Best amateur football performance you ever seen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
After reading the thread what positionwould you play if you were in the nfl I started to think about all more football experiences. The greatest thing I ever seen on a field was a few years ago, maybe 4 yrs ago or so, in the Missouri football championship games. I believe it was class 4a and it was hazelwood central against a team I forgot. Well the kid played for the other team.

He was the kicker, punter, qb, kr, pr, and saftey. He SINGLE handedly scored the first 21 points of the game. First he had a pick 6. Then he had like a 60 yd td run. And he ran back either a punt or kick. And he kicked ever extra point. Then Hazelwood made a game of it and it was close. In the 4th quarter holding a lead they kid picked the ball off in the closing minutes. It was a simply amazing performance. The broadcasters said he was going to mizzou but I don't remember the guys name. He was the best player on either side of the ball from both teams. I bet he is a school and small town hero.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Last year I watched Kyle Datriss dominate at QB, Safety and ST. It was most impressive. His size and skill was so far above everyone on the field. It was sick. And he wasn't even D1 material. It could be because he preferred baseball though.

When I was a youngen I watched the great Randy Sidler dominate every high school game he played..again size, speed, agility...he was just better than everyone on the field. He went on to play at PSU of course and was drafted in round 3 by the Jets when he tore an ACL in camp and never played a game. I run into him now and then, he still looks like a muscle bound giant. Nice guy too.

I regret not making an effort to watch Mike Mussina play against Danville. My one buddy still likes to say how he got a hit off of him.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I remember performances like that from Ha Ha Clinton-Dix back when he played against my high school. He never left the field for Dr. Phillips High School and he dominated the game from every position he played. He was a running back on offense, a gunner on the punt team, an obviously elite safety, but he could return kicks, punts, and interceptions like he was Devin Hester.
He was just so fast and aggressive that he would always be involved in the play and all you could hear all game was the announcer repeating "Ha Ha... Clinton-Dix!!!" He carried that team on his back to the State Championship. I knew he would make a solid 1st round pick for Green Bay.

I have seen guys put up incredible numbers before and not make it too though. I remember an old teammate, Leeman Brown, was the best pass rusher I have ever seen and he ended up at some small town school in Washington. He had a game where he had 3 consecutive sacks and then blocked the ensuing punt which he returned for a touchdown. The dude had great talent but he wasted it on off the field issues.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Tim Tebow once thought he had cramp, so battled through it, including a 29 yard rushing TD, turned out he had a broken leg, always thought that was impressive.

College is still considered amateur right? Justin Blackmon's 8 receptions, 186 yards, 3 TDs with a 52 yard rush in his final Oklahoma State game always stands out as a great individual performance.

ScottNW

UDFA
I coach football at a local University here in Edinburgh. Amateur level and more than 50% of the squad every year are true rookies - never played before but most have played rugby or soccer. From time-to-time we get some foreign imports, mainly europeans but sometimes we get the odd baller from the states. During the 2013-14 season we got a player from South Carolina who started off playing WR. Played football in high school and was a 2 sport athlete (football & basketball) during his time in Edinburgh. He started off playing WR for us, and at the midway point of the season we were 0-4. He switched to QB after the mid-season break and we finished the sesason 4-4. Dude was electrifying as an option QB, was damn hard to tackle and caused our opponents all sorts of problems. Everyone in the league game planned around him when they played us, which meant that most of our other players were put in a position to succeed on a regular basis. Guy had a great arm too, making him the ultimate dual-threat QB. He played STs too, from KR to head hunter to long snapper.

fearsomefour

Legend
Marshal Faulk second start at San Diego St. 37 carries, 386 yards and 7 TDs.
Playing vs Jamie Martin in high school. We sucked and I have no idea about stat line but he was clearly on a different level that every one else on the field.
My favorite was a game my son had (yeah, yeah I know) as a young teenager. He played MLB in the 4/3 set and OLB in the 3/4. He also long snapped and played on kickoff coverage and return and was the back up QB. He ended up with 16 tackles, 2 QB sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery and 1 Int, executed his all his long snaps withou error made a couple of ST tackle and added a 40 yard KO return. Like most kids his focus was right on task after a game like that, "Where we gonna eat?!"

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I saw Iowa linebacker Nate Meier play running back on his 8-man high school football team his senior season. I believe he scored 5 or 6 touchdowns that game against the second best team in the state. Unfortunately for the other team, they were in the same conference as Nate Meier's highschool and lost to them again in the sub-state final. Meier basically carried the team the entire season and won the state title.