Best Move Every NFL Team Made This Offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840836-the-best-move-every-nfl-team-made-this-offseason#slide0

The Best Move Every NFL Team Made This Offseason

Maurice Moton

Los Angeles Rams: Drafting RB Darrell Henderson

1. 9550af7fd0a57ddcea52ea778ee32cd0_crop_exact.jpg

Rams running back Todd Gurley talked about his knee issue during a media press conference following a mandatory minicamp session. "I had bigger problems to worry about coming out of college," he said. "This is small."

As a junior at Georgia, Gurley tore his ACL before going into the 2015 draft. He missed three games during his rookie term. Even though the 24-year-old doesn't seem worried about a knee ailment that limited his workload at the end of the last campaign, the Rams brought in reinforcements at running back.

General manager Les Snead matched an offer from the Lions for tailback Malcolm Brown and selected running back Darrell Henderson in the third round of this year's draft. The rookie racked up 4,303 yards from scrimmage and 44 total touchdowns at Memphis.

Henderson didn't garner comparable buzz to Gurley coming out of college, but he's also a dual threat out of the backfield with high upside. The 5'8", 208-pound running back can absorb and run through contact for huge gains.

We won't know what to expect from Gurley until he takes the field for Week 1, but the Rams have a solid backup in case their workhorse sees a significant reduction in touches. As an early-round draft pick, Henderson could push for a major role in the upcoming season, maintaining the team's offensive balance.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I’m certainly a big fan of the Henderson pick, but I think it’s just one of many other beauties.

Weddle
Matthews
Rapp
Long
Gaines

All 5 of those have potential to be very big impacts this season, as well.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It could be said that every move the Rams made this off season has been brilliant. Some were tough decisions like Saffold and even Joyner and Barron but they were the best decisions for the future of the franchise. Snead has done a good job of bringing talent to the roster since day 1, but now the staff has a better focus of what they are looking for in a player and the coaching to make it all come together.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Every move looks good in the summer. Every teams loves their draft picks. every team likes their chances to win their division and/or make the playoffs.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm extremely excited about Henderson.

I've mentioned this before... but I watched this cat play against UCF for his entire college career. He can single handedly take over a game from start to finish. He is a fucking beast. I'm so happy that WE aren't the team that is going to be trying to stop him anymore.

oldnotdead

Legend
When you have a talent loaded roster like the Rams, there is no longer a need to make splash signings. Those last year were necessary gap signings. Now it's about developing the young guys and moving them up when they are ready. In limited snaps last year Allen and Noteboom showed they can play at this level. Their draft this year filled out most of the remaining roster. Also I have a feeling that one of the more significant signings this year was Bortles. For the first time in years I feel comfortable about the QB depth. Blake is probably one of the better QB backups in the league.

I love the approach the Rams FO has. They sign key FA while drafting for the future. This allows them to remain competitive while they build. I'm excited as anyone to see them this year and think this year's draft class is outstanding.

Henderson IMO isn't a replacement for Gurley, he's an expansion of the offense. He brings a new dimension to the game. They have power and speed in Gurley, a grinder in Brown and now they have a slasher with speed. There are no holes in this run game. They have all aspects covered, especially when all can contribute in the pass attack.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The improvement in moving away from Joyner and adding Weddle was pretty damn big. Weddle isn't in his prime any more, but consistency from the position, intelligence at the position, and instincts at the position have all greatly increased.

But Matthews was a big addition for us too. In this scheme he is going to be put into position to succeed. I think he'll put up 8-10 sacks and make a number of game-changing plays for us and look like the guy he was a few years ago. For this season at least.

Both of these guys are going to make the others around them better too. Can't wait to see this defense week one.