1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Best Case Scenarios for St. Louis Rams in 2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by STL-Rams, Apr 10, 2012.

1. STL-Rams

STL-Rams Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,191,341.50
  2. MerlinJones

MerlinJones Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,869,153.07
    Rob Rang and Dane Brugler of CBS sports are both projecting (in their latest mock drafts) that the Rams will select Fletcher Cox with the sixth pick.

So how would everyone feel if the Rams did, in fact, select Cox at six? Do you feel the value is there for him that high?
  3. Ramhusker

Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pick 'Em Champion Pit Boss

Credit:
    $1,649,518.95
    It could happen. I think we are in for a boat load of surprises this draft. It is a major hole on this team but I'd like to think they would draft him if they had traded down a handful of spots, say with Miami or Buffalo.
  4. MerlinJones

MerlinJones Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,869,153.07
    I agree. If the Rams trade down around nine or ten I think Cox is a strong pick. I'm just not sure I'd like him at six, especially if Claiborne is still on the board.
  5. STL-Rams

Credit:
    $1,191,341.50

Great question. I like Cox a whole lot personally. I would not be upset by that move but would like it better if we could get him at 11 or so.
  6. Angry Ram

Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Credit:
    $3,451,031.12
    I'd be pretty pissed. We have a chance to take 1 of the top 3 players at their positions and instead take a minimal impact position? If they trade down I'd be disappointed but honestly I hope they don't trade down again and miss out on Richardson, Claiborne, or Blackmon.
  7. libertadrocks

libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,747,061.06
    I'd be pissed too. I dont think Fletcher Cox is anywhere close to BPA at 6. I dont think he's the best DT. We need a DT but he isnt the type of DT we need. We need a block eating slob not a featherweight.
  8. Faceplant

Faceplant Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $3,072,362.19
    Cox @ 6 and I am questioning this regime already.....
  9. Memento

Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Credit:
    $98,223.45
    Name:
    Mem
    I would be a bit disappointed if Cox was taken with the sixth overall pick. Nothing against Cox personally; he fills a need (pass-rush from the defensive tackle position), but I'd rather trade down to get him. If they trade down, I'd be ecstatic.
  10. brokeu91

brokeu91 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,210,073.73
    Name:
    Michael
    I agree that he's not the type of DT we need. I'm not saying the Rams should take Poe, but he'd more fit what we need.
  11. Angry Ram

Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Credit:
    $3,451,031.12

lol I think that block eating slob would have some technique.
  12. rickrawk

rickrawk Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,913,984.80
    Name:
    Rick
    We need to stay at #6 and take Blackmon. Man we need playmakers more than anything else at this point.

GO RAMS!!!!
  13. Cullen Bryant

Cullen Bryant Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,640,788.05
    Name:
    Bill
    I'd be fine with it, I would be a little surprised if they passed on Claiborne, Richardson or Blackmon but I really like Fletcher Cox. I do think he's the best DT in this draft. The Rams have lacked an inside pass rush for years and Cox would go a long way to solving that issue. He's solid against the run, can play all across the d-line and they can get a bigger run stuffing type later. The reality is they need more than one DT.
  14. STL-Rams

Credit:
    $1,191,341.50
    Good point. We have a 3 tech. Langford. A one/two would be ideal imo. Poe, Champon, Thompson, Ta'amu, etc.
  15. STL-Rams

Credit:
    $1,191,341.50
    Although we have a 3 tech already in Langford I agree that Cox is the best DT in the draft (imo). Poe and Brockers have very high ceilings as well, though.