Best Pocket Passer in College Football...Johnny Football!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I don't believe Manzeil will last as an NFL starter and it would take the next guy that long to develop. It's my opinion just like everyone else posting here.

Any more sucking for this franchise and it will be another lost decade for fans. The way out of suckiness for the Rams is with Bradford, a rebuilt O line and a dominant defense.

I totally agree with your points (although Johnny could be great, who knows?).

I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, just curious what your thought process was.

MrMotes

Starter
I wouldn't want Manzeil either, and i have a hard time thinking the Rams are serious about this.

Then again i didin't think Chuck Knox would replace Jim Everett with TJ Rubley, so who knows...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While it's a team sport, it's not hard to notice that Collins and Chandler had one winning season and one .500 season between them. Meanwhile, Fisher had five 10+ win seasons & four .500 seasons with the guys who can make plays with their feet.

I wouldn't say that's a shocker. Steve McNair was a franchise QB that won a MVP award compared to Collins and Chandler. Vince Young led the Titans to one 10 win season(Collins led the team to 13 wins the next year) and a couple 8-8 seasons with a pretty solid squad.

RmsLegends

Rookie
Considering Fisher's past, now even I think Manziel might be a possibility. His whole career had been either McNair or Young starting at QB each year. Maybe he wants to get back to that?

Yea there is no denial that he does seem to like a QB who is mobile as both first round picks he has ever made on a QB was for mobile QB's. However he does have a loyalty to his QB that when ya might say why, he still sticks with him. Such as the case of Young when he was a headcase and it was well known he was lazy and would not put in extra effort to learn his craft. Up until the last moment he had even alluded Young could be back behind center depending on how bad his injury was until ole' Bud just came right out and said no way in hell. An heck in my opinion he did ride the Young train right on out of Tennessee, so in my honest opinion I think he is leaning with staying with Bradford, but I think the ground could be narrowing as we grow closer to the draft and I somehow feel that when the actual number 2 pick comes upon us the full weight of his decision will hit him and then it could really go either way. Unless of course the decision has already been made for him by the front office.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I recall, Legends, Vince Young wasn't his choice. It was the late Bud Adams's call which was a big reason why Fisher and Young had such a rocky relationship. You had a QB that Fisher didn't want to draft that had issues with mental toughness and a bad attitude. Doesn't make for a good marriage.

RmsLegends

Rookie
From what I recall, Legends, Vince Young wasn't his choice. It was the late Bud Adams's call which was a big reason why Fisher and Young had such a rocky relationship. You had a QB that Fisher didn't want to draft that had issues with mental toughness and a bad attitude. Doesn't make for a good marriage.

I just went and read some stuff so I would have to say Young was definitely not who he wanted. So I stand corrected there without a doubt. Thanks bro :) However I still do feel like if he has his way he does like a mobile QB as since his tendency is to run first and play tough D. I think in a way a mobile QB can be seen as a additional RB ya can have when the play breaks down and he can run when the D is in the worst possible position to defend against it. However I do feel he is loyal to his QB as well and he at least in public has shown support to Sam, but I think when the number 2 pick hits the weight of his decision will be felt and so could make the pick go either way. If of course he has the say to do so.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Fishers problem with Young only started with Bud Adams foisting him, if Young had acted like a franchise QB instead of like Mike Irvin, he could have won Fisher over ,but he didn't try, an even worse deal than RG v Shanny

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I totally agree with your points (although Johnny could be great, who knows?).

I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, just curious what your thought process was.
No worries, I didn't take it like that :)

I've been a fan since Merlin was a young man so I am ready to see a perennial winner