Bernie on why Pace and Warner should be in the HOF E$PN 101

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Again like him or not, he brings up some pretty damn good stats on why Pace and Warner should be in the HOF. Damn the stat he gives on Orlando Pace is freaking amazing.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
The ONLY thing that could harm Pace is that he averaged 5.8 false starts per 16 games. He averaged 1 holding penalty per 16 games which is excellent.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

He might no doubt.. Pace is a 1st ballot. Shields like on his 4th ballot and a 12 time Pro Bowler? We'll see. Should be interesting.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

Yeah, it's a tough class

My prediction:
Warner
Bettis
Tim Brown
Charles Haley
Seau
Tingelhoff
Polian
Ron Wolf

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, it's a tough class

My prediction:
Warner
Bettis
Tim Brown
Charles Haley
Seau
Tingelhoff
Polian
Ron Wolf

Bettis has no business in the HOF and I'd bet that if he was honest he'd agree.

Tinglehoff has been passes over how many times? I actually had to go look to see when he retired, 1978! Why is he even still beimng considered. I think the HOF should put a cap on time to be eligible. And they should remove the 5 have to go in, because it lets guys in that don't belong. It's becoming the Hall of Very Good.

I love Jerome, he's a favorite of mine. But he can't go in the HOF.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinglehoff has been passes over how many times? I actually had to go look to see when he retired, 1978! Why is he even still beimng considered. I think the HOF should put a cap on time to be eligible. And they should remove the 5 have to go in, because it lets guys in that don't belong. It's becoming the Hall of Very Good.

Yeah but man Tinglehoff was from 1962 to 1978 as an OL man. That's a Jim Otto type career in a rough league. Wow.. Here's his bio on nfl.com.

"Tingelhoff anchored an offensive line that helped the Vikings claim 10 divisional titles in an 11-season span. He was an All-NFL or All-Pro selection seven times."

However, I do agree on a cap time and also agree they not need put 5 in every year. Does the MLB even do that? I thought not? If it gets watered down as you said in Hall of Very Good, then why is it so special?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah but man Tinglehoff was from 1962 to 1978 as an OL man. That's a Jim Otto type career in a rough league. Wow.. Here's his bio on nfl.com.

"Tingelhoff anchored an offensive line that helped the Vikings claim 10 divisional titles in an 11-season span. He was an All-NFL or All-Pro selection seven times."

However, I do agree on a cap time and also agree they not need put 5 in every year. Does the MLB even do that? I thought not? If it gets watered down as you said in Hall of Very Good, then why is it so special?

It's kind of become that already. Guys that have "name recognition" get in after failing to get in many times because they need to put people in.

RamBill

Legend
Bernie Miklasz joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about who holds an advantage in the Big Game, how much this teams are built alike, the X-factors in the game, and they discussed at length the Hall of Fame and the former Rams chances.

Listen to Bernie Talk HOF

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Again like him or not, he brings up some pretty damn good stats on why Pace and Warner should be in the HOF. Damn the stat he gives on Orlando Pace is freaking amazing.

Does not sound like Bernie's stats worked

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Tinglehoff was a senior nominee - his selection had no effect on the standard vote. It was strictly let him in or not, not select him over the others.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Tinglehoff was a senior nominee - his selection had no effect on the standard vote. It was strictly let him in or not, not select him over the others.

It's the idea.

He hasn't played in three decades.......now he gets in?

HOF is losing cred.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
It's the idea.

HOF is losing cred.

In some ways it's gaining cred. Tingelhoff was punsihed for being on 4 losing Super Bowl teams. Tarkenton was not first ballot, Eller waited forever, Tinglehoff waited forever, Ron Yary waited forever, Paul Krause waited forever, Bud Grant waited a long time,. Small-minded voters kept them out too long, now, the committee is righting a few wrong.

Now, I wanted Kurt get in today, but one guy you like, Haley got in. But Kevin Greene didn't. Look at their stats and see what you think.

upload_2015-1-31_21-51-55.png

upload_2015-1-31_21-52-38.png

upload_2015-1-31_21-53-9.png

upload_2015-1-31_21-54-3.png

upload_2015-1-31_21-54-33.png

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's the idea.

HOF is losing cred.
Sometimes people fall through the cracks... I personally think the whole idea of "senior" nominees essentially being a separate category helps us remember the history of the game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sometimes people fall through the cracks... I personally think the whole idea of "senior" nominees essentially being a separate category helps us remember the history of the game.

He wasn't even a finalist for the last 37 years and now he gets in because the committee is required to put one "senior" in and in my opinion it's a bad rule, in fact the HOF needs to revamp its process because they are diluting the honor.

Bettis? C'mon, even he has to feel a little uncomfortable with this.........

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
He wasn't even a finalist for the last 37 years and now he gets in because the committee is required to put one "senior" in and in my opinion it's a bad rule, in fact the HOF needs to revamp its process because they are diluting the honor.

They aren't required to put him in. The senior committee sends up 1 person each year...they still need the 80% by the regular committee. In my mind it takes from nothing, as other have said it is often guys who were overlooked. I honestly think it may end up being the way some guys like Holt may get in. There are guys that get backlogged or passed over due to politics or due to being on a losing team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah, it's a tough class

My prediction:
Warner
Bettis
Tim Brown
Charles Haley
Seau
Tingelhoff
Polian
Ron Wolf
With the exception of Warner, you nailed it!

In some ways it's gaining cred. Tingelhoff was punsihed for being on 4 losing Super Bowl teams. Tarkenton was not first ballot, Eller waited forever, Tinglehoff waited forever, Ron Yary waited forever, Paul Krause waited forever, Bud Grant waited a long time,. Small-minded voters kept them out too long, now, the committee is righting a few wrong.

Now, I wanted Kurt get in today, but one guy you like, Haley got in. But Kevin Greene didn't. Look at their stats and see what you think.

View attachment 5206

View attachment 5207

View attachment 5208

View attachment 5209

View attachment 5210

This^ = Greene Screwed over again!!:(:mad:

lockdnram21

Legend

he was a beast for the steelers. he deserves it

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

Les . . . why don't you think Tingelhoff is a HOFer? He was qualified and was overlooked. It seems your gripe is the process, and that's another conversation . . . but I don't get the hate for Tingelhoff . . . 7-time All-pro . . .NFL OLmen of the year in 1969 (Orlando never won that award) . . .