Bernie Miklasz to leave 101 ESPN/St. Louis sports radio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
The major quaking in St. Louis sports-talk radio now is shifting to hit the market leader in the format, as Bernie Miklasz is set to leave WXOS in order to expand his duties at his primary employer, the Post-Dispatch and its website, STLtoday.com.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/other/miklasz-set-to-leave-radio/article_a24a5fa7-8349-59f3-a875-80c5d3ed2096.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/other/mi ... d2096.html</a>

This is pretty big news for STL sports radio.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow. That is a surprising move.

I wonder what he's doing "more of" at the Post?

Lesson

Oh, really?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:

From what I understood from the article, he'd update his blogs more frequently, post in his forum more often, etc. It also sounds like he'll some sort of show similar to what Burwell has, but I'm not too sure on that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lesson said:
CGI_Ram said:

From what I understood from the article, he'd update his blogs more frequently, post in his forum more often, etc. It also sounds like he'll some sort of show similar to what Burwell has, but I'm not too sure on that.

Yeah, his comments on blogging are interesting. It's nice to see his "modern opinion" of that media.

I know Bernie catches some heat in some circles; but I've always liked the guy.

It's also nice to hear him talk about his life changes and what appears a shift toward some work/life balance. You got to admire that. Good for him!

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
You wont hear me sobbing. Bernie got on my nerves a lot and was very obnoxious at times with his "im better than you" attitude...Arrogance...JMO.

Likely means more of guys like Stully! and Randy K! :bg:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
biggame1190 said:
You wont hear me sobbing. Bernie got on my nerves a lot and was very obnoxious at times with his "im better than you" attitude...Arrogance...JMO.

Likely means more of guys like Stully! and Randy K! :bg:
Perhaps, but I do believe he is the best sports journalist in St. Louis. Burwell has the potential to be the best (see: the Marshall Faulk article before his hall of fame ceremony), but sometimes I think he just writes/says things to be controversial. I think Bernie gets tired of all of the trolls on his forum, and as anyone who posted on Ramstalk/Bernies PressBox knows, there are a lot of trolls who post there. I also think some of the trolls saturate his radio show and he has to spend time countering the trolls and it got on his nerves.

The other thing about Bernie is something I can relate to as a board certified physician. There are a lot of people who think they know more about your field than you do. Bernie has behind the scene contacts/sources that none of us are able to talk to. He has a much better idea of what's going on, yet people criticize his explanations constantly. I can tell you from that perspective, it drives us crazy. I think that may also be playing a role in his "I know better than you" attitude, because in general, he probably does.