Bernie on with Randy K Talking Rams, Sam, and Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[101]https://soundcloud.com/101sports/bernie-miklasz-07-08-2013#t=0:00[/101]

RamBill:

On Jaws Ranking Bradford #22 on His QB Rankings List– One thing that was curious to me was that his prime criticism of Bradford was his lack of efficiency in the red zone…and that was true for the first 8 games last year….so he was basing that on some of the early games last year…Bradford was bad in the red zone in the first 8 games…rating around 62….but at the bye week the coaches changed their red zone offense because they knew their scheme wasn’t working….they put a better offense in…and Bradford was fantastic down the stretch in the red zone…9 TD’s, 1 INT, 63% comp.rate……red zone rating was 9th in the league over the final 8 games.

The point I would like to make is that the thing that Jaws said was correct…but I also think is the second part is that what Jaws wants to see–Improvement in the red zone–Bradford did actually display that as the season went on.

There is also a direct correlation in Bradford’s performance last year based on pass protection.. …in the first half of the season he had the 5th highest sack rate in the NFL and his numbers were mediocre….2nd half of the season he had the 5th lowest sack rate of NFL QB’s and his numbers jumped up considerably….this is the beef I have with people who I think aren’t fair to Bradford….they act like this is tennis…one on one…more than any other sport, play in the NFL is dependent on your teammates…when Kurt Warner had protection in St.Louis/Arizona with weapons he was as great of a QB as we’ve seen in the league….when he was with the NY Giants and they couldn’t protect him and their WR’s were mediocre…Kurt looked bad…I’m not saying Bradford is Warner, but I’m using that as an example of how an environment can affect QB play.

On Zac Stacy-- He’s a tough kid, a tough running back….talking to people that saw him play..he is a willing pass protector…I’m not saying he’ll be ready to step in day one and excell in the role….but he’s tough, he’s smart he wants to do it…he might be that guy that can provide respectable pass protection as a rookie. I think Stacy has got the goods.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rams-news.com/bernie-talks-jaws-sam-bradford-and-zac-stacy-radio-interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rams-news.com/bernie-talks-j ... interview/</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Am I the only one who thinks that Bernie is jumping on the front of the bandwagon, because he thinks Bradford is going to have a good year.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM asked:
Am I the only one who thinks that Bernie is jumping on the front of the bandwagon, because he thinks Bradford is going to have a good year.

No.

Did I tell you that I'm ambivalent about Bernie's stuff?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams stuff starts at 5:25 and goes to 10:15.

Good listen!