Best Interim HC in the Modern Era for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You aren't going to give up ... are you?
"Many of life's failures are people who didn't realize how close they were to success when they gave up" ~ Thomas A. Edison

Tano

Legend
"Many of life's failures are people who didn't realize how close they were to success when they gave up" ~ Thomas A. Edison
I remember why I would never do it with her. She had her first husband murdered by the mafia.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember why I would never do it with her. She had her first husband murdered by the mafia.
He just ate too soon before going swimming....

Tano

Legend
He just ate too soon before going swimming....
th

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Do you remember why they fired Allen that year? Was it non-football related?
Allen was fired after two preseason games, which they lost both games. Plus there were players upset with the long practices including top CB Monte Jackson. Malavasi was the only holdover from Knox's staff, but was interviewed for the Head Coaching gig. When CR announced his was firing Allen because Allen could not work within the framework of the organization.

"It is my feeling that I have made a serious error in judgment in believing George Allen could work within our framework," Rosenbloom said in a prepared statement. "It has been extremely difficult for him to adjust to a new situation."

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Allen was fired after two preseason games, which they lost both games. Plus there were players upset with the long practices including top CB Monte Jackson. Malavasi was the only holdover from Knox's staff, but was interviewed for the Head Coaching gig. When CR announced his was firing Allen because Allen could not work within the framework of the organization.

"It is my feeling that I have made a serious error in judgment in believing George Allen could work within our framework," Rosenbloom said in a prepared statement. "It has been extremely difficult for him to adjust to a new situation."

Back when preseason was more important, I guess... I wonder if Allen leads a team that went 12-4 under Malavasi to the Super Bowl?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Back when preseason was more important, I guess... I wonder if Allen leads a team that went 12-4 under Malavasi to the Super Bowl?
Here is what I never understood, they hired George Allen because they felt he could get the Rams to a Super Bowl, but his post season record was worse then Chuck Knox. Overall, it was a bad fit and history tells us it's never good when you bring a previous Head Coach back to the same organization. Allen, Knox, Joe Gibbs, Marion Campbell etc.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here is what I never understood, they hired George Allen because they felt he could get the Rams to a Super Bowl, but his post season record was worse then Chuck Knox. Overall, it was a bad fit and history tells us it's never good when you bring a previous Head Coach back to the same organization. Allen, Knox, Joe Gibbs, Marion Campbell etc.
And it's a mixed history with assistant coaches brought back to become HC, like Vermeil and Fisher.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Vermeil was a terrible coach until Martz showed up. As a head coach Martz was in over his head but the players had meetings about a mutiny on Vermeil.
Super long practices, ZERO offensive imagination.
What I remember most about him was goal line jumbo formations , extra tight ends, everyone packed together and slamming it straight ahead into a pile of bodies.
Martz shows up, its a wide spread out formation at the goal line with room to navigate because they have to defend the pass and TOUCHDOWN !!
Vermeil was crap without Martz. Took his offense to KC along with Martz,s original choice for his GSOT quarterback. And that is what made him.