Best fast food restaurant...Chick-Fil-A?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Q729

Legend
Been a while since I had some Chic Fil A. This thread made me go there for lunch yesterday. Regular chicken sandwich, small fries and a pack of Polynesian sauce. Should've got some sweet tea, though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The wife swears by Panera although she claims it's not fast-food but a restaurant. Google disagrees.

14384.jpg

Panera has awesome breads. It's known as the St. Louis Bread Company where I live.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I found fast food nirvana.
I’m in DFW for the week and stumbled across Whataburger.
Absolutely incredible.
I’m hooked.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I ate at a Chik-fil-A express. It sucked. It was bland and dry. Mickey Ds has better nuggets because they have better batter dipped coating. I'd take just about any other local fast food joint over That place.

I loved Roy Rogers back in the day. That place ruled. Roast beef sandwiches and fried chicken at the same joint. It was quality food.

Right now I prefer Arby's over them all. Popeye is a close second....but my buddies and I all got sick on Popeyes once. It is hard to forget that, but their chicken doesn't make me feel bloated like KFC does.

The one fast food I consistently love is breakfast sandwiches. McDonald's, or Burger King. Biscuit or Croissants. Love them both. I make even better with bagels and scrapple as the meat.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
breakfast sandwiches. McDonald's, or Burger King. Biscuit or Croissants. Love them both.
Steak egg & cheese bagel from McD.
There is no substitute .

I remember back in the late 90s, Taco Bell first came out with breakfast burritos. They were fat as fuck. Loaded with sausage, egg, cheese, and little tater tots. Then they stopped for about a year and retooled the menu, and it was much worse.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There is no substitute .

I remember back in the late 90s, Taco Bell first came out with breakfast burritos. They were fat as freak. Loaded with sausage, egg, cheese, and little tater tots. Then they stopped for about a year and retooled the menu, and it was much worse.

Yes! Those were good, then went to shit.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
There is no substitute .

I remember back in the late 90s, Taco Bell first came out with breakfast burritos. They were fat as freak. Loaded with sausage, egg, cheese, and little tater tots. Then they stopped for about a year and retooled the menu, and it was much worse.
I remember Burger King had a Croisantwich breakfast item, made from an ACTUAL croissant. Then one day I ordered it and it came on a hamburger bun SHAPED like a croissant. WTF? What kind of mouth breather do they think I am?? Like my taste buds will be fooled because of the look of something?!

Someone needs to get smacked.

:rant:No buttery, flakey texture and taste?!!

Yes. I am doing donuts in your parking lot to protest!! :lifting:

:coach:Let that be a lesson to you!!!

....croissant shaped hamburger bun.......:cautious:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've lived in California 40+ years. Never had or seen a Raising Canes. What the heck is that?
I have lived in California 70 years, have never heard of it before!! What does it serve, IDK! Anyone!!?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I loved Roy Rogers back in the day. That place ruled. Roast beef sandwiches and fried chicken at the same joint. It was quality food.
Man, that brings back memories!

RR was soooo good... I loved the Double R Bar Burger (burger with ham and cheese on top).

And, you're right... the chicken was really good too!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, that brings back memories!

RR was soooo good... I loved the Double R Bar Burger (burger with ham and cheese on top).

And, you're right... the chicken was really good too!
And the Roast Beef was served rare.
Man I loved that place too.
RR horseradish sauce was killer.
We have 5 guys in NJ, pretty good.
Impressed with Whataburger. Had the chicken fajita taco and it was off the hook too

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the Roast Beef was served rare.
Man I loved that place too.
RR horseradish sauce was killer.
We have 5 guys in NJ, pretty good.
Impressed with Whataburger. Had the chicken fajita taco and it was off the hook too
Yeah.. used to go to the one on Route 10 in East Hanover.
Really, everything on that menu was good!

The thing about Whataburger is that they come out with specialty burgers every once in a while. Like, right now, I think they're offering Mushroom Swiss burgers... that is not on their normal menu. When they trot out their "Thick-and-Hearty A-1" burger (2 patties, bacon, grilled onions and A-1 sauce), I gots to have it!

Enjoy your stay in BigD... if I can be of any help, PM me.

Last edited:

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carl’s Jr. for me. Expensive but if I’m going fast food it’s worth it. I like Wing Stop too but not exactly fast because its cooked to order. Ticks me off KFC stopped making wings.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Their back now, called "scramblers". And they are amazing.

Plus they serve it with crack...I mean their nacho cheese sauce.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have lived in California 70 years, have never heard of it before!! What does it serve, IDK! Anyone!!?

Raising Canes are around the columbus ohio area. they serve well made chicken fingers from never frozen chicken. they're very good as is the sauce they serve. sides are good, a little small, but still good. my wife loves their food so when fast food comes into play for dinner, that's pretty much where we go.

https://www.raisingcanes.com/locations

caniac-combo-minus-a.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carl’s Jr. for me. Expensive but if I’m going fast food it’s worth it. I like Wing Stop too but not exactly fast because its cooked to order. Ticks me off KFC stopped making wings.
KFC stopped making wings? They used to have the grilled wings which were great but the spicy hot wings are pretty good and last I checked they still had

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Raising Canes are around the columbus ohio area. they serve well made chicken fingers from never frozen chicken. they're very good as is the sauce they serve. sides are good, a little small, but still good. my wife loves their food so when fast food comes into play for dinner, that's pretty much where we go.

https://www.raisingcanes.com/locations

caniac-combo-minus-a.jpg
This sounds nice, but there are no locations within 100 miles of me!!