Beginning to think Jackson don't return

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams4life

Ok, he's not a free agent. Rams gave him the option to void the final year of his deal, which he will not do cause the salary is high dollars. That will force the rams to cut him cause they don't want to pay him the high salary. Then both parties will move on. That's how I see it working out. Thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Tapatalk 2

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Rams4life said:
Ok, he's not a free agent. Rams gave him the option to void the final year of his deal, which he will not do cause the salary is high dollars. That will force the rams to cut him cause they don't want to pay him the high salary. Then both parties will move on. That's how I see it working out. Thoughts?

I can see that happening. SJ respect the man but it might be time to move on. Fisher just needs to have a plan who is going to carry the load next year if he leaves.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
GreeneCounty said:
Rams4life said:

I can see that happening. SJ respect the man but it might be time to move on. Fisher just needs to have a plan who is going to carry the load next year if he leaves.
From what I remember, the Rams made the final decision his; the deal was they can't void the contract if he decides not to void it.

They want to extend him, but wanted to let Jackson know how much they appreciate him by giving him control over the current contract.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think both sides want a deal to happen.

How badly we shall see. If they both truly want a deal, then one will get done.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I like SJ for a few more years because I doubt Pead and Richardson are ready to take the load quite yet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jack is a great short yardage back, but it's getting close to that time that Pead and Richardson start getting the Lion's share of the carries. We need more guys that can take a quick-hitter or screen to the house.

If he elects to stick around, we'll clearly benefit. But if he doesn't, I think we'll be alright with those two for the duration. That said, his presence on the field and in the lockerroom is worth a whole lot.

It would also suck to see him in a different uniform. :-?

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
For me the "breakaway back" aspect of Jax game is not something I value nearly so much as his ability to wear a defense down , chew clock, and take on a 250 lb blitzing LB.

If Ganaway isn't real good at those things SJ is too valuable to let go. I don't see Richardson EVER being the feature back MAYBE Pead, but really neither one IMO is SJ's replacement.

I think the plan to let him void the last year and let the market set his value is sound. That way if he leaves ,it will be for big bucks if his offers are reasonable , he stays.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm sure his agent has already estimated his market value. And maybe I'm wrong but I believe he would have to actually void his contract before other teams could actually start talking to his agent about offering him a contract. Not sure how any of this plays out considering this (if I'm right).

If he voids his contract right away though, I'd say it definitely would suggest he will be aggressively exploring free agency. If he doesn't, it may mean that he is close to working out a deal so why bother. Even if he voids the contract quickly, I don't think it means that he will get a better offer elsewhere.

I too would hate to see him wearing another jersey. But if it happens, I'm not going to start a rant about who screwed up, or is cheap, or was just looking for a payday. SJ is a stud and a class act. KC has generally done what he said he would. These are not the days of Ziggy, Shaw, and the Showgirl. We have actual football minds running the show and an owner that will invest in smart moves.

All that said, I think he finishes his career in horns under a four year deal that is cap friendly while paying him some sort of guaranteed money that works for both sides in case he is only productive for another year or two.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
For me the "breakaway back" aspect of Jax game is not something I value nearly so much as his ability to wear a defense down , chew clock, and take on a 250 lb blitzing LB.

If Ganaway isn't real good at those things SJ is too valuable to let go. I don't see Richardson EVER being the feature back MAYBE Pead, but really neither one IMO is SJ's replacement.

I think the plan to let him void the last year and let the market set his value is sound. That way if he leaves ,it will be for big bucks if his offers are reasonable , he stays.
Ya know......

Daryl Richardson is almost the exact height and weight of .... Chris Johnson.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Ya know......

THAT hack? :sly:

Speeps

Starter
Steven Jackson may be back as the Jerome Bettis to Willie Parker. Bettis was the goal line short yardage back that was at the end of his career tutoring the emerging Willie Parker. I think SJ will fit the build, but of course he could have a much more expanded roll than Bettis did at that time. However, it would have to be clear that SJ isn't the "guy." IMO, the offense needs to be turned over to Sam Bradford and the future at running back, but keeping SJ in the roll mentioned above.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Ya know......

