Best teams in football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
GMFB was asking who are the best teams in football and they come up with the Rams and the Chiefs. So who’s the top team? Consensus was the Chiefs, they were all concerned about Talib and Peters and impressed with the Chiefs offense.
Of course there was no mention of the fact that they scored only 3 pts in the 2nd half while giving up 21, and if it wasn’t for a questionable offensive pi it would’ve been a 1 score game late in the 2nd half. I think this is picking the shiny new object that catches your eye, the Chiefs are near last in yards and points allowed, and aren’t we forgetting when the Chiefs were the best team in football last year? Then they stunk 2nd half of the season. This is how the Chiefs are going to play unlike the Rams who might have another defensive gem when they get everyone back.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Rams point differential 102-36=66
Chiefs point differential 118-92=26

Enough said.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I thought they split, 2 and 2. Interestingly enough the two guys who were our preseason commentary team picked the Chiefs.

Really, they always gotta have a split so they talk about both teams, and the two guys who picked the Chiefs did strongly hedge their bets by saying that's if a game were played today with Peters and Talib out. Those two playing and they think the Rams, and they also think the Rams win in a neutral site, so it wasn't that bad.

Chiefs are high flying right now, but they will probably come down to Earth some in a few weeks, Reid usually does.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought they split, 2 and 2. Interestingly enough the two guys who were our preseason commentary team picked the Chiefs.

Really, they always gotta have a split so they talk about both teams, and the two guys who picked the Chiefs did strongly hedge their bets by saying that's if a game were played today with Peters and Talib out. Those two playing and they think the Rams, and they also think the Rams win in a neutral site, so it wasn't that bad.

Chiefs are high flying right now, but they will probably come down to Earth some in a few weeks, Reid usually does.
It was 50/50. Kaye Adams and Kyle Brandt thought the Rams were the best. Schraeger and Nate Burleson went a whoring after the Chefs....

JYB

Starter
Rams point differential 102-36=66
Chiefs point differential 118-92=26

Enough said.

Well, both the Rams and the Chiefs have played the Chargers. Chiefs beat the Chargers 38-28 in LA. Rams won at home 35-23. And the Chiefs also won at the Steelers.

So, it's not an outlandish position to say the Chiefs have the edge. Of course, the Chiefs don't have the Rams' defense, and that is really what sets the Rams apart.

Last edited:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'd walk over broken glass just to sniff Kaye Adams hair.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see where a case could be made for both teams..Of course Rams fans will pick the Rams and the Chef fans will do the same with their team...Can't make the case though that the Chefs D is as bad as the Chargers...I didn't realize until I checked the stats, how really pitiful the Charges D has been to this point...They rank in the bottom 3 or 4 teams in almost all D categories if I remember right (and I might not)...Don't know about the Chefs, but they have to be better than the 'Bolts I would think...From what little I've seen of them, their O looks just as scary as the Rams...
But 1/3 of what makes their stats look bad, was the Rams enforcing their will. The Chefs have no defense. Case closed.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Chefs are dead last in the NFL is yards surrendered and close to last in points against. Their offense is 4th in the AFC is yard gained. If we have Zuerlein back we will have the best special teams in the NFL and we are right up there in points scored with our offense.

All this is moot anyway because we play the Chefs later in the season. Hopefully by then, defenses will have a plan to stop them and Andy Reid's teams seem to start out hot and then fizzle out.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
There were predictions that these two teams would face each other in the Superbowl this year. Originally I thought it was crazy that Mahomes would be able to take their team to the playoffs his first season as a starter, but he looks like the real deal for sure. I actually would love to see if we could stop these guys and show them what our offense can do.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
No favoritism but our team has been the best so far . Playing well in all 3 parts of the game.

Chiefs offense has been awesome but they might have the worst defense in the leauge. Not impressed with the packers defense either , and Rodgers wont last all season.

Saints, Vikings, eagles , falcons , panthers are still good teams with time to improve . Bucs have added talent and can be suprising.

Patriots and Steelers are on the way to a rebuild . AfC will be competitive all year, most teams have similar talent .

NFC is scary!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I don't want to be the top attention getter this early....keep denying us. It is better for the players and in time sweeter for the fan.

Flint

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was 50/50. Kaye Adams and Kyle Brandt thought the Rams were the best. Schraeger and Nate Burleson went a whoring after the Chefs....

My bad, I thought it was 3-1 Chiefs

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Well, both the Rams and the Chiefs have played the Chargers. Chiefs beat the Chargers 38-28 in LA. Rams won at home 35-23. And the Chiefs also won at the Steelers.

So, it's not an outlandish position to say the Chiefs have the edge. Of course, the Chiefs don't have the Rams' defense, and that is really what sets the Rams apart.
The Rams Chargers have was also played in LA. They didn't have to travel. They didn't have to go without their whole fanbase. For the chargers and the Rams, the Colosseum is as close to a neutral site as it gets in the NFL besides the super bowl.