Being Brutally Honest....how Much Longer Do We Give Sam?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I am a huge Bradford fan. My avatar is Bradford, my computer background at the office is Sam. But we need to be honest and think of the team. Fisher and Snead have us on the verge of being a division contender and I see some great days coming....but

How much longer do we stick with Sam and not consider drafting or trading for another QB. He was solid last year until he went down. If he comes out and does that again this year, great. But guys, as much dedication as we feel for Sam, we need to think of the team.

How many more years do we give Sam?

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
Next year.. he has a larger contract then other rookies drafted.. Next year even with our division being brutal 10-6 or bust!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am a huge Bradford fan. My avatar is Bradford, my computer background at the office is Sam. But we need to be honest and think of the team. Fisher and Snead have us on the verge of being a division contender and I see some great days coming....but

How much longer do we stick with Sam and not consider drafting or trading for another QB. He was solid last year until he went down. If he comes out and does that again this year, great. But guys, as much dedication as we feel for Sam, we need to think of the team.

How many more years do we give Sam?

For better or worse, we should know at the end of 2014. If he plays well, stick with him. If he doesn't, move on. If he gets hurt again, it might be time to consider moving on.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Knee recovery a side, how anyone thinks he is not even better than he was this past year, to the point where he was 110+ rated for the 3+ games in the "Stacy era" with a 7/1 td/int ratio is just beyond me.

What is he suddenly going to forget he's that good?

And during that stretch when he actually had a running game (still no rushing tds mind you) you have the dropped td by Quick and the called back td due to J Long's trip or he'd have been a crazy 9/1 td/int in 3+ games.

10 TDs to 1 Int if we also count Givens dropping what should have been an 80 yard TD vs. Houston. :wink:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnny Football don't need no excuses made for him.

Neither did Sam when he was in college. I believe he had something like 50 TDs to 8 Ints his sophomore year. :wink:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
You keep him until he is part of the problem. Could be next year, could be 15 years. Right now he is not the problem.

See dis right here sez it, if ya don't like Sam and ya don't like players cuz your team is not winning and ya want to get rid of them what's causing it ya got a few drafts ta go before QB is your priority and by then he'll be the ten year crafty old pro that has seen everything, but IF you need an answer to the question ,when do we get rid of him,when that world class arm goes

BTW Sam could throw a ball further left handed than Manziel can Rt handed

RFIP

Neither did Sam when he was in college. I believe he had something like 50 TDs to 8 Ints his sophomore year. :wink:

Yep. And 88/16 over his first 2 years at OU where he was simply amazing.

jap

Legend
Yep. And 88/16 over his first 2 years at OU where he was simply amazing.

He also had a huge OL wall that protected him and allowed him dissect defenses. Fish and Coach Bou needs to give him such a wall again.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
My only issue with this is:

1. I don't see anyone completely outplaying him in July unless he's not sufficiently recovered. And...

2. If I believe a QB has what it takes to get his team to the SB then I don't care how much money he makes. I believe Sam has what it takes and I don't throw that away for a ? or $

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
As long as that bum knee and glass shoulder will give us! Haha!

I'm only funning but there is some truth to that.

RFIP

"Glass shoulder"? Where does that come from? His shoulder is noticably better than ever and his arm has gone from good to great after he rehab the shoulder, which is now 5 years ago.

Stafford had same injury, twice as a matter of fact, Ben too, and now Rodgers. I've never heard any of their fan bases concerned about it since.

Now the knee is concerning to me only to the point of its pyscological issues as it takes everyone time to get past that aspect. My hope is because his knee is so clean that he is back faster than the norm so he is full go by camp in July and plays in PS, which I believe he will.

As long as that bum knee and glass shoulder will give us! Haha!

I'm only funning but there is some truth to that.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think the answer to this is pretty simple. He has till next year to prove he is the answer. I'm heavily leaning towards him doing so based on his performance this year. However, if things don't workout because the world isn't a perfect place, then cutting him in 2015 saves close to 11+ million and eats about 5. It would be the reverse this year. There's no harm at all in drafting one of these QBs to develop if you're the Rams. Even of Sam stays here another 15 years.

I'm excited to see if the team is serious about re-building the line into something respectable. Not only to protect Sam, but to provide him with the running game that Stacy gave Clemens in the second half of the season.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"Glass shoulder"? Where does that come from? His shoulder is noticably better than ever and his arm has gone from good to great after he rehab the shoulder, which is now 5 years ago.

Stafford had same injury, twice as a matter of fact, Ben too, and now Rodgers. I've never heard any of their fan bases concerned about it since.

Now the knee is concerning to me only to the point of its pyscological issues as it takes everyone time to get past that aspect. My hope is because his knee is so clean that he is back faster than the norm so he is full go by camp in July and plays in PS, which I believe he will.

Yep, all reasons for optimism. You can throw Brady in that category, too.

In fact Sam hasn't had any issues with his shoulder that I can recall since surgery.

RFIP

Correct, and that is because like with most bone injuries, once healed it is usually stronger than before.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Correct, and that is because like with most bone injuries, once healed it is usually stronger than before.

Bradford didn't suffer any injury to the bone it was the joint. He had surgery on it. No broken bones.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
You get what you pay for. Kind of like how Kroenke decided to pay big money to Fisher.

I'm not worried about Bradford's contract. Maybe his cap hit. But if he's the guy to get us there, why wouldn't we pay him? It's not my money and besides, there are smarter people than me working on that logic problem.