Being such a mark of Isaac & Torry & what they stood for...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Being such a huge fan of Isaac and Torry, two WRs who had a little swagger but never let anything except their play do the talking, I have grown to very much dislike the diva WRs. The ones who would make asses of themselves (Chad Johnson), kill a locker room or two (Terrell Owens), or half ass their play on the field if the situation does not work in there mind (Randy Moss). So yea I am a little upset that we picked up this guy at the moment. Im not bugging out, just a little upset.

Titus Young is going to have prove to me that he is not just a quality WR, but a quality person and teammate as well..

I am iffy on the signing. I understand he has solid talent, but Jeff Fisher may need to realize that he cant fix everybody...Well at least the good news is that contract is for very little money......But is the contract he's getting the worry with the kid? Not really, what is to worry is that we are putting a hindrance in a locker room full of young impressionable players.

But all the negatives aside. IF Young can make it with us than I see the good he can provide. I watched him in college before the year of his draft and I saw a lot of his rookie year. The kid has game, not denying. He actually reminds me of Brandon Lloyd a little bit. I see some similarities in their game. Similar start to their career as well. Lloyd was a talented, yet very troubled WR when he burst onto the scene in SF... Lets hope Young's story goes the same as Lloyd's did. Being that the headcase diva from the start grew to settle emotions and become a respectable player.

Im in a show me mode with Young. Show me he is 100% focused to help the TEAM! T-E-A-M! Show me.

First things first....If I was Jeff Fisher, I would make Titus Young delete his twitter. Talk about a drama tube for a young diva like himself. He puts too much of his emotion on there to fans and his personal. Basically putting a target on his back

Welp, time to grow up Titus....If you think what Amendola's agent said was bad, just wait until you line up against Cortland Finnegan in camp. Finn will test is if this kid can stay focused :lmao:

Hope it works out.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Re: Being such a mark of Isaac & Torry & what they stood for

Yeah, completely agree about the twitter thing. And most of the other stuff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I hear ya Chris. Having Ike & Torry on the same team, at the same time, is like catching lightning in a bottle. Those were two high character, high producing dudes. Unfortunately, I guess, those kinds of guys are kinda few and far between. Especially on the same team. For every Isaac Bruce, there's a Chad Johnson.

They're both great receivers, but one keeps his yap shut and accepts his role on the TEAM, while the other points both thumbs at his chest like he's the only reason the team succeeds. In this day and age, you gotta take what you can get and have a coach in place that knows how to manage all kinds of different personalities. I think Fisher is perfect for that because he was a player once too, and he's got a very amiable personality. Almost everyone can relate to his style and approach. The rest of the formula for success is having top assistants and some good mentors on the team to keep their teammates in check.

We have all that, so it's easy to see why taking a flyer on a dude like Titutron is doable. But yeah, I long for the days of Ike, Torry, Marshall, Ricky, & Hakim (sans the fumbles). Those were the days...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I liked Chad overall. He was fun and when he was younger and in the Bengals system he for sure produced.

The Riverdance td celebration and trying to bribe the ref with a dollar. Classic stuff IMO.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Both my crystal ball and magic 8-ball have never worked. As a result , I gave up on reading the future a long time ago.

One thing that I see being different for Young in STL compared to Detroit is the maturity and credibility of the coaches. Fish and Co. have control of the team... Schwartz and Co. are not in control of the team. Young is not the only player doing stupid shit in dirty-D (see Suh).

I think the change of scenery, threat of never getting a second contract , and the respected coaching staff are the ingredients that may just be able to get some tasty games out of Young.

If NOT... Young will be made an example of. And I don't believe he'll be given the "privilege" of running the bleachers in a road stadium.

Lots of personalities in a group of 53 men. Some are always gonna be divas... As long as he uses his talents to help the team , his diva act will go over just fine.

If he fucks up.... See-ya-later-bye.

Let's see what plays out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

biggame1190 said:
Being such a huge fan of Isaac and Torry, two WRs who had a little swagger but never let anything except their play do the talking, I have grown to very much dislike the diva WRs. The ones who would make asses of themselves (Chad Johnson), kill a locker room or two (Terrell Owens), or half ass their play on the field if the situation does not work in there mind (Randy Moss). So yea I am a little upset that we picked up this guy at the moment. Im not bugging out, just a little upset.

Titus Young is going to have prove to me that he is not just a quality WR, but a quality person and teammate as well..

I am iffy on the signing. I understand he has solid talent, but Jeff Fisher may need to realize that he cant fix everybody...Well at least the good news is that contract is for very little money......But is the contract he's getting the worry with the kid? Not really, what is to worry is that we are putting a hindrance in a locker room full of young impressionable players.

But all the negatives aside. IF Young can make it with us than I see the good he can provide. I watched him in college before the year of his draft and I saw a lot of his rookie year. The kid has game, not denying. He actually reminds me of Brandon Lloyd a little bit. I see some similarities in their game. Similar start to their career as well. Lloyd was a talented, yet very troubled WR when he burst onto the scene in SF... Lets hope Young's story goes the same as Lloyd's did. Being that the headcase diva from the start grew to settle emotions and become a respectable player.

Im in a show me mode with Young. Show me he is 100% focused to help the TEAM! T-E-A-M! Show me.

First things first....If I was Jeff Fisher, I would make Titus Young delete his twitter. Talk about a drama tube for a young diva like himself. He puts too much of his emotion on there to fans and his personal. Basically putting a target on his back

Welp, time to grow up Titus....If you think what Amendola's agent said was bad, just wait until you line up against Cortland Finnegan in camp. Finn will test is if this kid can stay focused :lmao:

Hope it works out.

I'm with you biggame. I want to win but I want to win with players I respect.

What Titus Young has done, I do not respect.

That said; if he screws up in St. Louis... his earning power in the NFL will be immediately effected. Think about it; he was only claimed by 1 team! If he gets kicked off the only team that claimed him what's he got left? Who would invest in a double-dumper?

I think, unless he's mentally unstable, this could work out.

At the same time, I hate putting any knuckleheads in the room with Jenkins and Givens. These guys need all the positive role models we can surround them with.

So... I'm very much on the fence with you.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

CGI_Ram said:
biggame1190 said:

Hope it works out.

That said; if he screws up in St. Louis... his earning power in the NFL will be immediately effected. Think about it; he was only claimed by 1 team! If he gets kicked off the only team that claimed him what's he got left? Who would invest in a double-dumper?

At the same time, I hate putting any knuckleheads in the room with Jenkins and Givens. These guys need all the positive role models we can surround them with.

Since Young has only 1 year on them, he's a peer, rather than a role model. Amendola and Finnegan are their role models.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Ram Quixote said:
CGI_Ram said:
biggame1190 said:

Hope it works out.

Since Young has only 1 year on them, he's a peer, rather than a role model. Amendola and Finnegan are their role models.

Okay fair enough. Jenkins and Givens need positive influences around them.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

Speaking of Isaac and Torry...

If Titus works out, he's coming into year three (and the end of his rookie contract) so look for him to produce in a big way **IF** he can get his act together..

Then you have Givens..
If Givens had a first half of the season as he did second half then he would have been our first 1000 yard receiver since Torry.

Now, if all the stars align for the Rams (for once)

We will be back to buisness!