Best player in team history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I agree 100%! Or how about the camera man that films the other teams practices?
I don't know. I still feel that that whole thing was a red herring to distract people away from the signal taping. Matt Walsh never did anything to make me feel he had zero credibility and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was paid by the Patriots all along.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I don't know. I still feel that that whole thing was a red herring to distract people away from the signal taping. Matt Walsh never did anything to make me feel he had zero credibility and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was paid by the Patriots all along.

Either way, when we scored points in that "super"bowl, we had to draw up the plays on the sidelines. New plays, that they had never seen before. They probably had our playbook too.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
And the quote makes me realize I mistyped. I meant to say "Matt Walsh never did anything to make me feel he had credibility." Argh.

And yeah, the fix was in on that game in multiple ways. Travesty.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
And yeah, the fix was in on that game in multiple ways. Travesty.

There was no way we were going to win the homeland security bowl. The entire crowd got red white and blue glow sticks for fucks sake. And we were the evil horned demon rams.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Deion Sanders was the greatest CB of all time. I understand that he might not win the spot with the 49ers over Jerry Rice but there is no way he shouldn't win the Cowboys spot over a DT... Ridiculous that he isn't mentioned.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
There was no way we were going to win the homeland security bowl. The entire crowd got red white and blue glow sticks for fucks sake. And we were the evil horned demon rams.
Seriously. I was actually pretty pissed, and wondering if I missed some announcement that the Rams were the official team of Al Qaeda or something.

moklerman

Warner-phile
He was I did not see many games, but I've watched some old games on rewind and having an opportunity to converse with many people over the years Unitas was as good as it got from the stand point of a pure pocket passer.

Plus there was quite a love affair with the Colts in Baltimore during his time and that is the reason that John Shaw wanted the Rams to move to Baltimore initially because he felt the passion of the fan base was better than in California, however, the deal to move the franchise was more lucrative to the Gateway City so thus they became the St. Louis Rams.
I don't think that's quite right. The Rams were ready to move to Baltimore but the owner of the Orioles came in and soured the deal. That's when they went with St. Louis, who were desperate by then after losing their expansion team and I believe, having already started construction on the dome.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I don't think that's quite right. The Rams were ready to move to Baltimore but the owner of the Orioles came in and soured the deal. That's when they went with St. Louis, who were desperate by then after losing their expansion team and I believe, having already started construction on the dome.
You're right about the construction on the dome. It's a multipurpose facility but they thought they had a team locked up!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, and at the end of the half time show Bono revealed the red, white, and blue Patriots theme on the inside of his jacket. It was almost like the stars were aligned for the Patriots to win that game.

I still have that memory of screaming at the TV every time Marshall Faulk was held, pushed to the ground, and even sat on at times while the refs did nothing. :mad:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, and at the end of the half time show Bono revealed the red, white, and blue Patriots theme on the inside of his jacket. It was almost like the stars were aligned for the Patriots to win that game.

I still have that memory of screaming at the TV every time Marshall Faulk was held, pushed to the ground, and even sat on at times while the refs did nothing. :mad:

I think they convinced the refs that they thought he had the ball the way they were on him.......the replays made it obvious but even the announcers were not mentioning how blatant it was. The first time or two I was thinking "wait.....that's a penalty how did they miss that?!?!" then it became obvious they were going to just let it go and then I was pissed.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think they convinced the refs that they thought he had the ball the way they were on him.......the replays made it obvious but even the announcers were not mentioning how blatant it was. The first time or two I was thinking "wait.....that's a penalty how did they miss that?!?!" then it became obvious they were going to just let it go and then I was pissed.

We know that the refs are most likely to let the players get away with more stuff during the Super Bowl and the playoffs than in regular season games, at least it seems that way to me, but that was over-the-top.

And if anyone believes some of us do too much whining about a game that was played so long ago, they need to consider the ramifications of that game. It led to the deep, dark descent of the Rams franchise and the rise of the Patriots. Had that game been called fairly by the refs, the fortunes of both teams may have been reversed.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It's just a joke. Ernie Adams is not a player. But he was greatly responsible for much of the Patriots success over the last decade+
All one needs to know about Adams is that "He was raised in the elite prep schools of Massachusetts: Dexter School in Brookline and Phillips Academy in Andover"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/football-researcher-ernie-adams-biggest-190100700--nfl.html

For those paying attention, that should say it all about how the Patriots "work."

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

What great insight into the workings of our world, but alas, our eyes are wide shut.

By hook or by crook the Patriots were going to win that game.