Benny Cunningham signs with the Bears

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Good for him I hope he gets paid.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bears? I see Benny on the Raiders.

Benny get paid? Naw, 2 year deal at best...Probably around 4 to 5 million a year....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is working against guys like Benny this year is that RB class. Insanely deep, and on top of that teams know they can find good backs in most drafts into midrounds. And all those dudes are cheaper labor for a depth chart.

Benny does offer a known quantity on returns, and good balanced run/pass production though, so he might get a solid offer. Hope he stays with us though, as we have enough needs to address in this draft.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not bad, gonna be a hard situation there in Chicago though. Passing game is in turmoil, the RB depth is unclear. Let's hope he comes out the best RB of that group! Go Benny!

A lot of young backs. Weird situation he put himself into. But I think he can win the #2 spot and split carries.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A lot of young backs. Weird situation he put himself into. But I think he can win the #2 spot and split carries.

They signed him as a kick returner as to running back, with Howard, Langford & Carey it won't be easy. Don't understand why he signed with the Bears and why the Colts did not bring him in.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hate to see him go. Hope he does well though. Would we get a draft pick if he does?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny,how a little "no" sounded within me, when I saw this thread. Benny was a good solid player for us, and I wish him the best in Chicago, unless the Bears play US, of course.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0636023740819312710-4

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

Former Rams running back and kick returner Benny Cunningham has moved on, agreeing on a one-year deal with the Bears, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Under Sean McVay, the Rams sought a more versatile, change-of-pace back who could be a threat in the passing game, a la Chris Thompson, which is why they signed Lance Dunbar.

They didn't have much use for a traditional backup like Cunningham, but he was good behind a bad offensive line this year, and they'll miss him on kickoff returns. They're hoping Pharoh Cooper can shine there.

TexasRam

Legend
Benny had a lot of Success where Gurley did not. The kid has talent.

I wish him well and sorry to see him go.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
That's a bummer. Benny was really one of a few players who would consistently show up and exceed expectations. He'll be missed, but he's a great addition for the Bears. I hope he has continued success in Chicago.