Belicheat gives praise to our MVP

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Really nice report on what Hekker does and can do for the Team! And speaks volums for the Rams overall Punting game!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I actually thought it was going to be about Donald!
Bela-cheat always want to take an Opponent Teams #1 Player/Weapon out, or make him a non factor! I can see him trying that approach with say, Donald, or Britt, or Gurrley. But How is he going to game plan for Hekker!?!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hopefully Hekker shanks a line-drive rocket punt directly into that mother fuckers grill.

Only THEN will Hekker become the MVP!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good to see Hekk get some press. Dude is the only player on this team outside of AD who consistently produces at the highest level, it's well deserved.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, I half-expect Belicheat to give Hekker a blowjob before the game. And then Hekker crushes his hopes when he punts the ball into Tom Bitchy's face and knocks him out of the game. And then we go to town on Garappolo and we win.

...Hey, I can dream, right?

Psycho_X

Legend
Hekker deserves all the praise. If he stays consistent for a long career he'll be up there with the greats and might make people actually talk about a punter HoF but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

But the amount Belichik talks about him I almost just get a sense of it almost being a barb at the Rams. Like, he couldn't think of anything good to say so he excessively talks about the punter to the point of it almost seeming like he's mocking the fact there's nothing else for him to talk about. Of course, this is probably all just in my head. But it's Belichek... I always assume he has an ulterior motive lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd file tampering charges.

Belichick is trying to woo Hecker.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The Rams have a difficult challenge ahead of them on Week 13 against the Patriots. On Wednesday, Bill Belichick showered praise on a Rams player we could see a lot of at Gillette Stadium.

"I mean [Johnny] Hekker is a tremendous weapon," Belichick said in his opening remarks to reporters on Patriot Way. "This guy looks like as good a player as I've ever seen at that position."

Whoa. On a team with Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, Todd Gurley and No. 1 pick Jared Goff, Bill led with the punter. That is so Belichick.

If you're thinking this is a troll job, think again. Belichick regularly praises players from the opposing team in the walk-up to a game -- and it's not always a household name. Last week, The Hooded One had very nice things to say about Jets special teamer Josh Martin. (I checked, he's a real person.)

Belichick went on to compliment Hekker's athleticism and ability to thrive in all phases as a punter. This was press conference that turned into a love letter. If Eminem ever gets inspired to record a "Stan" sequel, we might have a hook.

"This guy is a weapon. I mean, he's not a good player -- he's a weapon."

If I'm Patriots punter Ryan Allen, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable right now. This should ease his mind: Hekker signed a six-year, $18 million extension in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...elichick-love-for-rams-punter-knows-no-bounds

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Pretty sure those are cheap shots. Saying our Punter is our best player. Sad to agree behind Donald, I agree with him.

Ellard80

Legend
Shows how sad we are that the coach can't think of anyway to praise us besides talking about our punter...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He is correct. He is a weapon. He's also the best player on our team outside of Donald and the most effective player we've got IF THE DEFENSE DOES ITS JOB. If the D plays as advertised all you do is not turn it over and then pin them deep time and time again. Each possession you get a little closer until you kick a FG. Three our four of those again. That's Fisherball and in this system Johnny Hekker is a damn important player.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Hekker stands out big time with those 60 yard net punts. He would anywhere.

I wouldn't mention Gurley or Quinn first either. Hekker and Donald are the only All Pros on this team.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Can't really argue with him about Johnny. Hekker is a two-time, soon to be three-time, pro bowl punter.

"Hold the phone Cotton, he has a cannon for a leg!" Pepper Brooks commenting on Johnny Hekker's punting abilities.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I dont see anything wrong with saying Hekker is our best player. Hes likely to go down as one of, if not the, greatest of all time at his position. The only other player you can say that about is Donald

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I hope this isn't true but my group chat is blowing up with lols at me, I guess Fisher was asked about the Pats and he started talking about Danny Woodhead, who is on the Chargers now and IR'd. This cant be foreal!?