Best feeling of 22 years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PaRam24

UDFA
Ill preface this by saying I'm only 22 years old, so I haven't been around for too awfully long in the grand skeem of things. I remember the 99 Super Bowl win, but was only 7 at the time so I wasn't exactly sure why I was supposed to be so excited, just that I was haha. Anyway, through these 22 years, this is by far the most excited I've been to be a fan of this great team. I have seen some pretty bad football, as has the rest of us, and it's nice that our loyalty is finally getting rewarded, or at least it appears so. This season has been great so far, the rest will be a roller coaster leading into the offseason, and the excitement and anticipation over next season is already building.

A55VA6

Legend
Ill preface this by saying I'm only 22 years old, so I haven't been around for too awfully long in the grand skeem of things. I remember the 99 Super Bowl win, but was only 7 at the time so I wasn't exactly sure why I was supposed to be so excited, just that I was haha. Anyway, through these 22 years, this is by far the most excited I've been to be a fan of this great team. I have seen some pretty bad football, as has the rest of us, and it's nice that our loyalty is finally getting rewarded, or at least it appears so. This season has been great so far, the rest will be a roller coaster leading into the offseason, and the excitement and anticipation over next season is already building.
I agree man. I'm 23 and I remember some of the good years but this is the best I've felt about this team in my lifetime.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
It's high time to start forming new memories! We've been living off of the vapors of 99 for way way too long.

PaRam24

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was more of just an example to show my age and where I stand as far as history with the team, 99 is really the only positive I have of this team, other than the very recent past

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Dam I feel old.

In my day, to go to a football game, we'd walk through snow drifts 4 feet high, uphill and against the wind in BOTH directions. And that was on a good day. That was before they invented snow shoes or any of those newfangled heaters.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And don't forget the chores had to do chores first.
In my day, to go to a football game, we'd walk through snow drifts 4 feet high, uphill and against the wind in BOTH directions. And that was on a good day. That was before they invented snow shoes or any of those newfangled heaters.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm 22 as well and I feel ya man. This is a great year. The only time I've ever felt better was after the Torry Holt catch vs the Seahawks in 2006. After that it's been all downhill.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Im 29 and this is definitely the best I've felt about this team since the comeback win against the Seahawks in their house and the completion of a three game season sweep (y):whistle:

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I've been a fan of the Rams since 1978 and I can honestly say I've never been this excited over our defense.. The team as a whole will be good next year but they will never surpass the Gsot days obviously. But I do expect division title and if all goes well a trip to the Super Bowl vs the Cheaters and avenge that ( robbery ) I mean loss.

SierraRam

Recreational User
but was only 7 at the time

When I was 7, I watched the Jets beat the Colts in the Super Bowl in 1969. It was the first of many seasons where the Rams had one of the best teams in football only to fall a little short. We had the best D and run game all through the 70's, won the West 7 straight years, but were turned away from Super Bowl glory by the Vikings or Cowboys. Heartbreaking. In 1979, we finally rode a hot quarterback past the Cowboys and faced the mighty Steelers. We were up 19-17 in the 4th quarter and well... lost. We regrouped behind Eric Dickerson in the 80's and won a few playoff games, but were stopped again by the Redskins and Bears. Oh yeah, the niners were good by then too. The dream of the 90's ended before it began in an '89 playoff game against the 49ers when a very good Jim Everett fell down untouched. And so began a decade of despair until the miracle of 1999. Our Rams finally brought one home. One of the greatest days of my life. The rest you know about...

I've seen a lot of very good, not so good, and downright awful Ram Teams. I've also seen a few special Ram teams. I'm feeling good, too.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Now that you know the pain and heartbreak it is to be a Rams fan, you will be much better prepared to enjoy the great years to come.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is awesome. It'll make you appreciate and be humble in the good years. I will also make you empathize with other rebuilding teams.

I LOVE SUMMER and I already want it to end and it's not even here yet!

(she's NOT named summer)

Hot-chick_o_84089.jpg

PaRam24

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's neat to hear everyone else's stories and memories in relation to my own. We are in for some great years ahead of us, and a bounty of new memories to come Rams brothern

RamsFan14

Starter

PaRams24, I'm also 22 years old and I have to agree it's been a pretty fun season! Even if the record doesn't indicate that we are a playoff team, they've been fun to watch when they've played good. And the first game I can remember was the 99 Super Bowl, how bout that lol!