheaded in the morning. :wink:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'd have no problem with these so called "bargain" FAs. In fact, I prefer it. Although I don't want older vets, guys around 26-30 years old would be good.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'd go for Boldin too if the refs are going to let him continue to be a push of machine but my guess is the second he puts on horns the whistles start blowing. Then what you have is an old and really slow WR who can't actually get open without cheating.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I wouldn't go for any of this year's free agency crop. Byrd is the best of them but he'll cost a pretty penny and I'd rather save the money for signing this year's draft class and securing our promising young players on long-term contracts.