Good ,they can wear each others clothes :razzed:

it was hinted by some in St.L that Richardson had hit a wall at the end of the season, JMO but Pead has a better chance to be the "feature back " next year .

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Ya know......

it was hinted by some in St.L that Richardson had hit a wall at the end of the season, JMO but Pead has a better chance to be the "feature back " next year .
Who hinted that? I mean, it could be true, because they really cut back on his touches towards the end.

Dude had a respectable YPC, and he was breaking big gainers left and right early on. Maybe he did wear down. I dunno. But he's a rookie and might not have been ready for the full monte after having come from Abilene Christian. I was really high on him when they picked him up. So naturally, he's going to be a super duper looper star in the coming years.

Uh huh. Try to refute THAT logic.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Ya know......

Who hinted that? I mean, it could be true, because they really cut back on his touches towards the end.

Dude had a respectable YPC, and he was breaking big gainers left and right early on. Maybe he did wear down. I dunno. But he's a rookie and might not have been ready for the full monte after having come from Abilene Christian. I was really high on him when they picked him up. So naturally, he's going to be a super duper looper star in the coming years.

I have ALWAYS believed that once futed logic should never be re-futed.

But you take DR and I'll take a Pead and we'll revisit this futing at a future futing.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:

I cannot. That is flawless logic. Also, I am pretty much queer for DRs game. Would be great to have SJ on board for at least one more season though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:

But you take DR and I'll take a Pead and we'll revisit this futing at a future futing.
Nope. I was never down on Pead. I said very early on that he has the shiftiness of Marshall Faulk and can cut on a dime like Barry Sanders. In college. And he's just as explosive as Richardson. I'm not taking one over the other no way no how. I hope they BOTH contribute equally for the next few years. Both with their different strengths and equality of explosiveness. There were a few times where Pead motioned out of the backfield and dragged a LB with him to the perimeter. Every time he broke free, but never once got the ball. I expect to see a lot of that in the near future, and I expect Bradford to get his timing down with him too.

So, fute you. We're on the same page basically. Mudda futer.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A'yt.... Might I add that SJ got healthier as the season wore on. Can we have a wee bit of credit to the fact that The Warrior is still the best RB on this team and STILL one of the best in the league? No fumbles, a 1000 yard season, and always wants to inflict pain on the other team.... Who do you give the pig skin to? It's also why I think player/hard nosed/play your ass off coach Fisher gets him back here. There is a manly respect going on here.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Nope. I was never down on Pead. I said very early on that he has the shiftiness of Marshall Faulk and can cut on a dime like Barry Sanders. In college. And he's just as explosive as Richardson. I'm not taking one over the other no way no how. I hope they BOTH contribute equally for the next few years. Both with their different strengths and equality of explosiveness. There were a few times where Pead motioned out of the backfield and dragged a LB with him to the perimeter. Every time he broke free, but never once got the ball. I expect to see a lot of that in the near future, and I expect Bradford to get his timing down with him too.

So, fute you. We're on the same page basically. Mudda futer.

Listen here Yankee, we southern gentlemen take great umbrage at such discussion of our futing proclivities , wet noodles at 20 paces, or nerfs in a wadeing pool , your choice either way the gauntlet hath been flung.

Props here to 503, who astutely ob serves that in deed sir , Jax is still the best back we currently have and we won't improve the team by letting him walk unless there is a stellar replacement for his unique tallents

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Best back, sure...but remember the money issue.

Both him and the team has to agree. Hopefully it works out, but they gotta be prepared incase it doesn't work out.

I've wanted many backs the Rams to draft and every single one of them have made an impact...

DeMarco Murray- stud
Kendall Hunter- awesome backup
Shonne Greene- good enough
LeMichael James- hasn't gotten a chance to be a runner, but he's an awesome return man.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
RamFan503 said:
A'yt.... Might I add that SJ got healthier as the season wore on. Can we have a wee bit of credit to the fact that The Warrior is still the best RB on this team and STILL one of the best in the league? No fumbles, a 1000 yard season, and always wants to inflict pain on the other team.... Who do you give the pig skin to? It's also why I think player/hard nosed/play your ass off coach Fisher gets him back here. There is a manly respect going on here.
Steven Jackson WILL be a Ram next year. Mark my words.

GO RAMS!!!!