Best Available NFL Free Agents Waiting To Sign

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Akrasian thinking we don't have room:
And Mathis wants to be paid like an elite player despite most teams having spent their cap space already, and his age, and his having been injured part of the season, and prospering in a system that about half the teams run. He makes sense for some teams, I suppose - the Broncos know they are screwed once Peyton retires, so they need to go for it now and can defer the cap hit until Peyton's salary hit is gone also. The Rams need to keep cap space to re-sign more of their young players, run the wrong system, and have more young OL they will want to keep than there is space on the roster.
Circumstances may prevent us doing what we'd like to do but yeah, I don't see us signing him especially after drafting Battle. We can only keep so many O-linemen.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I just enjoy the fact that the Rams aren't listed as likely suitors to any of these guys. In years past we'd be linked to just about every free agent out there to fill holes in our swiss cheese roster.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/28/jake-long-visiting-the-falcons/

Jake Long visiting the Falcons
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2015

350x-24.jpg
AP

Former No. 1 overall draft pick Jake Long is hoping to revive his career in Atlanta.

Long is visiting the Falcons for a physical and a workout, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports.

The 30-year-old Long was the first overall pick of the Dolphins in the 2008 draft. After five seasons with the Dolphins, he spent the last two years with the Rams.

Long is coming off his second ACL surgery, and it’s unclear how healthy he is. But if he’s ready to go, he could provide an upgrade on the Falcons’ offensive line, perhaps taking over at left tackle and allowing last year’s first-round pick, Jake Matthews, to move to right tackle.

Long isn’t worth anything close to the five-year, $57.75 million deal he got as a rookie with the Dolphins or the four-year, $36 million deal he got in his second contract with the Rams, but on a low-cost, incentive-laden deal, he could be a good fit in Atlanta.

Alan

Legend
I can see why Jake want's to play again because who doesn't think he'd look great walking around with a hand made designer cane for the rest of his life.
article-2087237-0F7A3F8000000578-358_306x590.jpg