Before you say anything... think

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz is special...different

Maybe... but the Rams really didn't get much pressure on him yesterday... I kept yelling at the TV.

PHI Oline handled the Rams Dline... that was the game, IMO.

Were they able to get pressure on him, I suspect the game would be much different.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude is like a modern day John Elway.
Several have called him that....I'd say it's pretty accurate.
If some reading this haven't seen Elway play...remember, he was like Jim Kelly...in that, he took Denver to 4 super bowls but didn't win any....then TD arrived and they went to 2 straight winning both....after he was pretty much finished. Elway at Stanford was something too....Strong armed....very mobile...total athlete.
i'd say it's pretty much impossible to get a running QB to quit running
Most learn....some too late..but most learn....Elway was a runner....Staubach was a runner....Bradshaw was a runner....Young was a runner...probably always was a runner...they all became comfortable in the pocket...and really wanted to pass more than run after several years. Scrambling to throw isn't a problem...IMO...putting your head down at the goalline IS a problem. Bet he learns from this....
Maybe... but the Rams really didn't get much pressure on him yesterday
I thought there was some good pressure...not enough hits & sacks...really made me look at Westbrooks, Samson, Longacre....and Fox...not enough pressure from these guys...and no where near the amount of QB hits and sacks. We don't get pressure without blitzing...that's a problem. Quinn had 1 sack...we needed more. That Vai guy for Philly played well. Johnson...the RT on Philly was manhandling guys....esp. Samson.

Walker, Brockers, and Smart....Brockers was good tho...but those guys are run stopping players...interior guys...not really expect pressure from them, if you get some, all the better.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wow. Just saw Wentz might be out for the year with a torn ACL. The irony of the fact is that if Trumaine isn't called for that taunt, the Eagles kick the FG and that play doesn't happen.
And that Penalty looked like a BS call to me!!

LOL.ou want to talk about Irony, with Wentz out, the Top 3 Seeds in the NFC will now have former Rams or Current Rams at QB!
* #1 Eagles / Foles
* #2 Viqueens / Keenum
* #3 Rams /Goff
Now this^ to me is ironic! LOL

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The issue for me isn't the fight in this team-- I don't think anyone is questioning that. My issue is McVay abandoning the run game. Washington, Seattle, Minnesota and the Eagles have one thing in common: Gurley less than 20 touches. He owned the Eagles, we had the lead, but we're still passing deep. Great when it works, but no doubt ended any chance of us icing the game today.

I predicted we'd drop this game, then run the table, going 12-4. We're in a position way better than anyone could've predicted imo.

I predicted 12-4 and now the 4 are settled so its a wrap.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
i'd say it's pretty much impossible to get a running QB to quit running, often it's what got them to where they are...Live and die with it, and why i didn't want the Rams to draft Wentz. He's done for this year, and if he keeps it up, well, it's not called the 'Not For Long" league for nothing
train

Yesterday was a prime example of why you dont draft a running QB in the top 5. In the NFL you get what you can and protect yourself. Not many running QBs grasp this as quickly as they should.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The good news for the Rams on the Wentz play is that nobody can even intimate that there was anything wrong with the hit...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Why are people saying that Wentz didn't get pressured?
He was hit over 20 times, not including the sacks.
Wentz was under a ton of pressure. The problem was that our secondary couldn't maintain coverage when we had a chance to get him.
Wentz is hurting today and his not just his knee.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Wentz was under a ton of pressure. The problem was that our secondary couldn't maintain coverage when we had a chance to get him.
Wentz made several throws with defenders draped all over him. The notion that there was no pressure is complete nonsense.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't see the pressure... where can you get those stats?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that Penalty looked like a BS call to me!!

LOL.ou want to talk about Irony, with Wentz out, the Top 3 Seeds in the NFC will now have former Rams or Current Rams at QB!
* #1 Eagles / Foles
* #2 Viqueens / Keenum
* #3 Rams /Goff
Now this^ to me is ironic! LOL
giphy.gif

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I didn't see the pressure... where can you get those stats?
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-philadelphia-eagles-43-los-angeles-rams-35

QB CARSON WENTZ, 83.9 OVERALL GRADE
We await news of what injury Wentz has suffered, but whether Eagle fan or not we should all be disappointed at potentially losing a player who has added so much to the league this year. The sophomore quarterback was sharp against a Rams defense that got pressure on 16 of his 45 dropbacks, pushing the ball in the deep and intermediate areas to complete nine passes beyond 10 yards in the air. That the Eagles won this game without him on the field shouldn’t take away how much he did to ensure the team were in position to.

If you rewatch the game, before Wentz leaves a stat box pops up showing QB hits, the Rams were at 19.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-philadelphia-eagles-43-los-angeles-rams-35

QB CARSON WENTZ, 83.9 OVERALL GRADE
We await news of what injury Wentz has suffered, but whether Eagle fan or not we should all be disappointed at potentially losing a player who has added so much to the league this year. The sophomore quarterback was sharp against a Rams defense that got pressure on 16 of his 45 dropbacks, pushing the ball in the deep and intermediate areas to complete nine passes beyond 10 yards in the air. That the Eagles won this game without him on the field shouldn’t take away how much he did to ensure the team were in position to.

If you rewatch the game, before Wentz leaves a stat box pops up showing QB hits, the Rams were at 19.
OK... like I said, I was a little drunk (OK, a lot drunk).

I'm gonna watch the Short tonight.