Bengals/Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True, but for Lewis it's been 4 straight years of one and done now. They don't seem to be taking the next step...
But was there anything to suggest that coaching is what lost those games? Especially today, I'd suggest the Bengals lost simply because they lacked the offensive talent. Their playmakers were injured and their QB is very mediocre. I'd look at improving those areas before looking to the head coach to be replaced.

...but then again, I'm not that big a fan of Lewis to begin with so...

MrMotes

Starter
But was there anything to suggest that coaching is what lost those games? Especially today, I'd suggest the Bengals lost simply because they lacked the offensive talent. Their playmakers were injured and their QB is very mediocre. I'd look at improving those areas before looking to the head coach to be replaced.

...but then again, I'm not that big a fan of Lewis to begin with so...

I like Marvin Lewis but if after 12 years he hasn't assembled a team with enough talent to win a playoff game isn't that on him?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like Marvin Lewis but if after 12 years he hasn't assembled a team with enough talent to win a playoff game isn't that on him?
It depends how much responsibility he has on player personnel. I don't know how much power he has in that...nor do I know if Dalton is the QB he chose.

I also feel like getting to the playoffs is the difficult part, once there anything can happen. If I have a coach that gets his team to the playoffs more times than not I better have someone in mind I know will do better, not just fire the guy then start looking to see what's out there.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Carolina has a great defense, but they were close to really being in trouble in that game with a Quarterback that would not be able to start in the CFL. Many will talk about how well the Colt defense played and Manning and the Broncos will hang a 40 spot on them next week.

I also sense a 40 burger being placed on the Colts.

ram007

Starter
Steelers have some problems too. Haven't won a playoff game in like 4 years. I hope Ben doesn't force himself out of Steelers and join Arians.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The worst thing is, they made it to the playoffs and we were nowhere near... life sucks