Bernie: Defenses adjusting to Austin Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about concentrating on the content instead of the writer? We already had a big discussion about Bernie and there's no point in rehashing old stuff.

Athos

Legend
Agreed. He did some research...or maybe he copied someone else's research. Either way that's some decent analysis about Davis and his tendencies,

Even bitter tub of butter Bernie will hit on a decent point and write a decent article once in a blue moon. I think the lame PD writers started infecting him a few years ago.

But solid piece on Davis' tendencies.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I think Bernie is a closet 9er's fan..........

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
All I know is Davis has really crapped the bed the last two games and missed some huge opportunities that should have went for TD's. We all know what his fatal flaw is.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You picked out one point that doesn't really have much to do with the thrust of his article and that's what you focus on? :LOL:

I'm much more interested on all the other stuff he talked about, some of which I bolded and colorized. Nothing to say about those points?

Actually I did read it. Every word of it.

I got irked at this article because of 2 reasons: bringing up Schotty and the timing of this article.

Its getting tiring with bringing up the OC. I have made my opinion clear on it: blaming/criticism on the OC needs to be taken out to the pasture.

Second, this is victory Monday. It annoys me the day after a win we get an article like this. We get it, any fan could tell you a 3rd string QB will have issues. Especially on an injured offense.

BTW sum1, I don't care about PFF. IMO it ruins this ugly game of football.Positive or negative. I think Aaron Donald has a great PFF grade. I don't care. I'm more interested in how he plays. Not some computer generated number. I don't care about stats, and when I bring them up I do so very cautiously to make sure their not twisted.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram still angry lol:
Actually I did read it. Every word of it.
OK, I didn't ask you if you read it and I already understood why you were upset. ;) While I think it was an unfair characterization of the article, I was/am only interested in what you think of his other points. Especially the bolded and colorized ones.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
OK, I didn't ask you if you read it and I already understood why you were upset. ;) While I think it was an unfair characterization of the article, I was/am only interested in what you think of his other points. Especially the bolded and colorized ones.

Yes, anyone could watch the game and see the OL has issues the past 2 weeks. We've all known that. I can (begrudgingly) admit this was one of the "better" Bernie articles than what he usually conjures up, but his rep kinda makes it hard for me to take him seriously.

He brings up PFF numbers with regards to Scott Wells. Like I said in my previous post, I don't care about PFF. Positive or negative. That's just my personal stance, some people love PFF. I don't.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The problem is, if you look at a lot of Bernie's content...negative or positive...it usually has facts and stats in it somewhere. And in more cases than not there is a lot of butt-hurt going on about something he said that there shouldn't be...such as Angry Ram's post. As I was reading the OP I was thinking, "Well, if teams are trying to force him to the right because he hasn't had success in that direction the Rams need to do a couple things...figure out how to stop teams from forcing him to the right and/or scheme the passing game to the right in ways to make it easier on Davis." Hardly any blame that way...oh, and let's just be completely honest, what percentage of Rams fans hasn't been critical of Schottenheimer (which again, Bernies state simply wasn't blaming or being critical)?

I won't continue another Bernie debate...but I will say this, if you look at these statements and really don't see any value in the stats he offered or think he was being negative/critical...I think it says more about you as a reader than it does about him as a writer.
You may very well have a good point. However, speaking for myself, I've stopped reading or paying any attention to anything he says or writes a long time ago.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
You may very well have a good point. However, speaking for myself, I've stopped reading or paying any attention to anything he says or writes a long time ago.
Haha...so why exactly did you click on a thread in which his name is the first word?