Benny Cunningham UDFA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Does anyone have more info on Benny Cunningham? I saw a some of his highlight video, he looks very impressive. Where does he fit in with our RB depth, and is there anymore film on him?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13630&p=113213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13630&p=113213</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?p=112882#p112882" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=112882#p112882</a>

Ram4life11

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Everything I've seen from him, makes me think he could definitely be a 2nd team back for us... With our lack of depth at RB, he could really be coming in to compete as the 2nd team RB

lockdnram21

Legend
If he gets healthy by the time camp starts he could compete for the starting rb spot. Hes 220 and runs a high 4.3 low 4.4's

jap

Legend
Cunningham, Stacy, or Gannaway can all bring the Thunder to the D. Isaiah, Daryl, and Tavon are the Lightning. It will be interesting to see how many RB's Fish & Co. decide to carry.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jap said:
Cunningham, Stacy, or Gannaway can all bring the Thunder to the D. Isaiah, Daryl, and Tavon are the Lightning. It will be interesting to see how many RB's Fish & Co. decide to carry.
Who would you keep, and who would you try to stash on the PS?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Little doubt, barring injury, our RB Corp looks like this; Pead, Richardson, Stacy

Last year we kept 4 on the active roster... Gannaway in for a battle here.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Dude said:
jap said:

Me personally? I'd keep four: Pead, Richardson, Stacy, and Ganaway. Would try to stash Cunningham on the PS if he impresses enough.

jap

Legend
The Dude said:
jap said:
Benny Cunningham, Zac Stacy, or Terrance Ganaway can all bring the Thunder to the D. Isaiah, Daryl, and Tavon are the Lightning. It will be interesting to see how many RB's Fish & Co. decide to carry.

It depends on how many RB's Fish wants to keep. If he wants to roll with five, the above names sans Tavon could well be our Fab Five. If Fish elects to keep four RB's while storing/"hiding" one guy on the practice, then things get interesting.

You can't stash the Lightning crew. Daryl showed enough to make himself interesting - he probably played too much to be eligible for PS duty too. Isaiah was starting to come on near the end of last season and has electric moves when he was flourishing at Cincinnati in college. Tavon is Tavon, plus he is officially regarded as a WR, even though everyone knows he's Mr. Everything.

Obviously, they are high on Zac since they moved up to get him. Benny had two back-to-back 200+-yard games before blowing out his knee. I thought he was much more than a nice consolation prize for losing out on Marcus Lattimore . . . to the damn '9ers of all teams. It may come down to how versatile Terrance is. If he can spell Lance Kendricks at the FB position while serving effectively as a third-&-short or fourth-&-short hammer, Fish & Schotty will have to decide whether he has more upside than Benny's apparently enormous potential. Of course, this also depends on how fast and how well Benny is recovering from injury. It would almost surely come down to those two.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I really have to try to get out to camp this year and see how these position battles take shape.
It's nice to have an overabundance of *potential* talent at various positions for once.

jap

Legend
The Dude said:
I really have to try to get out to camp this year and see how these position battles take shape.
It's nice to have an overabundance of *potential* talent at various positions for once.

It is so sweet to actually have a front office brass crew who is willing to do whatever they have to get the best players for their offensive/defensive/ST schemes.

lockdnram21

Legend
If benny is healthy by camp, he could be the best back. The only reason he didnt get drafted was because teams were scared because of his knee. Hes bigger then all the backs except for ganaway. When healthy hes faster or just as fast as pead and richardson. So I think if hes healthy he could sneak on the team and get the starting job. I know it sounds like a long shot, but why else would they pick him up. Hes a bruiser with speed.

tagfeet

UDFA
Benny Cunningham is a freak! He is bowling ball on feet! Here is an article on him...he says he's been clocked at 4.4 even 4.3 speed before his knee injury! He says he will be at full speed when training camp comes! He catches out of the back field too...I just have to see if he can block!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dnj.com/article/20130422/BLUERAIDERS01/304220040/MTSU-s-Cunningham-aces-pre-draft-workout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dnj.com/article/20130422/BLU ... ft-workout</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It wouldn't surprise me if Ganaway is the odd man out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
tagfeet said:
Benny Cunningham is a freak! He is bowling ball on feet! Here is an article on him...he says he's been clocked at 4.4 even 4.3 speed before his knee injury! He says he will be at full speed when training camp comes! He catches out of the back field too...I just have to see if he can block!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dnj.com/article/20130422/BLUERAIDERS01/304220040/MTSU-s-Cunningham-aces-pre-draft-workout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dnj.com/article/20130422/BLU ... ft-workout</a>
That was a good read. Sounds like a workout warrior who has a passion for the game. The torn patella thing kinda worries me, because it seems like that's what cut Mark Clayton's career short. Though, of course, Clayton was no spring chicken either. And my only other gripe is the name Cunningham. He's gonna have to go ahead and change that if he wants to play for MY Rams. Every time I hear that name, this image pops into my head.

h7M1QvE.jpg

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like how we are "moving on" from SJAX. Onward and upward.

jap

Legend
tagfeet said:

He's definitely a most interesting prospect. I would be nice to see him work his way into the Rams RB committee. As his knee strengthens he may very well take the lead role.

Benny would have been drafted had he not tore up his knee. He's a good kid with some talent. I saw a lot of him when he was in HS as he went to a local Nashville powerhouse(Goodpasture). We also graduated from the same university, MTSU.

Fisher probably knows quite a bit about him as Fishers son, currently enrolled at Auburn, played at a rival HS(CPA). So Fisher probably noticed him early on.