Benny Cunningham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
fastcat said:
Dr beat out Pead last year in preseason becuase Pead didn't hit the holes like DR and I think he fumbled twice. Pead is being giving every opportunity to redeem himself even tho on film he still doesn't like to press the hole. If DR (Last year) or Cunningham played like Pead did this preseason or last preseason they would have been cut probably in the first round of cuts becuase they were longshots to make the roster anyway and lilttle $ would have been lost. But Pead, being a 2nd round pick is gaurenteed a roster spot no matter how bad he plays becuaae of the $ situation. Pead has the potential to be special and everyone can see that but he needs to get his head together.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

A roster spot - yes. Playing time? Not so much. Quick has over $3 mil more reasons to start in that scenario.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fisher is concerned with wins. Period. Rookie coaches may feel a need to justify their draft picks, but Fisher is going to play the guys who give him the best chance to win.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
Fisher is concerned with wins. Period. Rookie coaches may feel a need to justify their draft picks, but Fisher is going to play the guys who give him the best chance to win.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
That's the way I see it too.

sent via Tapatalk.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
RamFan503 said:
fastcat said:
Dr beat out Pead last year in preseason becuase Pead didn't hit the holes like DR and I think he fumbled twice. Pead is being giving every opportunity to redeem himself even tho on film he still doesn't like to press the hole. If DR (Last year) or Cunningham played like Pead did this preseason or last preseason they would have been cut probably in the first round of cuts becuase they were longshots to make the roster anyway and lilttle $ would have been lost. But Pead, being a 2nd round pick is gaurenteed a roster spot no matter how bad he plays becuaae of the $ situation. Pead has the potential to be special and everyone can see that but he needs to get his head together.

A roster spot - yes. Playing time? Not so much. Quick has over $3 mil more reasons to start in that scenario.

That's what I said... A roster spot

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
fastcat said:
That's what I said... A roster spot

I agree then. To an extent. I don't think you are going to see teams hold onto high picks as long because the money invested, though higher than lower picks, is not franchise crushing higher - especially when you take into account how much less is being paid out to first rounders.

Playing time however won't really be affected all that much by draft position on its own.