Bernie Kosar: Concussions cost me a broadcasting job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Bernie Kosar: Concussions cost me a broadcasting job
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 24, 2014

kosar-e1376652663947.jpg
AP

Former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar says concussions suffered during his NFL career have caused him to develop a speech problem, which in turn led to his dismissal as the color commentator for Browns preseason games.

“I was informed yesterday by the Cleveland Browns and WKYC that I have been replaced as a 2014 preseason game day color commentator,” Kosar said in a statement, via Tom Reed of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I believe that this decision stems from my slurred speech impairment, which is a direct result of the many concussions I received while playing in the NFL.”

Kosar’s slurred speech was noticeable when he was hired for the job, however, which raises the question of why he would get fired for it now if the Browns and WKYC didn’t have any problem with his speech at the time they hired him. It seems much more likely that Kosar’s unprofessional comments during a preseason game last year, and the DUI Kosar got a month later, caused the Browns and WKYC to conclude that he’s not someone they want representing them.

But Kosar believes he’s the right person for the job.

“I would hope that WKYC would reconsider utilizing my in-game talents and overlook my concussion-induced impairment,” Kosar said.

That’s probably not going to happen. But Kosar’s comments will, if nothing else, cause the lawyers for the Browns and the NFL to take notice: At a time when concussion litigation is a major concern in pro football, this is a prominent former player claiming that concussions are costing him the opportunity to make a living now that his playing days are over.
------------------------------
Where concussions responsible for some of Kosar's comments about the Rams or was he correct?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No, being a douchebag cost you a broadcasting job.

What a crock of shit, blaming concussions for his lack of professionalism.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thank God I won't have to listen to The Pride of Cleveland during another preseason game this year.

Maybe his daughter can get him a job.

Fuck all Bernies.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
He should have went with Aspergers. That way he could continue to say what he wants.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No Bernie... Being a drunken horses ass cost you your broadcasting job. Seriously though - I blame the microphone.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Um ... didn't he get paid well to be an NFL quarterback?

It's not anyone else's fault he squandered it to the point that he can't just watch the games at home where no one else has to listen to his drunk douche bag comments.

jap

Legend
He should have went with Aspergers. That way he could continue to say what he wants.

A mild form of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome might be more appropriate given Kosar's penchant for bad mouthing players. :ROFLMAO:

Alan

Legend
Those TYT idiots are possibly even worse than Kosar. At least Bernie has alcohol and brain injuries to blame his actions on.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
freak all Bernies.

Now, now let's not get carried away being an anti-Bernie-ite. How about Bernie Casey? Yes, he was drafted by the 49ers but then came to his senses and played for the Rams from 67 to 68. Then there's Bernie Taupin who wrote all those cool lyrics for Elton John. :cool: Out of all of humanity those are the only two "good" Bernie's I can think of. I had a neighbor named Bernie but he was a drunken oaf. Oh well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Now, now let's not get carried away being an anti-Bernie-ite. How about Bernie Casey? Yes, he was drafted by the 49ers but then came to his senses and played for the Rams from 67 to 68. Then there's Bernie Taupin who wrote all those cool lyrics for Elton John. :cool: Out of all of humanity those are the only two "good" Bernie's I can think of. I had a neighbor named Bernie but he was a drunken oaf. Oh well.

I guess those 2 could be pardoned.

LOL

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I once defeated a Bernie in hand to hand combat. It was the epic battle of Ernie vs Bernie. It took place at the school bus stop back in 1983. I dropped him with a single power shot to the stomach. No other Bernie dared confront me from that day on.

PhxRam

I once defeated a Bernie in hand to hand combat. It was the epic battle of Ernie vs Bernie. It took place at the school bus stop back in 1983. I dropped him with a single power shot to the stomach. No other Bernie dared confront me from that day on.

Lmao..

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Those TYT idiots are possibly even worse than Kosar. At least Bernie has alcohol and brain injuries to blame his actions on.
Yeah but that girl is hot. That voice(sexy)...she's obviously been well-schooled in her oral skills.

iced

Yeah but that girl is hot. That voice(sexy)...she's obviously been well-schooled in her oral skills.

I thought you were talking about Bernie's daughter for a second (she plays wide receiver for bang bros)

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Bernie Casey played for the Rams?? So cool. Loved him in Revenge of the Nerds: "hold it coach!" "You just hold it right there". Lambda, Lambda, Lambda. LOL!