Bernie Playing A Weak Hand

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramifications

Snead needs to find his poker face

excerpts...

"I am utterly baffled by Snead’s position of telling everyone who wants to listen – including executives from other teams – that Bradford is the Rams’ locked-in starter and BFF and the team has no interest in using the No. 2 chip on a quarterback.

This makes no sense. Why show your hand? Goodness, you’d think Snead would know that. He was hired by Rams owner Silent Stanley Kroenke — who has never shown his hand on, well, anything."

"The Rams can even run a similar game with defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. Float some rumors about how Fisher has gone bananas in his secret desire to have a team consisting of 53 defensive players. (OK, that won’t happen. Make it only 51 defensive players; Fisher will need a punter and a kicker.)

That means Fisher is determined to draft Clowney at No. 2 overall because the Rams need as many locomotive pass rushers as they can get to chase down Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson in the NFC West.

But Snead has pretty much killed that buzz already by publicly down playing the chances of the Rams opting for Clowney.

Les, buddy … you’ve got to convince teams that you’re serious about using No. 2 for a top quarterback or the best defensive player in the draft."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_5dfe0c66-486a-58d9-89c2-e339db5183d5.html

Bernie, buddy... who cares what we are going to do. Snead has already made it clear he prefers to trade down. With four teams in the top five (every team but us), and five to six in the top eight (depending on TB) needing a QB, they don't just need to worry about whether we take a QB (or ATL about us taking a DE). Obviously, they need to worry about OTHER teams trading into our spot. We didn't say we were looking for a QB in 2012, contrary to Bernie's sage advice, and that turned out OK (which is why we are sitting on the WAS 1.2 as well as our own 1.13 today). This process isn't as complicated as a detonator, Bernie, it shouldn't need a diagram or schematic.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Bernie showing once again why he's the main resource Donald Trump used in writing the "Art of the Deal"

Competition for the pick will be only marginally effected if at all by what Snead says especially about Bradford further the harm of using Bradford as a hypothetical public bargaining chip and creating a QB controversy make "Bernie grand plan" somewhat less than he trumpets it to be.

Then again ,IMO Bernie pretends to like Bradford and a QB controversy would be just his cup of tea

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

why should the rams show any interest in any qbs or clowney? they want teams to trade with them, not houston.

doughboy once again gets it all wrong with his pontificating article.

PhxRam

Bernie is just pissed that the Rams passed him over and instead hired Snead to be GM.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just a week or two ago...

Pat,,,, errrr I mean Bernie, was screaming that the Rams need to come out and publicly state that Bradford is their Man going forward.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Pat,,,, errrr I mean Bernie, was screaming that the Rams need to come out and publicly state that Bradford is their Man going forward.
:lol:
Yeah it's amazing how a mass as large as that one can sway in the lightest of breezes.
Then again if your confused about whether your name reflects being a pointer or a setter indecisiveness may come naturally.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I can see in a way what Bernie is saying, but at the end of the day I don't think it matters as far as trade value. Houston has all the leverage at this point. If they trade or who they pick predicates what follows.Even then they can only take 1 QB. So Bernie is just selling papers.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I want Bernie's job. You don't have to do any research or come up with anything new. No radio or TV program, no scheduled hours of work at all. Heck, he doesn't even interview anyone anymore. It's the cushiest sports job out there. All you have to do is write a BS sports blog whenever you want. Bernie is getting passed by. It's over for him.

There are so many sources of sports information now. If Bernie's name was Joe Doe, he would get little attention on a message board.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Yup, this is Bernie's MO. He is consistent at knee jerking.

After the 2nd Seattle game, he went on a rant about our players to not talk smack and "win with class" like the Blues and Cardinals do, then he goes out and defends Richard Sherman. Please.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Typical Bernie article. Which is why I don't read them. Teams aren't trading up to get the guy the Rams want. They're trading up to jump the two or three teams behind us. We don't need to manufacture demand. It'll either be there or it won't.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I want Bernie's job. You don't have to do any research or come up with anything new. No radio or TV program, no scheduled hours of work at all. Heck, he doesn't even interview anyone anymore. It's the cushiest sports job out there. All you have to do is write a BS sports blog whenever you want. Bernie is getting passed by. It's over for him.

There are so many sources of sports information now. If Bernie's name was Joe Doe, he would get little attention on a message board.

I couldn't agree more and the other day I was thinking "I bet that asshole doesn't even bother to go to Rams Park and talk to people, he just gleans info off of other writers and from message boards and comments on it".

He has been awful since he got in bed with Martz. I wonder if Mike is still paying him to be his image consultant or whatever he called outback then.

ZERO integrity, and this clown has a baseball HOF vote. They should revoke it.

I think he is on the selection committee for the football HOF too. That's gonna be awkward when Warner's time comes up consider the smear articles he was writing back then.

Ramifications

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:lol:
Yeah it's amazing how a mass as large as that one can sway in the lightest of breezes.
Then again if your confused about whether your name reflects being a pointer or a setter indecisiveness may come naturally.

Bernie dealing off the bottom of the deck!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bernie's problem is that he thinks GMs in the NFL are as stupid as he and his poker buddies. I bet he's right though. If Snead just says we are looking at QB with our #2 pick, there will be all sorts of teams throwing multiple 1sts at us to make it not so. Sneed needs to get better at poker. It's really just that simple-ton.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I couldn't agree more and the other day I was thinking "I bet that asshole doesn't even bother to go to Rams Park and talk to people, he just gleans info off of other writers and from message boards and comments on it".

He has been awful since he got in bed with Martz. I wonder if Mike is still paying him to be his image consultant or whatever he called outback then.

ZERO integrity, and this clown has a baseball HOF vote. They should revoke it.

I think he is on the selection committee for the football HOF too. That's gonna be awkward when Warner's time comes up consider the smear articles he was writing back then.

2dkejoi.jpg

haha, bernie the lapdog.