Best NFL Throwback Uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d ... p#photo=14

No. 1 Los Angeles Rams (home)

09000d5d8201f90a_gallery_600.jpg

Probably the best uniform in NFL history. What's cool about the Rams' classic look is that the only white on the jersey is on the nameplate. However, the current St. Louis version of the team should not revert to these uniforms. Instead, if the Rams ever moved back to Los Angeles, what a fitting way to welcome the team back than to bring back this classic look?

(tied for first)

No. 1 Los Angeles Rams (road)

09000d5d8201f90f_gallery_600.jpg

You know what makes this uniform great? The yellow sleeves. I was almost willing to go with the Fearsome Foursome era blue and white, but the yellow makes it. Plus, as Dave Dameshek is quick to point out, the gray facemask is much more superior to the blue helmet. The team did go to the blue facemask during the Eric Dickerson era, but that never quite looked right.

(the strike-through isn't anything other than me sick of hearing about that)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I wouldn't be opposed to a change back to the yellow and blue, but only if the blue was this dark. Somewhere in the nineties the blue became more powder blue, and you can see that in the current throwbacks.

IMO, the lighter blue just doesn't work as well as the dark blue in the above pics.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I hate the all blue,the gold as well, but I am 6 weeks into a 4s Iphone and still have downloaded ONE app.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm seriously willing to bet that Rank post on Ram stalk.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:
I'm seriously willing to bet that Rank post on Ram stalk.
huh?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Adam Rank. He can't write a single fuckin article without mentioning the Rams moving back to LA, or that they belong in LA.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Username said:
Adam Rank. He can't write a single fuckin article without mentioning the Rams moving back to LA, or that they belong in LA.

Exactly my thoughts. Look, I don't mind if people want them to go back to Los Angeles. I really don't, and I can understand why they feel that way. But Rank has some sort of obsessive-compulsive desire to throw in a classless insult at St. Louis every time he writes an article about the Rams. We went through the exact same fucking thing when we had the Cardinals, but you'll never see him writing a scathing article toward Arizona.

He definitely reminds me of some posters who tried to stir up shit on the Post Dispatch.