Being Brutally Honest....how Much Longer Do We Give Sam?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think this year disproved that contention. He was a top ten QB before his injury and we have none of those things FRO mentioned.
I just don't get why people can't look at the games and what was happening and see that Sam was hitting receivers with very little time to throw, no running game, and WAY too many drops. And STILL he had top 10 numbers. I suppose he'll be a lightning rod until he wins a Superbowl - eh?

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
I see no problems in Sam. For me he can stay in the team until his retirement!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sam is Matt Ryan without Julio, Roddy, and Gonzo. Put some pieces around him. He really has had poor support for 4 years.

I think it's all a moot point because it appears that Fisher is the biggest "Bradford Mom" out there. He likes Sam. Sam will be our QB for a while.

He put up a 90 QB rating, 14 TDs 4 INTs and 61% completions with a receiving corps in the top 5 in drops and no run game in 4 out of 7 starts. Try and find many QBs that would do much better.

A better comparison career wise is Rivers of the Bolts. If you graph Rivers career over the years his sucsess is dependent on who he has had to throw to, the running game and his Oline. The running game is the biggest influence in when has success

I said when Bradford was drafted Rivers was his upside. Not a thing wrong with that. Top 5 QB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A better comparison career wise is Rivers of the Bolts. If you graph Rivers career over the years his sucsess is dependent on who he has had to throw to, the running game and his Oline. The running game is the biggest influence in when has success

I said when Bradford was drafted Rivers was his upside. Not a thing wrong with that. Top 5 QB.
I drew that comparison the other day. But I see Sam as a little more accurate than Rivers. The rest though is right on IMO.

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 with one of life's unanswerable questions:
I just don't get why people can't look at the games and what was happening and see that Sam was hitting receivers with very little time to throw, no running game, and WAY too many drops. And STILL he had top 10 numbers. I suppose he'll be a lightning rod until he wins a Superbowl - eh?
People need something to bitch about. Plus it's fun. Sometimes.

Sometimes people just come to a conclusion and won't be swayed by new facts because that would mean they were wrong originally. :disappoint:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
People need something to bitch about. Plus it's fun. Sometimes.

Sometimes people just come to a conclusion and won't be swayed by new facts because that would mean they were wrong originally. :disappoint:
As much as I realize that, it's the persistence some posters cling to that annoys me I suppose. I may be a homer but if a player is screwing the pooch, I'll call out his play. But I still try to look at why. Why is a player successful? Why is he not getting it done?

Look at Cort for example. Is it an injury? Has he lost a step? He simply isn't in position to make plays anymore. Why? If it's correctable, I want him back because I like the mindset he plays with. If it were because of scheme or having to cover for other players, I'd defend the guy. I just don't see that being the case and I don't see him coming back to play at the level we need out of him. But if he steps up, I'll be back to being a Cort fan.

Alan

Legend
Well that's because you're still young and not set in your ways like us old guys.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well that's because you're still young and not set in your ways like us old guys.
Funny man. But what do you want to bet that most of the people we are referring to are far younger than us creaky old guys?

Alan

Legend
That's because we're still young at heart and in mind. You more so than me of course.