Best fast food restaurant...Chick-Fil-A?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
A Jersey Mikes recently opened near me. Is it worth a visit? (please tell me it's better than Jimmy John's, which is pretty friggin lame)
I may be in the minority here, but I think they're over rated and way overpriced.
The bread is actually great. It's more of a grinder roll than a bun. Which I do like.
The meat however, is tasteless processesed loaves.(if it isn't, they sure did something wrong with it).
A big fail for the price they charge.

If you can find a Capriottis anywhere near you, go. They are amazing. They even cook their own turkeys in house for Turkey sandwiches.
In fact, every sandwich I've had on their menu is very good. All for the same price as Jersey Mikes.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A Jersey Mikes recently opened near me. Is it worth a visit? (please tell me it's better than Jimmy John's, which is pretty friggin lame)
Well, all I can tell you is... I like it.
But, as I said, it's as close to what I grew up with (in NJ) than anything else I've had (outside of NJ).

But, everyone's different... Hoagies in So. Jersey and Philly... Grinders in New England... to each his own.

But, if you go, I like the #5 - Super Sub. They'll put lettuce, onions, tomatoes on it... add a little oregano and oil and vinegar (I think the oil and vinegar is unique to NJ subs).

If you try it, give us your review (y)

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
If you can find a Capriottis anywhere near you, go. They are amazing. They even cook their own turkeys in house for Turkey sandwiches.

Oh yeah, I've had Capriotti's. There's a bunch of them here in Delaware (may even be where the chain originally started).

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I can only imagine then how crappy they are when you’re sober. I was pretty buzzed and they were the worst thing I’ve ever had in a fast food joint. There were five of us and we all threw them in the garbage.

That would be correct - I was one of the 5, and buzzed as well

Plus, none of us had eaten for 8-10 hours, we're starving, and STILL threw the shit away.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I still swear by Steak N Shake as the best fast food place (Sorry, @Mackeyser , I know you got sick from it, but it's honestly my favorite. The burger is great, the shakes are great, but the fries are the best I've had in any fast food place.)

Arby's is another great one (I love the potato cakes to go with a large roast beef sandwich and a Jamocha shake.)

Qdoba is good for Mexican food (I get the quesadilla).

Hardee's is awesome (even though they apparently don't sell shakes anymore, which sucks.)

Wendy's is good once in a while (and they have huge burgers).

I love Subway for a foot-long club with shredded cheese and layers upon layers of tomatoes, followed by chips and a cookie or two.

Penn Station has a great Philly cheesesteak, the fries are huge, and they have a delicious chocolate chip cookie.

KFC, Popeye's, Church's, Lee's, and Raising Cane's are pretty much the same chicken place to me. It's good once in a while.

I love oriental food, but I always get takeout/delivery.

But Steak N Shake is the overall best, and if I couldn't eat anything else for the rest of my life, I'd still be happy.

Now, if we had to include sit-down chains? Red Robin, Bandana's, Buffalo Wild Wings, O'Charlie's, Five Guy's, etc. would provide a competition for sure.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I still swear by Steak N Shake as the best fast food place (Sorry, @Mackeyser , I know you got sick from it, but it's honestly my favorite. The burger is great, the shakes are great, but the fries are the best I've had in any fast food place.)

Arby's is another great one (I love the potato cakes to go with a large roast beef sandwich and a Jamocha shake.)

Qdoba is good for Mexican food (I get the quesadilla).

Hardee's is awesome (even though they apparently don't sell shakes anymore, which sucks.)

Wendy's is good once in a while (and they have huge burgers).

I love Subway for a foot-long club with shredded cheese and layers upon layers of tomatoes, followed by chips and a cookie or two.

Penn Station has a great Philly cheesesteak, the fries are huge, and they have a delicious chocolate chip cookie.

KFC, Popeye's, Church's, Lee's, and Raising Cane's are pretty much the same chicken place to me. It's good once in a while.

I love oriental food, but I always get takeout/delivery.

But Steak N Shake is the overall best, and if I couldn't eat anything else for the rest of my life, I'd still be happy.

Now, if we had to include sit-down chains? Red Robin, Bandana's, Buffalo Wild Wings, O'Charlie's, Five Guy's, etc. would provide a competition for sure.

I shall excuse this blasphemy this one time.

On the real, most fast food is awful. The more I focus on getting healthy, the less I literally can stomach. I think I’ve eaten my last Wendy burger.

The closest I may get to fast food is Five Guys.

I mean last night my son and his friend treated me to a HUGE bowl of Pho (for those that don’t know, it’s a Vietnamese soup with bit of meat, veggies and rice noodles.) I barely could finish it and it cost $10. That’s it. I had room temp water with it (cold water or beverages are really bad for digestion, especially as we get older. It conceals the fat making it harder to digest. Ideally, hot beverages like green tea are best).

I’m weaning myself off that stuff.

