Behold: The league's most perplexing smack talker.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a Bradford guy but I can't help thinking how we missed drafting this guy, one of the best, who is never injured, by one year.
And one field goal (CLE game).

rdw

Pro Bowler
I really didn't have an opinion of Luck before reading this article but I have to say that I find this insight about him to be hilarious. It's totally something I'd do.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Luck has been my favorite QB for a couple seasons now. This is a prime example of why.

fearsomefour

Legend
I had a QB say "nice hit" to me in HS after I drilled him. Unfortunately he made a great throw that beat us on that play for 6.

But I respected him deeply after that comment.

I wish I could say I did the same, but I think it's different for a defensive player. I talked massive trash. Especially to the OL who tried to block me. Glad I wasn't mic'ed up. :D
I never talked at all. Some are good at it and I never was. So, I just never talked trash at all. In fact I barely said anything. If I made a catch for a first down or got drilled I never said a peep. If someone really got under my skin I would cheap shot them if I could however.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I never talked at all. Some are good at it and I never was. So, I just never talked trash at all. In fact I barely said anything. If I made a catch for a first down or got drilled I never said a peep. If someone really got under my skin I would cheap shot them if I could however.

The Silent Killer. ;)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If the colts were in the NFC west, they wouldn't even come close to making the playoffs.
Of course on the flip side, if luck was on any NFC West team he'd improve them exponentially.

Always a shame when a good QB has to deal with a subpar team

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I like Luck as a player and think this is a cool approach to trash talk. Those comments would have driven me insane when I was a kid

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't remember anyone trash talking when I was playing. I suppose the rare occasion was when a fight was about to break out or if someone cheap shotted another player. I got flagged a couple times for fighting but I don't really remember words being exchanged really ever. It seems to me that calling someone out or cussing might have even been a quicker flag than fighting back then. I might be remembering wrong but I don't know why I would be.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't remember anyone trash talking when I was playing. I suppose the rare occasion was when a fight was about to break out or if someone cheap shotted another player. I got flagged a couple times for fighting but I don't really remember words being exchanged really ever. It seems to me that calling someone out or cussing might have even been a quicker flag than fighting back then. I might be remembering wrong but I don't know why I would be.
I think you are right.
I never did it so didnt pay much attention but it may certainly be it didnt happen much. Fights and stuff happened. Just brainlessly running ones mouth? Probably not so much.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm a Bradford guy but I can't help thinking how we missed drafting this guy, one of the best, who is never injured, by one year.

That's just the Rams "Luck".......badump bish!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
As a goalie I would sometimes say "nice shot". Funny thing is people would sometimes take it the wrong way, but I really did mean, damn that was a nice shot, I barely made the save. So if they got bent, I might get a little evil and just say keep trying expletive. But I never really talked trash, because I was just never good at it :)

I was definitely one to play better after getting the Irish up, but anyone, even a team mate could set that off so my balance was actually just trying to stay calm and focused.

One good thing I always like about playing hockey is that fighting and violence in general was just a part of the game when I played. So trash talk is kind of for people that can't even check well :)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whether intentional or not, it's kind of funny to me.

I like Luck, my impression is that it's not an act.

I think he's just a genuinely likeable guy, and a pretty darned good QB!

dhaab

Rookie
Michael Jordan used to do that same sorta thing. He'd swish a baseline fadeaway on his defender just barely over their outstretched hand, and then say something like - "Hey great defense on that play. You almost got that one!" Then he'd go down the next play and swish another one, exact same way.

That's not the same thing that Andrew Luck is doing. Not even close.

WvuIN02

Starter
Larry Bird talked more trash than anyone. The below one is my all time favorite.