Bernie on why Pace and Warner should be in the HOF E$PN 101

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Les . . . why don't you think Tingelhoff is a HOFer? He was qualified and was overlooked. It seems your gripe is the process, and that's another conversation . . . but I don't get the hate for Tingelhoff . . . 7-time All-pro . . .NFL OLmen of the year in 1969 (Orlando never won that award) . . .

I don't hate him, my issue is that 37 years he never got enough respect to even become a finalist and many times wasn't even in the mix. Why now is he being enshrined? Yeah it is partly the process that's true.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I don't hate him, my issue is that 37 years he never got enough respect to even become a finalist and many times wasn't even in the mix. Why now is he being enshrined? Yeah it is partly the process that's true.
"hate" is a figure of speech, like "love" . . . "why all the Patriot hate" or Why didn't Warner get love from the HOF committee".

So, leave that aside. So, to have a serious discussion, here is the answer to your question, he is being enshrined now because he has been overlooked. That is what the senior committee is tasked to do, find players who are qualified that were overlooked. About 10 years ago Fritz Pollard and Bennie Friedman were inducted and they waited like 70 years . . . both were qualified. But overlooked.

So, why is he being inshrined now? He's a deserving player who never got a fair look.

In a year or two, Eddie Meador will be elected, in my opinion. He's deserving, but has been overlooked . . . I sure won't complain about that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"hate" is a figure of speech, like "love" . . . "why all the Patriot hate" or Why didn't Warner get love from the HOF committee".

So, leave that aside. So, to have a serious discussion, here is the answer to your question, he is being enshrined now because he has been overlooked. That is what the senior committee is tasked to do, find players who are qualified that were overlooked. About 10 years ago Fritz Pollard and Bennie Friedman were inducted and they waited like 70 years . . . both were qualified. But overlooked.

So, why is he being inshrined now? He's a deserving player who never got a fair look.

In a year or two, Eddie Meador will be elected, in my opinion. He's deserving, but has been overlooked . . . I sure won't complain about that.

I may be dead wrong about this and what you are saying makes sense.