That said *steps off soapbox*, there is NOTHING better than a massive Double King Burger with egg and cheese from Fatburger. Nothing. Ever.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

On the real, most fast food is awful. The more I focus on getting healthy, the less I literally can stomach. I think I’ve eaten my last Wendy burger.

I mean last night my son and his friend treated me to a HUGE bowl of Pho (for those that don’t know, it’s a Vietnamese soup with bit of meat, veggies and rice noodles.) I barely could finish it and it cost $10. That’s it. I had room temp water with it (cold water or beverages are really bad for digestion, especially as we get older. It conceals the fat making it harder to digest. Ideally, hot beverages like green tea are best).

That said *steps off soapbox*, there is NOTHING better than a massive Double King Burger with egg and cheese from Fatburger. Nothing. Ever.
Pho is very under appreciated as a fast food. It’s right in the price range generally, is indeed fast, and so much healthier. I have a place up the street where they offer 15 different types. I can call it in and it is ready when I get there 5 or 10 minutes later.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Pho is very good.
You need to try a philipino sandwich next time. Ban Min is excellent

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pho is very under appreciated as a fast food.
I've never tried it... but made an assumption it might be like ramen? And I stay far away from ramen due to the sodium content.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pho is very good.
You need to try a philipino sandwich next time. Ban Min is excellent
I keep meaning to but their spicy beef pho is so good I have a hard time straying from it. Gonna have to try it though. The owner suggested it last time and said his the best around.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've never tried it... but made an assumption it might be like ramen? And I stay far away from ramen due to the sodium content.
Not really like ramen at all if it’s done right. Most have a bone broth base, some meat of your choice, and noodles. It is then served with a healthy portion of fresh bean sprouts, Thai basil, jalapeños, and sometimes mint and bok choy (sp?). You add the fresh stuff at the table to your taste.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I keep meaning to but their spicy beef pho is so good I have a hard time straying from it. Gonna have to try it though. The owner suggested it last time and said his the best around.
I completely understand.
I'm not a huge fan of soup, but Pho is in a whole different category for me. Tons of fresh meat, vegies, herbs and chilis. Some places, invest a lot of time just making the broth.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
here in Iowa it's Sonic Burger
train

Yes.

And you guys also have a gas station chain called Kum and Go

Which makes me think "yes, please".

1412289636000-Kum-Go.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In fact, every sandwich I've had on their menu is very good. All for the same price as Jersey Mikes.

There is one so close to me I could walk to it in less than two minutes.

Sometimes after a workout I'll go there and get a sandwich.

They are very, very good.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of a crazy list. I feel that my status as a former 48 state (and two Canadian provinces) tour bus driver gives me perspective over many here. My take:
1. In-n-Out is good and the visual of freshly cut fries is cool and the t-shirts are cool. But the fries are not as good as McDonalds. btw, when the h.ll did they put these in Texas?
2. Whataburger is fabulous and the dining area is open 24 hours (or used to be), which is important when hungry and driving a 54 ft tour bus around at midnight. Loved the food and would choose them over In-n-Out. AND you can get a burger at 9am, if memory serves!
3.Coburns in Kansas? I ate there once and it's not memorable to me. I'm blown away that Braums is not listed in Kansas and Oklahoma as the most popular. Braums makes the best fast food burger that I have ever eaten.
4. White Castle......dude, just no. (unless you have access to a bathroom 24/7)
5. Popeyes is ok...We had a franchise here in Kansas that died after a while.
6. Rallys/Checkers makes some tasty cheap burgers from their little drive through/carry out shacks, and they are a nice break from the ordinary.
7. McDonalds is the place we love to hate, but it's the place that produces consistent food across the country. You may not like that food because of the number of times you have eaten there, but you know that the Big Mac you love is similar everywhere. The fries are just plain hot,culinary crack. I freaking love them hot, just as I love hot Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. Neither is good for you, but d@mn, can I have more?
8. Ok, Chick-Fil-A...You people that have actually tried their chicken sandwich and don't like it, are freaks. Or, the franchise you went to needs a management change or something. The bun is great, and the chicken with crisp lettuce is juicy. I hate lines..i freaking LOATH them, but will wait in a line for a chicken sandwich (or two) at this place. Partly it's due to scarcity, because it's a place not available in my immediate area so I will wait for the food there, when I wouldn't at a more common place. Places from which chicken burgers suck: McDonalds, Burger King, KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN (wtf?lol). Wendy's doesn't suck but not as good as Chick-Fil-A. If you're needing a Chicken Burger, this is the place to get it on the run!

drops mic...:rockon:

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO the best fast food burger I have ever had is the Big Buford from Rally's. I don't think any fast food burgers are truly excellent though, for that a trip to a bar that specializes is the way to go. But after swilling vodka all night the Big Buford hits the spot.
I remember that burger at Rallys/Checkers, but when you get a chance, try the bacon double cheeseburger at Braums and have the shake....Once you go Braums, you'll never go back.