Benny Cunningham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

are we to assume that cunningham will strictly be the kickoff returner and nothing else?

didn't get a look in week 1. now pead is back and fisher wants to use stacy more. does this mean cunningham will not see a snap as a rb this season?

jjab360

Legend
The cream always rises to the top. Benny will get his chance, starting with a good showing at KR.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

that's what i was thinking about pead.

jjab360

Legend
kurtfaulk said:

that's what i was thinking about pead.

In this example, Benny is the cream and Pead is just… the other stuff, lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kurtfaulk said:

are we to assume that cunningham will strictly be the kickoff returner and nothing else?

didn't get a look in week 1. now pead is back and fisher wants to use stacy more. does this mean cunningham will not see a snap as a rb this season?

Gotta start somewhere....

Right now it's Richardson's job to lose, and I don't think he's gonna lose it. If Pead fails to live up to his potential, then they'll start alternating guys in there behind Richardson, and I'm sure Cunningham will get some snaps under that scenario. But if Richardson stays healthy, and Pead gets his shit together, then it'll be hard to get any PT being the 4th RB.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I want to see bennie, get an opportunity to run the rock. I think he can be a stud in the league or a capable backup with starter potential... I don't know about his hands tho... And I hope he isn't yanked from kr duties to put the indecisive fumbler in there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

tonyl711

Starter
I think he stays the KR, Pead has shown he cant return kick offs. and unless Pead starts doing something running the ball he will probably lose that job too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher is careful with young players, especially with young players that only played 4 games last season and are coming off a major injury.

I think the Rams are purposely limiting Cunninghams touches to bring him along slowly. If they need him in midsession he willbe healthier and fresh.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think we'll see him get some snaps at some point. Start getting him used to handling the ball against NFL caliber players at KR - then get him some snaps with fresh legs when others are starting to wane.

jap

Legend
Elmgrovegnome said:
Fisher is careful with young players, especially with young players that only played 4 games last season and are coming off a major injury.

I think the Rams are purposely limiting Cunninghams touches to bring him along slowly. If they need him in midsession he willbe healthier and fresh.

Yes, for a while there I thought Benny was destined for the PUP list. However, he rallied strongly and was declared healthy enough to compete just before training camp. However, an old pro and player's coach like Fish would tend to err on the side of caution and make sure his young buck is ready for the regular season NFL wars before he puts him out there.

Benny has performed better at KR than anyone else not named Tavon. I kind of like that little ball of muscle moving with high momentum towards opposing defenders. :cheese: However, I don't know if he is nearly as comfortable with the designed RB plays as the two front runners. Even Zac Stacy has lost some time due to injury during TC/pre-season.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If he's good enough then he will get snaps there. If it takes a while then it takes awhile. This coaching staff is going to give the best player the snaps, if Cunningham never beats out Pead then there's a reason for that, and it wont be based on his draft status.

Ram4life11

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
If he's good enough then he will get snaps there. If it takes a while then it takes awhile. This coaching staff is going to give the best player the snaps, if Cunningham never beats out Pead then there's a reason for that, and it wont be based on his draft status.

Draft position doesn't matter? Haha really? What world are you on? He clearly out played Stacey in the preseason, but of course since Stacey was drafted they wouldn't let Cunningham take his spot. And he arguably out played Pead. It's a business, the players that get the most money, get the most opportunities..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram4life11 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Draft position doesn't matter? Haha really? What world are you on? He clearly out played Stacey in the preseason, but of course since Stacey was drafted they wouldn't let Cunningham take his spot. And he arguably out played Pead. It's a business, the players that get the most money, get the most opportunities..

And in your world DR is the #1 RB - WHY exactly?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram4life11 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Explain how or why Richardson (7th round) beat out Pead (2nd round). Or why Pettis is ahead of Quick. Best player gets the playing time under Fisher, because coaches don't typically care about money. That's not their concern. Winning is.

sent via Tapatalk.

Ram4life11

Rookie
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Explain how or why Richardson (7th round) beat out Pead (2nd round). Or why Pettis is ahead of Quick. Best player gets the playing time under Fisher, because coaches don't typically care about money. That's not their concern. Winning is.

sent via Tapatalk.

DRich was so fare ahead of Pead by the time Pead got to summer camp. Pead never had a chance to win the spot he was so fare behind. If Pead would have reported at the same time it would have been Pead's spot to lose...

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
RamFan503 with the crucial question:
And in your world DR is the #1 RB - WHY exactly?

Great point.

Although I do think what Ram4life said does have some merit. There's no doubt in my mind that high draft picks get the benefit of the doubt. That only works for a while though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram4life11 said:
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
bluecoconuts said:

sent via Tapatalk.

DRich was so fare ahead of Pead by the time Pead got to summer camp. Pead never had a chance to win the spot he was so fare behind. If Pead would have reported at the same time it would have been Pead's spot to lose...
You know that how? And Quick? It was because he was unfamiliar with the playbook and the intricacies of an NFL offense of course. Which only reinforces the point that it doesn't matter where you're drafted. You're either ready to go, or you take a back seat.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram4life11 said:
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
bluecoconuts said:

sent via Tapatalk.

Well it was and he did. And Pettis/Quick fits in there how? Where's Watkins?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This week, if I had to guess...

DRich gets 70% of the snaps.

Pead gets 25% most of which on 3rd down.

Stacy may get a few snaps to stay sharp?

Cunningham and Stacy are in a fight for playing time. As rookies, I'm okay with that.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Dr beat out Pead last year in preseason becuase Pead didn't hit the holes like DR and I think he fumbled twice. Pead is being giving every opportunity to redeem himself even tho on film he still doesn't like to press the hole. If DR (Last year) or Cunningham played like Pead did this preseason or last preseason they would have been cut probably in the first round of cuts becuase they were longshots to make the roster anyway and lilttle $ would have been lost. But Pead, being a 2nd round pick is gaurenteed a roster spot no matter how bad he plays becuaae of the $ situation. Pead has the potential to be special and everyone can see that but he needs to get his head together.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2