Bernie: Rams defense can show way to playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrMotes

Starter
On topic, i agree with Bernie. I think the defense can lead us to the playoffs. And i agree that Gregg Williams was our single biggest off season acquisition...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
On topic, i agree with Bernie. I think the defense can lead us to the playoffs. And i agree that Gregg Williams was our single biggest off season acquisition...
So do I ,but it's like saying something for the fiftieth time and expecting it to be accepted AS WORK, tell me you'd want to pay for that brilliance

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Life sometimes gets complicated. Life at ROD on the other hand is simple.

1. If you don't like Bernie's articles don't read them.

2. If you don't like Bernie threads where people complain about him don't click on them.

3. If you don't like Bernie's articles or threads but want to complain about him anyway, then do so but remember that you will tick some people off if you get too personal about it.

4. If you like Bernie and his articles, allow other people to have an opposite opinion without resorting to PD comparisons or using the "hater" description which btw ticks some of us off.

5. If you feel strongly enough that someone's post is offensive, click the inappropriate button under their post and if it accumulates enough votes it will be removed.(You must have a minimum of 100 posts to do that)

Rambition

Rookie
I'm going to do a quick hit and run. I apologize to everyone I'm about to offend.

I read many posts and articles that I think aren't very well thought out and/or seem to be solely the product of other people's opinion and not any research they did themselves (some of them written by myself). Or ones I just think make no sense. Should I call them fat lazy idiots and go out of my way to denigrate everything they say? Or should I find a different solution.

Sometimes I just move on. Sometimes I don't bother to read them anymore. Sometimes I write a reply/comment about their article that explains why I have a problem with it. Sometimes I say something mildly disparaging about them. Why aren't those the options you guys choose with Bernie? Why the venom? Where's the golden rule? I'm not totally blameless in this matter but the occasional negative comment about Bernie being childish is a far cry from what's going on here.

If you don't like Bernie then why do you read his articles? Just so you can say bad things about him? Would you say this stuff to his face or is this just another example of our new found ability to say horrible things about someone anonymously because you can do it and pay no consequences? Are we no better than that?

Some of us like to read his articles and where is your concern for your fellow posters enjoyment? Because you don't like him you're going to pee pee on everyone else's parade? I don't usually like what he writes but sometimes he's spot on or comes up with stats that are very interesting. In any case, I always at least skim his stuff in search of a nugget of gold. Occasionally I find one. That's beside the point though.

One of the great things about a forum is that it brings so many different points of view together in one place. Stuff we can read, choose to discuss or decide to ignore. Is there no room for everyone's viewpoint when it's stated civilly and isn't troll like? I constantly tout the virtues of the ROD community to our new members. Frankly, right now I feel like I haven't been totally truthful.

Get some freaking self control and just skip the articles by Bernie if they're so offensive to you. Start treating people like you'd want to be treated.

Like I said, I apologize to any I've offended but I'm right here and it needs to be said IMO.
well-said.

VARam

I have no way of knowing if he does or doesn't. That said for a guy who is writing and covering STL sports he is the least gifted IMO of the lot, doesn't have sources to speak of, has limited access to Rams staff, does zero in the way of interviews and generally is a caustic and insulting blob when it comes to interacting with fans in writing.

He earns the flack he gets.

By far the least. Derrick Goold is heads and shoulders above all of them. It's a pity he only covers the Cards.

Alan

Legend
VARam not thinking about all the RAMifications of what he's saying:
By far the least. Derrick Goold is heads and shoulders above all of them. It's a pity he only covers the Cards.
So do you think it might be a lot easier to be thorough, comprehensive and ahead of the pack when you only have to write about one subject?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah we could let it die ,IF some people understand /accept that Bernie is a HUGE part of WHY the PD is what it is and defending him is a proxy defense of the very type of posting they supposedly left to avoid

SMH

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sorry... but I find it odd that you get to set the rules under which a thread can die?

IF certains members understand certains things? Doesn't seem to be in the spirit of this board, at least from what I've seen thus far.

That's all.

Moving on now.

Alan

Legend
Thordaddy showing his age:
?
Me too Rich. It's like a different language isn't it? :LOL: I'm happy to have meh, BTW and FWIW down. That's about it for my knowledge. I guess if I started tweeting I'd eventually learn all the abbreviations but that's not gonna happen. :ROFLMAO:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sorry... but I find it odd that you get to set the rules under which a thread can die?

IF certains members understand certains things? Doesn't seem to be in the spirit of this board, at least from what I've seen thus far.

That's all.

Moving on now.

That's all.

Moving on now.
Not my rules at all, just what it'd take FOR me to "let it die" IOW take the man as a whole and understand he's an agent provocateur and quit blaming those who recognize that fact for saying so,or screw it don't let it die , the debate isn't disturbing my homeostasis in the least.
THE MAIN REASON I don't post at the PD is Bernie there are many others here who agree with that sentiment ,are we to be silenced by those who decide to take offense in his behalf,what's he their little brother er sumpin?

I can deal with personal thin skin, but getting your self in a wad cuz I hammer a pundit who spends a whole lot of hiis time hammering people with unfounded BS ,sorry ,but I'm not sorry

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So what does SMH mean?

SMH=Shaking My Head

Btw a thread is locked when everyone has had an opportunity to have their say and there's no more purpose for it other than to cause division. This one's real close.

Alan

Legend
Prime Time with a helpful explanation:
SMH=Shaking My Head
Thanks PT. I could have spent years trying to guess the meaning and still not come up with that. :LOL:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
http://www.internetslang.com/SMH-meaning-definition.asp

Bookmark it. It will help with future acronyms. (y)

You've just opened Pandora's Box you know. Now it's going to take forever to decipher Alans posts LOL.

box-of-secrets.gif