Best Rams RB Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Steven Jackson. When you look at everything he did under arguably the least talented team in the NFL, you really have to wonder what he would have done had he had an actual offensive line or an offensive line that didn't play scrubs like Alex Barron at left tackle. This is a guy who did everything for the team, left it all out on the field, and never complained. While Faulk and Dickerson are both amazing backs who deserve their HOF statues, you really have to wonder what Jackson would've done behind Jackie Slater or Orlando Pace. Hell, the only time he had a decent offensive line was 2006, where he nearly broke the 2,500 mark for all-purpose yards and had ninety catches.
Beautiful post!
I voted SJ39 and all the sour pusses hate him because he was the only legit weapon or player on the worst teams in NFL history. Hmmmmm.. What would of happened if he wasn't on those crap teams? And it shouldn't be crap as the site nerfs the word shyte...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Hands down I had to go with Steven Jackson. If he beat out Dickerson and Faulk in rushing yards for franchise with no extra support especially from 2006 on I'm going with him. He's only reason we don't have a 0-16 season because he willed us to win versus the Lions.

Dickerson for me.

Given that Jackson had about twice the amount of time to do it (over E.D.) no wonder that he passed him.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Dickerson for me.

Given that Jackson had about twice the amount of time to do it (over E.D.) no wonder that he passed him.
I'm surprised it didn't take S.J. 3 or 4 times the time period as E.D. considering the piss poor teams S.J. played on.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If Charles white and Greg Bell could put up 4+ yards per carry then I think Faulk could have gotten 1,800 yards if he'd been given the ball 400 times. Especially behind that o-line.
Maybe Faulk wouldn't have made it in a 'power' rusing attack over 16 games. Most of his runs that were successful seemed to be when 5-6 DB's were in. Love Faulk, just don't think he could take the hits....

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Dickerson in '84

Game by game rushing totals

DAL
21 rush 138 yrds 6.6/carry
CLE
27 rush 102 yrds 3.8/carry
PIT
23 rush 49 yrds 2.9/carry
CIN
22 rush 89 yrds 4.0/carry
NYG
22 rush 120 yrds 5.5/carry
ATL
19 rush 107 yrds 5.6/carry
NO
20 rush 175 yrds 8.8/carry
ATL
24 rush 145 yrds 6.0/carry
SF
13 rush 38 yrds 2.9/carry
STL
21 rush 208 yrds 9.9/carry
CHI
28 rush 149 yrds 5.3/carry
GB
25 rush 132 yrds 5.6/carry
TB
28 rush 191 yrds 6.8/carry
NO
33 rush 149 yrds 4.5/carry
HOU
27 rush 215 yrds 8.0/carry
SF
26 rush 98 yrds 3.8/carry
-----------------------------------------
379 carries 2,105 yards avg 5.6 yards/carry
14 TD's
21 receptions 139 yards 6.6 yards/rec
0 TD's
16 games(avg 23.7 carries/game)
Thanks for the game by game...interesting that he did great against a great Bears D that was right before the 85 season.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It has to be Faulk for me, hands down.

He had vision, speed, could change directions on a dime, had the hands of a receiver, he could shake some tackles and run through others. That guy just had all the tools at his disposal, and he was by far the most fun for me to watch ever.

Not taking anything away from Jackson or Dickerson and what they did though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People seem to forget how bad Indianapolis was before Manning got there. But they managed to win 8+ games because of a unreal RB talent #28

69superbowl

Rookie
Not just to be different, but I always liked Lawrence McCutcheon the best. I know the question is "best" but I can't really compare the eras equally. Numbers - Dickerson or Marshall. Effort - Jackson. Favorite - McCutcheon (and it's not really close, for me).