Best guess: Predict how Davis will perform vs. Whiners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams2050

Starter
I'm thinking his QB rating drops a tad, down to 96.3 or so, but he makes several good plays with his feet, he cleans up the fumbles, perhaps is intercepted once (but no 'pick 6'), and seals the deal by spreading the largesse out to a minimum of 10 receivers. The run game is just good enough so that the Whiners have to respect play action, and Benny, Trey and Zack all catch passes.

I'm predicting a narrow win for the Rams. Of course, I'd do back flips if they were to win by a large margin, but I think if Davis can pull off a win in the Dome in front of the GSOT veterans then THAT would be Fantastic!

Score? 33-28

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I have no clue to be honest. Davies will do well., but he's going to have to flawless to get a W.
I've said before that I think the niners will edge this one. I stand by it.... Unless Davies is flawless

Oh and some sacks also

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The one area where we can attack these boys is the secondary....IF we can contain the pass rush...I see a bunch of blitzes for the kid. Hope he shines....I'm still expecting 300+ yards....maybe 4 TD's...Quick still owes me that breakout game....200+ 2-3 TD's

RamWoodie

Legend
Davis seems to have problems reading the blitz....and that's something that can only come with more playing experience. At the same time, that doesn't mean he won't do well against the Niners.

The next point has to be that the Niners will definitely try to confuse Davis with different looks, and that's where the rubber meets the road! Can Davis succeed and make good decisions when that happens? He did a nice job against Philly after he settled down...but his inexperience loomed large on that last play. He seemed to just put the ball up for grabs. Hopefully he knows better now.

V3

Hall of Fame
Davis seems to have problems reading the blitz....and that's something that can only come with more playing experience. At the same time, that doesn't mean he won't do well against the Niners.

The next point has to be that the Niners will definitely try to confuse Davis with different looks, and that's where the rubber meets the road! Can Davis succeed and make good decisions when that happens? He did a nice job against Philly after he settled down...but his inexperience loomed large on that last play. He seemed to just put the ball up for grabs. Hopefully he knows better now.
To be fair, those were some exotic looking blitzes in that Philly game that even left our O-line dumbfounded.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I think he will keep on rolling. As LAChamp mentioned, he won't exactly be facing shutdown corners. Also, so far the only guy up front for them getting consistent pressure is Smith IMO.

Just like every game other than Minney, (the offense was disgraceful), it will fall on the defense to play as advertised. If they do that, the Rams win. If they don't, they will loose.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm more worried about our Oline that seems to be made out of old paper mach'e. When they aren't completely confused by a blocking scheme they just get ran over like the white lines on the field.

DeaconJ

Rookie
If the questionable D steps up on both run and pass, Davis can get the O downfield and put up points.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
75/75, 12 TDs including one to himself like Trent Green did that time, 0 picks.

565 passing yards, 35 rushing yards.

But that's just a conservative guess.

RamsesIII

UDFA
I think he responds well to challenges... perhaps, thrives on them. So, he may very well break out against the 49ers. I have less confidence in Williams' defense. The Seattle game will be interesting for Davis. Mostly, I want to see how consistent he is after 4 - 5 games, and the high of being an NFL quarterback begins diminishing.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Dat whipper snapper ull put up pert near three hunerd n fiddy yards, three touchdowns and a datburn I N T............yeehaw

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
All depends on how well Wells and Joseph play. They will make, or break(literally) Davis. Long has some issues but not like those guys. Barks and Saf are fine. Davis will still have a good game even with lots of pressure constantly.

22/35 281 yards, 2 td's, 1 int, 3 sacks. 29 rushing yards, 1 rushing td.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The one area where we can attack these boys is the secondary....IF we can contain the pass rush...I see a bunch of blitzes for the kid. Hope he shines....I'm still expecting 300+ yards....maybe 4 TD's...Quick still owes me that breakout game....200+ 2-3 TD's
I'll try and get ahold of Quick for you, and tell him to "Pay-up" or else!!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Rams opened it up early against Philly. They should have pounded the rock.

In this particular game, I think they gotta open it up early. PA passes and hit on out routes 10-15 yards down the field. I wanna see Davis move around a bit, too. Get him out of the pocket. That will keep the Niners guessing.

If we can do that, Davis will once again explode for 325 yards, two TD's, one pick, one fumble, and a passer rating of 93.4.

Rams win 24-20

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IMO it ALL depends on if we can block Justin Smith,run and pass.

rams2050

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The OL has GOT to protect Davis. The kid might be an absolute gem, but it would be a shame to ruin him before we ever got to reap any of the rewards from actually finding him. Not saying he is a gem, not quite yet, but it's looking like he could very well be.