Bernie's Draft Bytes: Fisher declares war on NFC West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bailey can be solid all he wants - but are you confident he'll be able to beat the corners in this division?

That's where i'm concerned. Every defense in this division is tough and stout against the run, AND pass..not to mention they all have corners that can man up and play you man to man, and shut you down..

so I ask this question to every ram fan - you tell me, with a straight face, what receiver (not named tavon) on this Rams roster do you have confidence in, in winning man to man coverage against richard sherman/seattle's Defefense, Arizona's patrick peterson and antonio cromartie,etc.

Cause I don't see it.

200 yards rushing against Seattle last season? Now another mauler on the line? And don't sell our receivers as nothings. I'm not buying the doom.

iced

200 yards rushing against Seattle last season? Now another mauler on the line? And don't sell our receivers as nothings. I'm not buying the doom.

seriously?

how about 15 yards rushing against the seahawks at their house? When they also had a healthy linebacker back. Zac stacy had 1 ypc

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I really tried to read this article but after a couple of paragraphs my brain went into Homer Simpson mode and drifted of far, far away.

Now I know why I never read his articles anymore.

scifiman

What would be really good reporting is about the trades that did not happen in the draft with the rams as well as other teams. Would be great to see what they were offering and what we were rejecting and vice versa for us. That would be a very cool story and good investigative reporting.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
seriously?

how about 15 yards rushing against the seahawks at their house? When they also had a healthy linebacker back. Zac stacy had 1 ypc
Hence the need to upgrade the Oline. Also, you recall that Long was out at LT and Saffold wasn't at OG, and then he was out at LT, too. Chris Williams and Shelley Smith are gone now. I wouldn't necessarily expect over a hundred yards rushing, but I wouldn't expect no measly 15 yards, either.

iced

Hence the need to upgrade the Oline. Also, you recall that Long was out at LT and Saffold wasn't at OG, and then he was out at LT, too. Chris Williams and Shelley Smith are gone now. I wouldn't necessarily expect over a hundred yards rushing, but I wouldn't expect no measly 15 yards, either.

again - works both ways.. you can't just pick one and ignore the other.

when we dominated them, they also were missing a few players on defense

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So why would we expect the Rams to disavow their core football philosophy? In their minds, they've already drafted enough WRs ... four in their two drafts under Fisher. That's short-sighted on their part, but there's no point in arguing.

Crap! Its only a 1 round draft this year? I didn't know that!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Big fat Bernie knows as much about football as I know about knitting...which is to say, nothing at all. Not sure why the guy is paid for his drivel to be honest. He is a PD forum poster disguised as a "columnist". Just ignore him and hopefully he will go away.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
As if anyone needed to be reminded, the Rams are coach Jeff Fisher's team. He's completely in charge of their fate. He's building the roster in a way that matches his core football beliefs. He doesn't care what you want. He doesn't care what I want. He doesn't care what we think. And that's fine. This is his show.
And when Fisher falters, even just a little bit, Bernie will feel all so entitled to reem Fisher a new one.

fearsomefour

Legend
I hate it when press guys complain they don't have an interesting angle to write about.
Many, including Bernie, confuse why people read them....it has nothing to do with them as writers.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's the problem: the Rams also stimulated a fan base that was suddenly hoping that this would be a wild Thursday-night ride, with the Rams going crazy and picking an outrageously flamboyant dervish of a quarterback to replace game manager Sam Bradford.

That's because you wrongly assumed that the Rams "fan base" is typified by your gang over at Ramstalk, Bernie. This, I submit, is the reason you have such a stunted and cynical view of the Rams whenever you write about them.

I, unlike some others here at ROD, thoroughly enjoy reading Bernie's articles because of my fascination with how the human mind works but the comments after are even better. :cool:

Speed

UDFA
there was so much BS you had to get through. Bernie is so hard for me to read ... he is like a bag lady... just carrying all his stuff around with him. He is incapable of writing an article for information purposes and not be snarky, or pissy

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
If he wanted to be pissy and snarky, he shouldn't have even mentioned the first two picks. Every national guy, when asked who helped themselves the most, named the Rams. They totally nailed it and fact is it wasn't really all that hard. Tonight's when you show your scouting and evaluating skills. Bern should have focused on that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher & Snead have four first round selections in the Rams DL in 2014 season. Remarkable! This DL should be the best DL in the NFL by the time playoffs begin.

Fisher & GW will have four or five DE's Long- Quinn- Hayes- Sims- Brodine- Brown applying pressure from outside. Now finally the Rams have a much more complete interior DL rotation that has been missing since Fisher's arrival in my favorite DT ...Seahawk hating Kendall Langford - Brockers- Donald- Conrath & Cudjo to team together in a rotation. Now lets see if teams now can run through us like a freight train now.

Last season I observe our starting DT's get worn down and tired later in the games...looked like to me that the Rams would rather have a tired Brockers & Langford than a fresh Cudjo.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
there was so much BS you had to get through. Bernie is so hard for me to read ... he is like a bag lady... just carrying all his stuff around with him. He is incapable of writing an article for information purposes and not be snarky, or pissy
Wow, I think you just nailed Bernie to a "T" - "Bag Lady" describes him perfectly.

If he wanted to be pissy and snarky, he shouldn't have even mentioned the first two picks. Every national guy, when asked who helped themselves the most, named the Rams. They totally nailed it and fact is it wasn't really all that hard. Tonight's when you show your scouting and evaluating skills. Bern should have focused on that.
I know, how can anyone not be elated after last night's 1st round selections?

You know, it's no wonder Ramstalk is as dysfunctional as it is, for it mirrors Bernie's inner self. You gotta feel bad for the guy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
seriously?

In a pretty much throw away game with virtually no o-line play. In a game that was potentially meaningful though, we were able to run on them pretty successfully. Now we beefed up with Robinson, and our young receivers are another year more mature. I'm not saying that everything is fixed. Just that if we can run the ball EFFECTIVELY and give Sam just a little time in an actual clean pocket, we can have success in both aspects of the offense. And yes... that is with the receivers we have - especially if Britt turns out to be what he was looking like originally. None of us know on that front.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Big fat Bernie knows as much about football as I know about knitting...which is to say, nothing at all. Not sure why the guy is paid for his drivel to be honest. He is a PD forum poster disguised as a "columnist". Just ignore him and hopefully he will go away.
I dunno... I thought that afghan was pretty sweet. :X3:

wrstdude

Rookie
Bailey can be solid all he wants - but are you confident he'll be able to beat the corners in this division?

That's where i'm concerned. Every defense in this division is tough and stout against the run, AND pass..not to mention they all have corners that can man up and play you man to man, and shut you down..

so I ask this question to every ram fan - you tell me, with a straight face, what receiver (not named tavon) on this Rams roster do you have confidence in, in winning man to man coverage against richard sherman/seattle's Defefense, Arizona's patrick peterson and antonio cromartie,etc.

Cause I don't see it.
This is a little misleading, only in that one could would have a hard time naming 2-3 WRs in the league who can beat Sherman. You're gonna have to be creative in your scheme to throw the ball against SEA. Now, whether or not Schotty can do that is another story.