Bernie: Rams' plight is a mix of bad luck, poor decisions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I stopped reading a few paragraphs in and scrolled down to see that Bernie wrote it and realized theres no reason to finish it. Should have put his name up top so I wouldnt waste any time.
exactly. I also stopped readin it a few paragraphs in.

Bernie is the only happy sports fan in StL right now. I'm sure he loves being able to dig the knife in.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Bernie muddles his good arguments by throwing bad ones after them.

Drafting a QB with a premium pick in this year's draft wouldn't have done anything to help our predicament this year, and the previous two years either didn't have anyone worth taking at our draft slots - but there was other talent available that was better value and fit our needs better. So if we would have left holes on our roster and taken a young QB, Bernie would probably be bashing the FO for not having filled those holes. Bradford never had any really career threatening injuries until the ACL last year, and the fact that he re-injured the same one this year is more bad luck than anything else. There isn't much the Rams could have done to blunt the impact of that for this season, and it wasn't unreasonable to expect that we wouldn't get struck by bad luck again.

His comments about Greg Robinson are simply stupid and short-sighted.

So are his comments about not having enough players nominated to the Pro Bowl, which is far more a popularity contest than it is a measure of a players talent.

He mentions the hits for Billy D and Spags, but doesn't mention that they had far more misses than hits. They couldn't even find a decent backup behind SJ for years, now RB is one of our deeper positions.

I'll give him the point on Tavon, and I really do think BS hasn't fully figured out how to use him. He's shown flashes of getting it right (Indy, Chicago games last year) but no consistency.

He tries to restrict the first five draft picks when assessing meaningful action seen by this year's draft class, and in the process completely overlooks that EJ Gaines started at CB and actually did a pretty damn good job.

And while losing Chris Long for an extended period sucks, the FO has also brought in good depth, even finding a promising undrafted rookie in Westbrooks, who solidly beat out the much more highly lauded Michael Sam. That's good scouting right there.

Yes, they've missed on a few draft picks too. Tell me which teams haven't? You can go look at the drafts of any team in the league, including the top ones, and find many misses. The 49ers just cut LaMichael James and totally whiffed on AJ Jenkins, to name a few.

When you get right down to it, I think the number one factor holding this team down right now is simply bad (no, terrible) luck. The talent level here has been upgraded significantly and we have a pretty good coaching staff. We do have things to fix on both the execution side and coaching side, but those problems are not insurmountable. But luck this bad, e.g., losing Bradford again, losing Hill thirty minutes into the season, losing Long for an extended period, etc., etc. ... there are no decisions made or that could have been made by Fisher and Snead that would have negated the impact of that.

I'll close my long rant against Bernie's limp logic by offering this video, without comment:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clicking on a thread and seeing it's Bernie is like getting rick Rolled.

Rickroll.gif
honestly, i'd rather be Rick Rolled if i had a choice of the two.

cracengl

Rookie
I'm not even sure I understand the last part of that. But I've already forgotten what it said and I'm not going back to find out. So there's that. Fuck you Bernie!