Benny Cunningham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
All this talk of Mason Competing for the starting job. Cunningham is the one Tre and Zac better worry about.
IMO if Cunningham would have gotten the same opportunity Zac got vs the Jags it would have been same result maybe better. Hes now a year removed from knee surgery. Hes probably the fastest out of the three. I know he needs to work on the fumbling but i dont think that will be a problem this year. Fisher probablyTold Tre hes competing for starting job. He probably told Benny to

A55VA6

Legend
All 3 have an opportunity to start, and I can see all 3 getting carries in games.

If Zac's production falls and Tre or Benny outperform him, it's really anyones game. You have to run the ball with whoever is running well at the time. With that said, Stacy is definitely the starter right now until something happens that says he shouldn't be. He really showed alot in his rookie year.

RustyRay

Rookie
Its a great problem for the Rams to figure out. The depth at RB now is pretty dang good....When Pead is 4th string? Or maybe the Watts kid....who is also a really talented back.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its a great problem for the Rams to figure out. The depth at RB now is pretty dang good....When Pead is 4th string? Or maybe the Watts kid....who is also a really talented back.

Watts to slow.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I liked what I saw of Cunningham last year...but with that said we only really saw significant playing time of him in one game. I don't really think thats enough to have quite the opinion that he should be competing for starter or totally erases all doubt of need for a quality backup.

FRO

Legend
There will be pressure on Stacy to perform, that's for sure. He looked great last year. As did Cunningham. Way more optimistic this year than last.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
If this "O" line lives up to the hype or let's say "expectations", all the RB's will need to do is "see the hole", "run through the hole" and hold on tight..

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If this "O" line lives up to the hype or let's say "expectations", all the RB's will need to do is "see the hole", "run through the hole" and hold on tight..

Pead better tap a piece of paper with that to the inside of his facemask so he doesnt forget lol

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Better than Stacy? I seriously doubt it.

Pead is a better pass protector than Stacy. Easily better, actually. Stacy is adequate. Pead is great.

Too bad Pead's best qualities are blocking and catching, but he can't run the ball. He would be a good slot receiver.

moklerman

Warner-phile
So far, it seems to me that Stacy has the gift of vision. It can't be taught so whatever shortcomings he might have physically are secondary to him finding and hitting the right holes. Richardson's probably more physically gifted as well as Pead but those guys can't see the field. It's kind of along the lines of QB's who can read a defense and process everything. The one's who can, play. There are a ton of physically gifted RB's who can't produce. Stacy's job is safe if he's healthy unless one of these other guys shows the type of vision he has along with better skills.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Personally I hope a healthy Stacy wins the Job by performing well. I am kinda over the sophomore slumps of our players and hope Zac has a nice follow up to his rookie campaign. Benny and Tre performing as starter quality, change of pace backs would be great. Zac, Benny and Tre all performing and staying healthy giving us depth and versatility would be great, a dream of a situation. I am not ruling out an improved and contributing IP either. Fingers crossed.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Pead is a better pass protector than Stacy. Easily better, actually. Stacy is adequate. Pead is great.

Too bad Pead's best qualities are blocking and catching, but he can't run the ball. He would be a good slot receiver.
I hear he's the best pass blocker a lot, where is this coming from? I'm not sure if he is or isn't I just want to kno y you think so..

Memphis Ram

Legend
Stacy's vision makes him, IMO. It's wait and see on Mason in that area and I'll have to re-watch Cunningham some more. But oddly enough, I thought Chase Reynolds showed pretty good vision during his limited preseason opportunities, too. Better than Pead and Richardson.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Stacys vision and amazing balance does it for me.

Beat me too it, I'd rather have the problem we have this year of having a proven RB who may be beaten out by better players than the problem we had last year of having a proven back up and forcing him into a starter role.

jjab360

Legend

Yeah, um... not really? I'm not sure where you guys are getting that from, but it's just not true. Stacy's best qualities which directly translate to blocking are his functional strength and balance and those are two of Pead's biggest weaknesses. I think you guys saw something in preseason which didn't translate to the regular season once Stacy got some seasoning under his belt and Pead went up against real NFL players. Stacy doesn't just get in the way, he stonewalls guys and stops them in their tracks. I could hardly say the same thing of Pead.

Statistically, Stacy allowed 3 QB pressures in 71 pass block snaps for a rate of 1 pressure every 23.6 snaps . Pead allowed 2 QB pressure in 13 snaps for a rate of 1 pressure every 6.5 snaps.

Yeah, um... not really? I'm not sure where you guys are getting that from, but it's just not true. Stacy's best qualities which directly translate to blocking are his functional strength and balance and those are two of Pead's biggest weaknesses. I think you guys saw something in preseason which didn't translate to the regular season once Stacy got some seasoning under his belt and Pead went up against real NFL players. Stacy doesn't just get in the way, he stonewalls guys and stops them in their tracks. I could hardly say the same thing of Pead.

Statistically, Stacy allowed 3 QB pressures in 71 pass block snaps for a rate of 1 pressure every 23.6 snaps . Pead allowed 2 QB pressure in 13 snaps for a rate of 1 pressure every 6.5 snaps.

I'm not sure where it comes from either, I'd have to watch every play to get a complete idea but on a few of our big plays Stacy's blocking stands out as excellent.