Bernie: Rams Earn Respect In Tough Nfc West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Bernee has demonstrated a longterm and consistent pattern of deception. I simply don't trust anything he writes. This article is no different. I believe it has been slanted in some way shape or form to fit whatever agenda has currently has. It's just the way his spots are configured, and it ain't going to change.
Lol...Ok man. That's most definitely your right to have that opinion!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Lol...Ok man. That's most definitely your right to have that opinion!
And FWIW I think you'll find the vast majority of Bernies detractors will tell you the same thing,we're old dogs and have caught the guy in too many inconsistencies and seen him blast away at people based on personal motives only to do an about face once they gave him the access he wants. It is about kissing the ring with him,not truth.
Someday you will see it .
He BTW is not alone Tom Barnidge and Rich Koster were a lot the same way ,it's the lazy Stl press ethos in full regalia.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
And FWIW I think you'll find the vast majority of Bernies detractors will tell you the same thing,we're old dogs and have caught the guy in too many inconsistencies and seen him blast away at people based on personal motives only to do an about face once they gave him the access he wants. It is about kissing the ring with him,not truth.
He BTW is not alone Tom Barnidge and Rich Koster were a lot the same way ,it's the lazy Stl press ethos in full regalia.
Bernie's stuff seems mostly to be agenda driven. Sorta like Fox news network but not as extreme!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not an old guy...but I've been reading Bernie for 20 years. I don't think I'll ever see it the way you guys do.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I really, really, think you are reaching there...maybe not intentionally, but I think you are. Please don't take this spitefully, but this is the hypersensitive reaction I'm talking about. Pointing out an injury history is a "dig"? Really? Just stating what it is rather than beating around the bush isn't a dig, it's just the truth. Has Sam had injuries? Were they in they in the past? Is that an injury history?

To me calling "injury history" a dig is no different than when the haters claim that any fact presented is an "excuse".
Maybe I am reaching but I actually don't think so and the reason is I'm going by what he has written and said in the past. He has shown his bias and I can't pretend to not be aware of it. And maybe I am being hypersensitive. I'm ok with that as I'm also a homer. I don't take offense to it.

And no - Pointing out an injury history is not a dig. Hiding behind player comments to get in your "injury history noted" comment is. I don't see where the Seahawk players actually note an injury history with Sam with that comment. Instead, it came off more as you can't keep getting your QB pounded to submission and expect to win.

I don't care about Bern really. I agree with your point about being thought provoking. Unfortunately, when I read Bernie's articles, the thought that is usually provoked is the want to sleep or my little voice saying WTF? But if by thought provoking you mean that he makes you want to go back and reread his last article to see if he really did just contradict himself again, I guess he is successful.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Maybe I am reaching but I actually don't think so and the reason is I'm going by what he has written and said in the past. He has shown his bias and I can't pretend to not be aware of it. And maybe I am being hypersensitive. I'm ok with that as I'm also a homer. I don't take offense to it.

And no - Pointing out an injury history is not a dig. Hiding behind player comments to get in your "injury history noted" comment is. I don't see where the Seahawk players actually note an injury history with Sam with that comment. Instead, it came off more as you can't keep getting your QB pounded to submission and expect to win.

I don't care about Bern really. I agree with your point about being thought provoking. Unfortunately, when I read Bernie's articles, the thought that is usually provoked is the want to sleep or my little voice saying WTF? But if by thought provoking you mean that he makes you want to go back and reread his last article to see if he really did just contradict himself again, I guess he is successful.
Agree to disagree.

In other news...Tom Brady is gay. (not that there is anything wrong with that).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. Not really worth debating. Cheers man.

How many hours until the hangover begins?:cool:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'm not an old guy...but I've been reading Bernie for 20 years. I don't think I'll ever see it the way you guys do.
So you've been reading him since you were 9 years old ,I was the same age as you are now pus ten years when he started with the PD.
I can see he might be an icon to you and that status could well have been formed in your youth ,so you are forgiven:wink:.
I was well past the "end of the innocence" and have ALWAYS approached the guy with a greater degree of skepticism.
You seem an affable man Sum and so I would advise you ,when the mob comes to get him,stand aside we don't want no innocents gittin hurt :sly::cheese:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
So you've been reading him since you were 9 years old ,I was the same age as you are now pus ten years when he started with the PD.
I can see he might be an icon to you and that status could well have been formed in your youth ,so you are forgiven:wink:.
I was well past the "end of the innocence" and have ALWAYS approached the guy with a greater degree of skepticism.
You seem an affable man Sum and so I would advise you ,when the mob comes to get him,stand aside we don't want no innocents gittin hurt :sly::cheese:
Haha...yes, about 9 years old is when I started getting an interest in sports and started reading the paper. I don't know if he is an icon in my eyes, though I do think he is a good columnist. I don't even care if you guys or anyone else agrees with him (or me)...I just find it amusing that at times it seems there are people looking for reasons to tear into an article when there doesn't seem to be anything there.

It's all good though...if work wasn't so slow this is definitely something I wouldn't have even commented on...but a good debate over something that doesn't really matter is a good way to pass the time...especially since every minute seems like an hour right now.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Haha...yes, about 9 years old is when I started getting an interest in sports and started reading the paper. I don't know if he is an icon in my eyes, though I do think he is a good columnist. I don't even care if you guys or anyone else agrees with him (or me)...I just find it amusing that at times it seems there are people looking for reasons to tear into an article when there doesn't seem to be anything there.

It's all good though...if work wasn't so slow this is definitely something I wouldn't have even commented on...but a good debate over something that doesn't really matter is a good way to pass the time...especially since every minute seems like an hour right now.
I don't deny there is a feeding frenzy element to this,and some may just be piling on.
NOT ME, I'm certain he's the anti christ