Belichick blames increased injuries on practice limits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...blames-increased-injuries-on-practice-limits/
Bill Belichick is notoriously tight-lipped when it comes to discussing injuries on his own team. However, he does have an opinion about the number of injuries occurring league-wide in recent seasons.

Belichick blames the new rules restricting practices and contact adopted under the new CBA as contributing to players not being fully prepared for the rigors of games and the season as a whole.

“I’m in favor of total preparation for the players for the season,” Belichick said during a conference call with Buffalo reporters, via John Wawrow of the Associated Press. “And I think that’s been changed significantly and, I would say, not necessarily for the better when you look at the injury numbers.”

Belichick said he was citing specific numbers indicating injuries have increased in recent seasons. An NFL spokesman disputed Belichick’s assertions saying the league monitors injury rates and there “is no evidence” that the rule changes have affected the number of injuries.

Among the changes to practice rules are no more two-a-day practices in training camp, limits on full-pads practices and a reduction in the number of offseason practices.

The Patriots have lost six starters to injured reserve this season. Belichick says the numbers back up his claim that injuries have increased and he doesn’t think it’s a coincidence as to why.

“When you see the number as high as they are, then I don’t think that’s a randomness that’s been two years in a row,” Belichick said. “I’ve got to think there’s some correlation there.”

I don't know who is correct here but I think the more physically fit you are the less prone you are to injuries. I think the NFLPA went a little too far.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:rofl::number1:

OK, I'm playing the rest of my posting life under official protest.:mad: Somebody in management took away the horizontal LMFAO smiley. What's worse, they left the helmet one which I can't figure out how to sneak into a conversation. :frown:

EastRam

Pro Bowler
OK, I'm playing the rest of my posting life under official protest.:mad: Somebody in management took away the horizontal LMFAO smiley. What's worse, they left the helmet one which I can't figure out how to sneak into a conversation. :frown:

:helmet: Just click the damn thing Albe! :heh:

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It just sits there with nothing meaningful to say. Kind of like my ex-wife without the side benefits. :helmet:

BTW, happy holidays brother!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fuck b-cheat. Expect the NFL to go into an emergency meeting to get the practice time rules amended to be more to the cheating piece of shit's liking now. That shit wouldn't surprise me.

On a side note,,, have you guys seen the rake on b-cheat's girlfriend ? ....

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
and he blames having less wins on not being able to spy on other teams' practices

This had me rollin...lol........on a serious note, i agree that the light practices fails to allow the body to properly adjust.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have to agree with Belichick. I think the NFLPA went too far the other direction in trying to protect the players and it is back firing. The lack of time in the OTA's and training camp has taken away from the time teams have to prepare before the season starts.

On the other hand I believe some of the injuries are directly attributed to the rules against hits to the head. They are bad but is taking out someone's knees any better? Some of the penalties called are not even hits to the head (most recent example Whitner's hit on SJ39 if you have not seen that it is worth a look).

I don't hate Belichick so much that I think his ideas have no merit. The Rams should have been kicking their butts so bad the refs would not have mattered.