Best fans in the NFL; The Patriots?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Best fans in the NFL; The Patriots?
200.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Boston fans are nuts and loud when it comes to the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics. Football fans in this town are a joke. Brady has urged and pleaded on more than one occasion that the fans make more noise at games. Patriot fans suck and it's embarrassing because I love Everything about Boston. Patriot fans are a huge black eye to our town

The few that I have met were the uninformed bandwagon types. Only they are adamant that they are correct about everything NFL and especially the Patriots. They got pissed when their knowledge was challenged.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hell, ask any patriot "fan" when their "teams" first super bowl was. I'm bettin their answer wont be 1985. (of course, i wouldnt admit to that *sswhippin either, but still.)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The few that I have met were the uninformed bandwagon types. Only they are adamant that they are correct about everything NFL and especially the Patriots. They got pissed when their knowledge was challenged.

Thats because they have no knowledge lol. Im mean this sincerely, the only fans in Boston that know anything about football are non Patriot fans. Current Patriot fans are either kids (20 somethings) or pink hats (fans that only follow teams when they win).

They are getting better but based on the teams success, they are likely the worst fans in all of football in terms of passion and actual knowledge of the game. I will be curious to see what happens to the fans when Belichek and Brady leave.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Online fans*, this is all based on twitter followers. I live 45 mins from the bills stadium and I go a few times a year, I never see pats fans at the pats games, maybe they are scared lol. No way they travel or have more real fans that Pitt, Dallas, and Green Bay.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap

Sounds like Seahawk fans as well. Let's get on the bandwagon and become instant lifelong fans with impeccable knowledge about all things NFL.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Patriots have a good fanbase...NOW.
But as sson as they become mediocre, it'll dwindle.

Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers are the TOP 3, if we're using qualifiers such as: attendance, traveling fans, prices, etc.

Browns, while loyal as hell, aren't really a BIG fanbase in comparison, so I'd put them in the next group.

Seahawks fans are legit, whether you want to admit it or not. Sounders fans are the same way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Thats because they have no knowledge lol. Im mean this sincerely, the only fans in Boston that know anything about football are non Patriot fans. Current Patriot fans are either kids (20 somethings) or pink hats (fans that only follow teams when they win).

They are getting better but based on the teams success, they are likely the worst fans in all of football in terms of passion and actual knowledge of the game. I will be curious to see what happens to the fans when Belichek and Brady leave.

*Poof!*

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers are the TOP 3, if we're using qualifiers such as: attendance, traveling fans, prices, etc.

Browns, while loyal as hell, aren't really a BIG fanbase in comparison, so I'd put them in the next group.

Seahawks fans are legit, whether you want to admit it or not. Sounders fans are the same way.

They aren't legit in football knowledge IMO. They are bandwagoners just like the Cheatriots fans. I have yet to meet a Seattle fan that knew what he was talking about.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Seahawk fans are legit? Where were they when the team was playing like shit? They weren't at the stadium that's for sure.

Here is a link with last years data and it goes back a few years. You can find the same data year by year for as long as you want to go back too. And many teams are all over the board in recent years, it's just how the economics have changed sports. Clearly not for the better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_attendance_figures

You'll find a couple of things to be true across the country. If the team isn't winning fans don't show up. If a stadium is new (like yours there in Dallas or in New York) people show up in droves, but if the team isn't winning it wears off quickly. See last year in the link.

Seeing live events like concerts and sports has become SO expensive that people won't go for a shit-show like the Jags, and not everyone can afford to shell out 150-250 bucks per ticket to see a band. It used to be fans could afford to go easily and most stadiums were full. The NFL has fucked itself for the long term IMO. Direct TV and the internet are going to chip away over time as the cost of going to games goes up and up with no end in sight.

It's stupid.

Last year to go see the shitty ass Bears the "index" on costs for a family of four pegged the cost over 600 bucks. The Patriots come in at $624 and the Giants aren't far behind. In your town the average is $167 per person which means for the "family of four" your dropping $668 to go to a game. The tipping point is very, very nearby in many markets.

The Browns are actually an excellent example, maybe the best possible one. Several converging drivers have driven fans back to their living room. Shitty ownership, lousy team, cost of going to a game, dire economic situations that have reduced disposable income and management that is awful. What was once the fanbase that was always in the conversation with GB and one or two other cities is seeing huge groups of fans calling for boycotts and staying away because they can't stand the thieving owner and the team loses way too much.

We've seen in happen in STL too.......I've been in that dome when it was packed and loud as hell. And I've been in it when there were thousands of empty seats.

This is, in my opinion, going to continue to spread, slowly, into other markets. The larger metro areas will be somewhat insulated

I think Arthur Blank is being smart with what he is doing with concession prices. I hope it works out for him and other owners take notice.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Seahawk fans are legit? Where were they when the team was playing like crap? They weren't at the stadium that's for sure.

