Benny Cunningham ready...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yamahopper said:
I'm glad he's ready to roll. I still think if he is healthy he will make the team, unhealthy he gets IR'd for the season. If he shows anything at all the PS would be out of the question.
If the Rams continue to dress 3 RB's on game day his best way to get on the field maybe special teams.

I honestly feel he's one of our best 3 RB's if he's healthy...

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Read an opinion from a league wide source this mourning that contended that the Rams have 2 starting caliber RBs(Pead and DR) and may have a third in Stacy. If thats the case there will be a great battle for that 4th slot, assuming we keep 4. Thats a battle Im excited to watch this camp.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I know I've been gone for a while, but I don't get why this guy is getting hype? To me he's still and UDFA.

Of course I hope he or any UDFA becomes a "steal" but right now...UDFA.

nighttrain

Legend
RamFan503 said:
albefree69 said:
I don't know where AngryMan is when you need him but until he makes an appearance I'll have to do my Debbie Downer impression.

I think some of our RBs won't get a fair chance to show their stuff. 5+ RBs, many of which won't get to have the benefit of first line blocking, with limited amount of touches. Why isn't DR the de facto number one? Because the blocking he was getting early in the season wasn't there and the offensive scheme had changed.

I suppose that is always possible but I think this coaching staff will figure it out. And just an FYI there are seven RBs listed on the roster right now.

As far as a defacto #1 RB, I don't think DR is that kind of back anyway. It may sound silly but he could very well be on the bubble. I know he did well behind SJ but I also don't think he saw fewer carries as the season wore on just because SJ got healthy. I also can't see DR taking the bulk of the carries over a season. I realize he is just a slight bit smaller than Pead but he just seems a bit more frail to me. I'm not even sure why and it probably is just me watching SJ all those years and then seeing DR come in. But for some reason, I thought Pead looked bigger and stronger.
Pead faster and better hands
train

Ram4life11

Rookie
nighttrain said:
RamFan503 said:
albefree69 said:
I don't know where AngryMan is when you need him but until he makes an appearance I'll have to do my Debbie Downer impression.

I think some of our RBs won't get a fair chance to show their stuff. 5+ RBs, many of which won't get to have the benefit of first line blocking, with limited amount of touches. Why isn't DR the de facto number one? Because the blocking he was getting early in the season wasn't there and the offensive scheme had changed.

I suppose that is always possible but I think this coaching staff will figure it out. And just an FYI there are seven RBs listed on the roster right now.

As far as a defacto #1 RB, I don't think DR is that kind of back anyway. It may sound silly but he could very well be on the bubble. I know he did well behind SJ but I also don't think he saw fewer carries as the season wore on just because SJ got healthy. I also can't see DR taking the bulk of the carries over a season. I realize he is just a slight bit smaller than Pead but he just seems a bit more frail to me. I'm not even sure why and it probably is just me watching SJ all those years and then seeing DR come in. But for some reason, I thought Pead looked bigger and stronger.
Pead faster and better hands
train

Isn't it pretty clear cut DR is a better running back than Pead? After all, he did beat him out 4 the #2 RB last year. In which the spot was clearly Pead's the second he was drafted in the second rd. So IMO, starter should be DR, Pead should be fighting for the #2 spot, which possibly puts him on the bubble, he better hope Stacey, Ganaway, or Cunningham steals that spot from him when it's all said and done... (Pead on the Bubble)

Ram4life11

Rookie
Angry Ram said:
I know I've been gone for a while, but I don't get why this guy is getting hype? To me he's still and UDFA.

Of course I hope he or any UDFA becomes a "steal" but right now...UDFA.

He was UDFA because he blew out his knee, he was a projected to go 4th or 5th round pick if healthy, the reason for so much hype? Is because of the steal we could possibly have with him, check out his film and you just may be a lil hyped yourself.... His film doesn't lie, the kid can play...

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Ram4life11 noting that the competition already had a winner:
Isn't it pretty clear cut DR is a better running back than Pead? After all, he did beat him out 4 the #2 RB last year. In which the spot was clearly Pead's the second he was drafted in the second rd. So IMO, starter should be DR, Pead should be fighting for the #2 spot, which possibly puts him on the bubble, he better hope Stacey, Ganaway, or Cunningham steals that spot from him when it's all said and done... (Pead on the Bubble)

I'm with you on this and as far as I'm concerned DR already won the battle last year and did nothing (in my mind) to lose his ranking. Of course rankings don't really mean anything if you're going to have a committee approach.

I'm not really buying that "by committee" stuff they're putting out. I see lots of touches by many RBs but there is still going to be a RB who gets the majority of snaps IMO. How is "by committee" going to work? Certain plays for certain RBs? How do you substitute in that scenario if you're running a no huddle or hurry up offense? This "by committee" is way overblown IMO because it just isn't practical. We'll see what happens in real life but I think there will be a ranking of RBs.