Here is a link with last years data and it goes back a few years. You can find the same data year by year for as long as you want to go back too. And many teams are all over the board in recent years, it's just how the economics have changed sports. Clearly not for the better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_attendance_figures

You'll find a couple of things to be true across the country. If the team isn't winning fans don't show up. If a stadium is new (like yours there in Dallas or in New York) people show up in droves, but if the team isn't winning it wears off quickly. See last year in the link.

Seeing live events like concerts and sports has become SO expensive that people won't go for a crap-show like the Jags, and not everyone can afford to shell out 150-250 bucks per ticket to see a band. It used to be fans could afford to go easily and most stadiums were full. The NFL has freaked itself for the long term IMO. Direct TV and the internet are going to chip away over time as the cost of going to games goes up and up with no end in sight.

It's stupid.

Last year to go see the crappy ass Bears the "index" on costs for a family of four pegged the cost over 600 bucks. The Patriots come in at $624 and the Giants aren't far behind. In your town the average is $167 per person which means for the "family of four" your dropping $668 to go to a game. The tipping point is very, very nearby in many markets.

The Browns are actually an excellent example, maybe the best possible one. Several converging drivers have driven fans back to their living room. crappy ownership, lousy team, cost of going to a game, dire economic situations that have reduced disposable income and management that is awful. What was once the fanbase that was always in the conversation with GB and one or two other cities is seeing huge groups of fans calling for boycotts and staying away because they can't stand the thieving owner and the team loses way too much.

We've seen in happen in STL too.......I've been in that dome when it was packed and loud as hell. And I've been in it when there were thousands of empty seats.

This is, in my opinion, going to continue to spread, slowly, into other markets. The larger metro areas will be somewhat insulated

I think Arthur Blank is being smart with what he is doing with concession prices. I hope it works out for him and other owners take notice.
Looks like their attendance hovers around 66-67,000 a game. It went up 2,000 a game per year, but they also added 1,000 seats. Seattle is a small market, and no matter how bad they are, have the best home field advantage in the league. As far as Seattle fans being uninformed, every team has stupid fans. That's just how it is.

And I wholeheartedly agree about what Blanke is doing. Jerry needs to do the same thing, but he won't; making money is number one. Two beers at a Cowboys game is $17. Sad.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Seattle is a small market,

Not it's not. Seattle is a huge tourist destination and the HQ of Microsoft. That's a big deal.

They have 3 of the 5 major sports teams and had 4 of the 5 until about a decade ago.

I consider a small market to be Indy, Nashville, Buffalo, KC, Charlotte, etc.

shitchicken fans aren't "legit" either. The bandwagon thing is true. No one cared about them this much even when Mike Holmgreen was coaching them to a SB. Now they are fawned over. Media coverage has skyrocketed and so has their marketing. I don't recall this much coverage a decade ago (when they were still a good team). Remember when they went to Philly on that snowy Monday night and destroyed the Eagles like 45-10 or something stupid like that?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Looks like their attendance hovers around 66-67,000 a game. It went up 2,000 a game per year, but they also added 1,000 seats. Seattle is a small market, and no matter how bad they are, have the best home field advantage in the league. As far as Seattle fans being uninformed, every team has stupid fans. That's just how it is.

And I wholeheartedly agree about what Blanke is doing. Jerry needs to do the same thing, but he won't; making money is number one. Two beers at a Cowboys game is $17. Sad.

Hell Rynie I just looked at beer prices, you guys are 10th!!! Some teams are getting `10 bucks a beer!!! Check this shit out......LOL go Rams we got 5th place.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Beer-here-Beer-prices-for-every-NFL-stadium-in-2015-39707923

I won't call the fan base in SEA stupid either, I have no idea how good they are at all. I do know that like anywhere else in any pro sport winning creates fans and losing drives them away. I don't think SEA is a small market either, it's larger than Minneapolis which I don't think is a small market. Maybe is how it's defined but the metro area there is 15th largest in the country.

Look at the Mariners by the way..........when they were winning the stadium was full. Now it's not even close. SEA is no different than anyplace else anymore. The Sonics are a perfect example........

As far as the home field advantage in SEA yeah it's loud now but lets see what happens when they are 6-10 and 4-12. Remember the stories from 99-01 the dome in STL was so loud you could yell at the person next to you and they wouldn't know what you said. Fast forward a few years and you could hear conversations between people from 10 rows away.

Jerry doesn't seem to care about winning, and there was a point not that long ago that I would have said he wants to win, but like everyone else in the NFL over the last several years he showed his ass too. He's one of the new breed of owners and money is what comes first and second and then winning comes third..........the fans are an afterthought.

People aren't going to spend a sizable amount of cash for a shitty team. I'll be honest if I lived in STL and had season tickets I may well have gotten rid of them. Spending 3-4 grand a year, even for someone that can afford it, for a team playing that poorly doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes. And that's not figuring if you lay out cash for the PSL which is crazy.

I'm guessing that StanWorld is going to see PSL prices higher than the ones we saw in NY and SF. I bet bad seats will cost 15K.